Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Big Board (top 32 players for the 2008 NFL Draft)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Big Board (top 32 players for the 2008 NFL Draft)

1. Jake Long, T, Michigan
    Guy is an animal. Good athlete, I hope to see him at the combine. Moves up after Glenn Dorsey has gone M.I.A. vs. Kentucky and Florida.

2. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

3. Andre' Woodson, QB, Kentucky
    Has ice water in his veins. I've never seen a QB more poised than Woodson. He is a leader, showed the ability to make great reads on the defense in that LSU game calling audibles time and time again. The scary thing is, he is still just learning the QB position after mediocre coaching earlier in his career.

4. Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
    Reminds me of Mario Williams and his play backs it up this season. Could very well go #1 overall if St. Louis has the first overall pick.

5. Chris Long, DE, Virginia
    Can play LDE in the 4-3 or DE in the 3-4 so he has versatility. Best quality is his non-stop motor. Knows what it takes to be a great player.

6. Kenny Phillips, S, Miami FL
    Better than LaRon Landry and Sean Taylor coming out, but in this ultra talented draft class he could slip a bit.

7. Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
    Stock goes down a little bit because he didn't do much against Florida or Kentucky. Still a great athlete for the position and he should go in the top 5.

8. Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
    A great fit at the weakside in a Cover 2 defense. All over the field and reminds me of Keith Bullucks.

9. Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
    Throws a great deep ball and he has good poise. But there are concerns about the competition he plays against and if the offensive scheme he plays in makes him look better than he really is.

10. Sam Baker, T, USC
    Great athleticism and technique to play LT in the NFL.

11. Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
    DeSean Jackson showed yesterday why he isn't the best WR in this class. Kelly is more consistent and a more polished WR.

12. Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
    He is now my #1 rated CB and I just feel like he is a little more consistent than Justin King. Has a lot of ability and reminds me of Champ Bailey.

13. Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
    Great triangle numbers and good instincts. Could go much higher than people expect if a team at the top of the draft opts for a RB. One of the more overlooked college football players.

14. Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
    An intriguing prospect, but I want to see him make better decisions with the football and this is why I have Brohm ahead of Ryan.

15. Dan Connor, LB, Penn State
    Very versatile and a sideline to sideline guy. Reminds me of A.J. Hawk.

16. James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State
    A terrific ILB prospect. All he does is make plays and the kid is just tough.

17. Gosder Cherilus, T, Boston College
    All BC does is produce quality offensive lineman. It is a ****ing O-Line machine.

18. Keenan Burton, WR, Kentucky
    Makes big plays and is hurt, barely practices, and still produces on the big stage. Stock up, and once he gets 100% healthy I think he could have the chance to just take over the SEC. Keep in eye on this kid on draft day, some team will fall in love with his intangibles imo.

19. Quentin Groves, DE/OLB, Auburn
    I love watching this kid play, but he is #19 on my BB because he can really only fit the 3-4 scheme at OLB. I think he will be a quality NFL player though.

20. Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
    Has the speed to be a #1 corner in the NFL and plays with great technique.

21. Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
    Very disruptive and athletic, but doesn't hold up well vs. the run.

22. Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
    His injury shouldn't limit him to post season workout. A very good possession WR and red zone target.

23. Antoine Cason, CB, USC
    Did a great job against Vidal Hazelton this week and his stock goes up for performing very well on the big stage.

24. Fred Davis, TE, USC
    Consensus #1 TE now. He needed to show me that he wasn't just an athlete and he has played his way into first round contention by making big catches and showing improved focus on catching the football.

25. Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
    Going unnoticed, and I expect him to make some noise at the Senior Bowl like Amobi Okoye did last year.

26. Eric Young, G, Tennessee
    Has played his way to being my #1 guard. Shows very good mobility, toughness, and athleticism.

27. Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State
    Bowman goes unnoticed in college football because of who he plays for, but not by me. I'm still very high on this kid.

28. Ali Highsmith, OLB, Louisiana State
    I was really impressed with his speed vs. Kentucky and he is a very good tackler.

29. Justin King, CB, Penn State
    I really like King as a prospect, but he hasn't been playing as good as Jenkins or Jenkins so he is lower on my big board than he probably deserves.

30. Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma
    Can play CB or S, and he made big plays time and time again vs. Texas last week and against Mizzou this week.

31. Frank Okam, DT, Texas
    I like his mobility for his size, but he doesn't play up to his talent level sometimes.

32. DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal
    This is what happens when you don't step up. This is what happens when you are overhyped and you aren't a polished WR. He stepped up for one game this season vs. Oregon then he goes invisible the rest of the season. Could drop out of the first round if he keeps his pathetic play up.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 03-11-2009, 02:19 PM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Jackson's QB has been banged up and out
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
      Jackson's QB has been banged up and out
      huh?

Comment

Longshore. Injured.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Doesn't matter. He isn't catching the football. If Jackson is a leader and if the football nation thinks he can be a #1 at the next level then he needs to be able to do it in college. Earlier in the season he was horrendous against a bunch of creampuff defensive backfields and he still couldn't produce.

Calvin Johnson had Reggie Ball. Larry Fitzgerald had a no-name QB also.

Step up or shut up time for DeSean Jackson.

Comment

He isn't getting the ball either.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

He is getting opportunities he just isn't executing.

You have to question Walter, why Tedford isn't throwing the ball to supposively the best WR in college football (by a lot of casual football fans. ) if it is the case.

Comment

Like I said, his QB has been hurt.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Jake Long #1 Overall prospect?

Losing a little love for your boy Sam Baker?

No suprise to me, as i said all along, Jake Long is the top prospect and makes last years guys (Thomas #3 and Brown #5 ) look like Jeff Backus.

And your comment about me having Woodson going over Brohm, Woodson is inching his way there and it still a tight race in my opinion, and the win over LASU this weekend i think gives Woodson the extra step.

But if Atlanta is the first team that needs a QB, i still think they go Brian Brohm over Woodson.

Comment

Woodson to the bears?? I hope so!
                    Check out my new site Today!
                    Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                      Jake Long #1 Overall prospect?

Losing a little love for your boy Sam Baker?
                      Sorry Craig, but I don't stick with the same players in the same positions (all of the same players in your first round mock 4 months ago are still there now in your first round).

Baker didn't have a great game against Stanford or Arizona, and Jake Long has been more consistent the past 2 weeks. I judge players by what they have done on the field.

I still think Baker is a better left tackle prospect than Long, but Long is a much much better right tackle prospect and he can still play LT very well. You obviously don't listen to anything I say.

You are an absolute moron to not have Woodson as the consensus #1 QB. Brian Brohm has never faced a defense one tenth as tough as the one Woodson had to face Saturday (or even last year, and he has to face 5-6 very good defenses every season).

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
                        Woodson to the bears?? I hope so!
                        No chance if the Bears are picking 7th or later in the draft.

Comment

Another blast from the past. :-)

Some good predictions except for the infamous Mr. Woodson :-)
                          NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

^^^^
                            I hate you

And hey, I am not giving up on Woodson

Comment

Originally posted by yem123 View Post
                              Another blast from the past. :-)

Some good predictions except for the infamous Mr. Woodson :-)
                              haha
                              Chicago Bears
                              Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wants: O-line, Tall WR, and a 3 tech.

Comment

Working...
                              X