Michael Strahan Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Strahan Retires

FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer reports that Michael Strahan has decided to retire.

"It's time. I'm done," Strahan said, who wanted to let teammates know before minicamp. While Strahan will be remembered for his record 22.5 sack season and his big mouth, he's a Hall-of-Famer because he was also consistently strong against the run. Strahan is fifth-all time in sacks and could enter the Hall with buddy Brett Favre and Warren Sapp in five years. The Giants pass rush will suffer, but they are well equipped to move Justin Tuck outside and use Mathias Kiwanuka more as a pass rusher."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...40813162&ATT=5
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Goodbye Mike.

Comment

Darn. The Giants have planned for it, though. Look for Kiwanuka to take Strahan's old job, and for Bryan Kehl to play SAM.
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Sh*t, I shouldn't have bought his book. He's probably going to re-release it with more pages.

Comment

God, this HOF class is, wait for it, loaded!!!

Jonathan Ogden, Brett Favre, Warren Sapp, and now Strahan?! Wow.

Comment

Saw that coming and I'm glad. All these great players usually stick around a year or two too many and like to see them leave while they're on top. Great career for this guy capped by a Super Bowl Victory
            Check out my new site Today!
            Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
              Darn. The Giants have planned for it, though. Look for Kiwanuka to take Strahan's old job, and for Bryan Kehl to play SAM.
              I think Tuck will start at LE. Kiwi could move there on passing downs so they could move Tuck back inside.

Comment

Strahan was always that guy we hated to like in Washington. So we're glad to see him go but the guy had a great career and will definitely be a HOFer.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                  I think Tuck will start at LE. Kiwi could move there on passing downs so they could move Tuck back inside.
                  Not willing to discount that theory, but I think they drafted Bryan Kehl for a reason. I don't know how well he can move to weakside, but I recall him playing there in mini camps. Either way, Kehl played strongside in college.
                  - Also known as Dan.
                  - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm glad he retired. What better way to go out on top than after ruining a bunch of cheaters perfect season. Good for Strahan.

Comment

Yes!!!!!

Comment

Any chance of the Giants signing someone like Colvin now, or are they set? Seems like the're well prepared for this with guys like Renaldo Wynn signed and Kiwanuka or Tuck set to move to End... i thought he could have had another 10 sack year but cant fault him for bowing out while on top as it must be a good feeling...

Comment

I agree, he still would have been very productive. I think the Giants have been preparing for this since his drama last season. I doubt they need a guy like Colvin.

Comment

Although we will clearly miss Strahan we planned for this as best we could.

Kiwi will play SLB on regular downs, Kehl will play SLB on passing downs which is good since he played a lot more coverage than rushing plays as a 3-4 OLB in college. Basically the D-Line passing rotation will be Kiwi, Osi, Tuck and probably Alford who took Kiwi's place when he got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                              Wouldn't it make more sense to just put Tuck at LE. I understand that Kiwanuka is bad at pass coverage but it's an aggressive style of defense where he is blitzing most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X