X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter's San Diego Preview

Very in depth, but well written.

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2008sd.php

SD struggled at the beginning of the year so it is possible they have a dismal 9-7 season, but I highly doubt it.

Rumors are that Rivers is FAR ahead of schedule. He's a tough kid I expect this offense to be phenomenal next season.

Worst case scenario imo is 10-6, with best case scenario of 14-2.

The thing I don't get Walter, is you dish out all sorts of praise, recognize they play a weak schedule, then project 9-7.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I agree with Matt.

Man it felt scary to write that...
    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      Very in depth, but well written.

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2008sd.php

SD struggled at the beginning of the year so it is possible they have a dismal 9-7 season, but I highly doubt it.

Rumors are that Rivers is FAR ahead of schedule. He's a tough kid I expect this offense to be phenomenal next season.

Worst case scenario imo is 10-6, with best case scenario of 14-2.

The thing I don't get Walter, is you dish out all sorts of praise, recognize they play a weak schedule, then project 9-7.
      The only games I reckon they'll lose next season will be to New England and Pittsburgh. They'll probably lose another game due to a bit of incompetent playcalling. Easily a double figure wins team and will make the play-offs no problem likely as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post

I read the same thing about Rivers, but Donovan McNabb and Carson Palmer reportedly looked ahead of schedule too. Like Jaws once said, it's all mental for players coming off knee injuries. How will they react when they're being rushed for the first time?

In my bottom analysis (right above the projected record), I stated why 9-7. San Diego's three key offensive players coming off injuries. I could see 11-5, 12-4 if the injuries don't bother them, but I think it'll affect them.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I think it's almost impossible to finish 9-7 with that defense. Plus, like you said, they play the Chiefs, Raiders, and Broncos twice and Atlanta. I'd like to see what Carolina can do this year. I think they'll do really well if not win the division.

Comment

Nothing's impossible in the NFL.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Here's what I have for their results:

CHARGERS 17, Panthers 13
              BRONCOS 20, Chargers 6
              CHARGERS 23, Jets 20
              Chargers 20, RAIDERS 17
              Chargers 24, DOLPHINS 20
              Patriots 27, CHARGERS 20
              Bills 13, CHARGERS 10
              Saints 19, Chargers 16
              CHARGERS 13, Chiefs 10
              STEELERS 20, Chargers 10
              Colts 24, CHARGERS 20
              CHARGERS 30, Falcons 10
              CHARGERS 24, Raiders 20
              Chargers 27, CHIEFS 24
              BUCCANEERS 10, Chargers 3
              CHARGERS 27, Broncos 24
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I nearly peed myself laughing when I read "Secondary depth may be an issue if Antoine Cason does not pan out."
                - Also known as Dan.
                - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Why?
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Mostly because I'm an Arizona homer, but I think that Cason was the most NFL ready cornerback in the draft. 4 years as a starter, All-American, Jim Thorpe winner, etc, etc.
                    - Also known as Dan.
                    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh, I like him too, but you never know who's going to pan out and who's going to flop in the NFL. It's really unpredictable, and that's why top 10 guys bust all the time.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I think he's probably going to pan out, because he's in the same group of guys with Antonio Cromartie and Quentin Jammer. Barring injury to either of them, they'll bring Cason and Tribble along slowly, because they can afford to.
                        - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Plus Jim Thorpe award winners usually pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                            Plus Jim Thorpe award winners usually pan out.
                            Not at a consistent rate to be able to bank on. Michael Huff hasn't shown to be anything more than average. Derrick Strait is in the CFL. Roy Williams might get cut by the Cowboys. Jamar Fletcher is buried on the depth chart of Houston. Tyrone Carter is a backup in Pittsburgh.

Only two of the last ten Jim Thorpe winners are NFL studs (Terence Newman, Aaron Ross), and another two are serviceable (Antoine Winfield, Carlos Rodgers). Not a great track record. Additionally, we aren't sure if Ross is going to be an elite player, although he does look like he will be.
                            Last edited by Blazedestin; 06-10-2008, 06:10 PM.
                            - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                              Here's what I have for their results:
                              BRONCOS 20, Chargers 6
                              Even a Bronco fan to death like me doesn't think are defense can hold the Chargers to only 6 points.

Comment

Working...
                              X