Chicago's Running Back Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago's Running Back Situation

As they've just cut Cedric Benson, they're now down to what, Garrett Wolfe, Adrian Peterson, and Matt Forte?

Am I the only one who's convinced they'll sign either Travis Henry, Shaun Alexander, or Kevin Jones? At least one of them?
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Who gives a ****? This team isn't going to the playoffs. To help explain I have my friend Mr. Mora

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDjG9XlsHqQ&feature=related
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Travis Henry wouldn't be a bad sign for them.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Agreed with Matt, they should ride it out with Matt Forte and see what happens.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

They say Alexander and KJ want too much dough. And they just cut loose one underacheiving, trouble making RB in Benson...what kind of message would the be sending out if they brought in Henry?
          "I love me some me!"

Comment

Bears officials at Rookiee Mini Camps and OTA's said that Forte looked like an every down back and would get a lot of time with Benson. So Forte will most likely be the starter with Peterson #2.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

They're better off without Benson, but the timing kinda sucks. You want Forte to think he has to work for the job. Benson's departure was inevitable anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                As they've just cut Cedric Benson, they're now down to what, Garrett Wolfe, Adrian Peterson, and Matt Forte?

Am I the only one who's convinced they'll sign either Travis Henry, Shaun Alexander, or Kevin Jones? At least one of them?
                Yes
                Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Yeah, I don't see what's wrong with Matt Forte. They spent a second (Thank you regoob2) round pick on him and he's at a position where he can make an impact as a rookie.
                  Last edited by PuppyPuncher; 06-10-2008, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                    Yeah, I don't see what's wrong with Matt Forte. They spent a first round pick on him and he's at a position where he can make an impact as a rookie.
                    2nd round pick #44.
                    Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

They might as well see what they have in forte before they invest money in wqashed up old talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        Who gives a ****? This team isn't going to the playoffs. To help explain I have my friend Mr. Mora

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDjG9XlsHqQ&feature=related
                        Neither are the Bucs I agree though whats so wrong with Forte and Peterson? I love how people freakout whenever their starting skill positions are first round picks.

Comment

I guess Kevin Jones wants to hear from the Bears.
                          Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Go with Forte. I'm so sick of teams signing old RBs expecting them to get the same YPC as when they were 5 years younger and running behind a much classier o-line.

Failing that just throw screens to Hester all day.

Comment

I think a guy like Kevin Jones would be good to sign because he's a low risk high reward back because he has injury problem but he was a first rounder back in 2004 and showed potential.

Alexander would bring a veteran presence to the skill positions. He could teach Matt Forte his ways. He could also spark his career there, but that's a long shot.

Travis Henry, no. Haha, no.

If I were the Bears, I'd sign Jones.

Comment

Working...
                              X