More Likely to Bust - OTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Likely to Bust - OTs

We'll do the first five chosen. They are Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Chris Williams, Gosder Cherilus, and Jeff Otah.
    Jake Long
    24.00%
    Ryan Clady
    4.00%
    Chris Williams
    12.00%
    Gosder Cherilus
    36.00%
    Jeff Otah
    24.00%

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Brandon Albert Should be on the list, I'm pretty sure they plan for him to play LT. I thought Otah was going to play RT and Gross would stay at left? Maybe not.

Either way I picked Jake Long because he won't be Orlando Pace, and that's what's expected if you're picked #1.

Comment

Albert's official draft position was at guard so he'll be on the guards list.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

He would be second on my biggest OT busts. Think he'll be a great guard though.

Comment

Jake Long has the highest expectations (based on draft position), and popular opinion (amongst the amateur critics) thinks he's going to be/wants him to be a failure as a left tackle, but he has great size, strength and a nasty disposition and with an OL minded HC like Sparano he'll develop nicely and become a very solid pro LT IMO.

My vote's for Cherilus. He was a reach in the first place, and to make matters worse he was chosen by the draft-error prone Detroit Lions who have other holes to fill and despite a good resume and pedigree I think he'll struggle. I think he'll be a starting NFL RT down the line, but he'll be the biggest bust of the top 5 OT's taken.
          Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
          The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
          THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
          THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

I think it'll be Otah. Otah was a prospective pick. A guy who we knew was raw but due to his size and strength, was a first round prospect. If the project doesn't work, Otah is a bust. I think that's likely.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Wait what... you voted Godser, but you think Long will be the biggest bust...

Comment

What? Where did I say Long was gonna bust? I was saying that Long has the loftiest expectations and that I think he's widely considered to be the most likely to bust as a Left Tackle, but I think he'll prove his doubters wrong. It was a preemptive strike at the likely Long votes that are to come.
                Last edited by McNulty; 06-09-2008, 03:20 PM.
                The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat

Comment

Originally posted by the shock doctor View Post
                  What? Where did I say Long was gonna bust? I was saying that Long has the loftiest expectations and that I think he's widely considered to be the most likely to bust as a Left Tackle, but I think he'll prove his doubters wrong. It was a preemptive strike at the likely Long votes that to come.
                  Preemptive strikes haven't turned out so well as of late

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I misread your last sentence, my apologies.

Comment

haha no problem, I'm just in a foul mood as I sit and watch my Italians capitulate in their game against the Netherlands

Comment

Otah. Horrible fit in the ZBS.

Comment

Who voted Ryan Clady and why?

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
                            Otah. Horrible fit in the ZBS.
                            In defense to Otah, I believe news came out on draft day that with the pick of Otah they are switching into a more conventional power scheme, but it was speculation.

I say Otah as the most likely to bust but I don't think any of them will.

And Gosder Cherilus is a stud. He'll be the #1 RT in the NFL when it is about 6 years down the road.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you look at Carolina's projected offensive line, it's power.

I voted for Jake Long since he lacks the athleticism.

Comment

Working...
                              X