Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan's Mock Draft (2 Rounds)

#1: Atlanta Falcons - Michael Oher (OT)
    - Sam Baker will not survive as an LT in this league. They'll figure this out pretty fast, and draft Michael Oher, giving them an elite left side by kicking Sam Baker inside.

#2: Kansas City Chiefs - Cullen Harper (QB)
    - Brodie Croyle will be fairly ineffective and will be injured at least once this season. The Chiefs cut their losses early with Cullen Harper. I think this is a bit early for him, but the Chiefs will be willing to reach at this point.

#3: Miami Dolphins - George Selvie (DE/OLB)
    - Jason Taylor is done. Maybe George Selvie can take his place?

#4: Chicago Bears - Chris Wells (RB)
    - The Bears will look to spend another #4 overall pick on a running back. At least this one isn't from Texas. Matt Forte probably can't carry the workload by himself, and Garrett Wolfe and Adrian Peterson are not starting RB's.

#5: San Francisco 49'ers - Michael Crabtree (WR)
    - The 49'ers will take Crabtree, an athletic freak of nature who should break 2,000 yards receiving this year. As a sophomore.

#6: Cincinatti Bengals - Greg Hardy (DE)
    - Hardy should put up a ridiculous number of sacks again in 2008. This should catch the attention of the Bengals, who need as much help up front as they can get. They'll pass over Maualuga to grab Hardy, as they never really filled the loss of Justin Smith in the offseason.

#7: Detroit Lions - Andre Smith (OT)
    - My gut reaction says that this is Jon Kitna's last season as the starting QB. They need a real LT to protect Drew Stanton's blindside.

#8: St. Louis Rams - Rey Maualuga (MLB)
    - The Rams desperately need linebackers, especially after Brandon Chillar walked. Maualuga on the same field as Chris Long? Wow.

#9: Oakland Raiders - Percy Harvin (WR)
    - Raiders <3 speed. Harvin has plenty of it.

#10: New York Jets - James Laurinaitis (MLB)
    - A tremendous leader on the field and in the locker room, the Jets will gladly add him next to David Harris.

#11: Baltimore Ravens - Malcolm Jenkins (CB)
    - Fabian Washington didn't work out in Oakland. He was traded for a 4th round selection, so it's not like the Ravens invested all that much into him. Jenkins is an elite CB and is a great fit here. Samari Rolle and Chris McAllister need successors.

#12: Denver Broncos - Taylor Mays (SS)
    - How old is John Lynch now? I know that he's a Free Safety, but once he leaves, they won't have much at either safety position.

#13: Philadelphia Eagles (From Carolina Panthers) - Brian Cushing (OLB)
    - Philly fans, who's excited about going into 2008 with Stewart Bradley starting at SLB? Even if he turns out alright, Cushing is a stellar player with ridiculous versatility.

#14: Tennessee Titans - Vontae Davis (CB)
    - We know damn well that the Titans won't go WR here. Vontae Davis can be the all-star CB that Pacman Jones was supposed to be when he was drafted. Let's hope that Davis won't get arrested 6 times.

#15: Washington Redskins - Tyson Jackson (DE)
    - The Redskins know their defensive line is aging. They know they need to get more pressure on the QB. Tyson Jackson will be a great fit here.

#16: Houston Texans - Knowshon Moreno (RB)
    - The Texans will wind up with the steal of the first round, as most teams don't have a huge need at RB. Moreno is a great player who can be the thunder to Steve Slaton's lightning.

#17: Buffalo Bills - Alex Mack (C)
    - One of the best center prospects in years, Alex Mack may not be around this late in round 2. We thought they could go after Mike Pollak this season, right?

#18: Philadelphia Eagles - Myron Rolle (SS)
    - Why is Sean Considine starting at safety?

#19: Arizona Cardinals - Ciron Black (OT)
    - Levi Brown is set at Right Tackle. Mike Gandy, on the other hand...

#20: Minnesota Vikings - Sen'Derrick Marks (DT)
    - I can't see Pat Williams playing at an all-pro level into the 2009 season. He'll be 36 entering then.

#21: Seattle Seahawks - Eugene Monroe (OT)
    - The Seahawks need Hasselbeck's successor, but they can wait to take the replacement for Walter Jones here. Eugene Monroe is the reason why Branden Albert played guard. That says a hell of a lot there.

#22: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tim Tebow (QB)
    - Matt McGuire's head will explode here, but this pick is entirely provisional on the notion that Tim Tebow is both capable and willing to play fullback and tight end. We all know Gruden loves QB's, and Tebow has both prestige and versatility. If not, the Bucs would likely grab DJ Moore to land a stud corner across from Aqib Talib, or reach for Brandon LaFell. I think Dexter Jackson fits the speed burner that they wanted to succeed Joey Galloway, so Maclin/Heyward-Bey are out.

#23: Pittsburgh Steelers - Duke Robinson (OG)
    - Duke Robinson is the best interior lineman on the board. The Steelers will have a terrifyingly poor offensive line in 2008.

#24: Cleveland Browns - DJ Moore (CB)
    - One of the few things the Browns failed to do was to secure a replacement for Leigh Bodden. DJ Moore is that man.

#25: Green Bay Packers - Phil Loadholt (OT)
    - Green Bay's current tackles will be around or past the age of regression starting the 2009 season. Lacking any real needs, they can afford to take a tackle here.

#26: New Orleans Saints - William Moore (SS/FS)
    - The New Orleans Saints need upgrades at Strong Safety like Cedric Benson needed his mommy when he was arrested. I'm not kidding. He was apparently crying for his mom while he was being beaten.

#27: Dallas Cowboys - Alex Boone (OT)
    - Flozell Adams is positively ancient, and should not be playing into 2009. He'll definitely be gone in 2010, where Boone can start after learning from one of the best for a year.

#28: Jacksonville Jaguars - Jeremy Maclin (WR)
    - The Jaguars have to be insane to think that Troy Williamson is the speed WR they've been looking for. Despite all their first round busts at WR, the Jags will go for Jeremy Maclin, who has insane speed.

#29: Indianapolis Colts - Marcus Freeman (OLB)
    - They drafted Phillip Wheeler, but they could still use more talent at LB, as they've lost several players to FA over the last few seasons.

#30: New England Patriots - CJ Spiller (RB)
    - Sammy Morris will be 32. So will Kevin Faulk. They need another guy to complement Laurence Maroney in the ground game.

#31: San Diego Chargers - Al Woods (NT)
    - We all know what happens when Jamal Williams is hurt. Just ask Adrian Peterson. Al Woods provides security for the aging nose tackle.

#32: New York Giants - Gerald McRath (OLB)
    - Currently, Gerris Wilkinson is penciled in at weakside linebacker for the Giants. Wilkinson is a fine reserve, but I would like to see the Giants acquire an upgrade. Brian Kehl is a SAM, and Jonathan Goff is a MIKE. Neither are natural fits at WILL like McRath is.

#33: Atlanta Falcons - Darius Hill (TE)
    - When they cut Alge Crumpler, they forgot to get a replacement. Darius Hill is an explosive pass catcher who should provide a valuable safety outlet for Matt Ryan.

#34: Kansas City Chiefs - Herman Johnson (OG)
    - They'll look at Fili Moala here, but he's too small to play NT, while Glenn Dorsey easily has locked up the UT position until his knees implode. Herman Johnson is a titan who the Chiefs will use to anchor the left side of the line, along with Branden Albert.

#35: Miami Dolphins - Brandon Spikes (ILB)
    - I know they need help everywhere, but Reggie Torbor can move outside to Jason Taylor's old slot. Spikes had a ridiculous 131 tackles last season, and the in-state product is exactly the kind of leader that the Dolphins desperately need on defense.

#36: Chicago Bears - Sam Bradford (QB)
    - Bears fans everywhere rejoice. Bradford may be young and inexperienced, but he can't possibly be worse than Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton. Can he?

#37: San Francisco 49'ers - Chase Daniel (QB)
    - A bit of a shocker, the 49'ers will pass up Matt Stafford in order to select Chase Daniel here. Mike Martz's influence is obvious, as he will probably see a lot of Kurt Warner in Chase Daniel, hoping to recreate the Greatest Show on Turf.

#38: Cincinatti Bengals - LeSean McCoy (RB)
    - Kenny Irons may be back, but let's face it. Who cares?

#39: Detroit Lions - Jermaine Gresham (TE)
    - The Lions failed to acquire a TE in the 2008 draft. Maybe they'll fix it here. If Roy Williams is dealt off this year, Darrius Heyward-Bey is an option.

#40: St. Louis Rams - Dallas Reynolds (OT)
    - The Rams still will need help on the offensive line, as the prospects they acquired in 2008 (Roy Schuening and John Greco) are not left tackles. Orlando Pace has maybe one, two more injury-riddled years left in the tank.

#41: Oakland Raiders - Max Unger (OT)
    - It's quite possible that even at 300 pounds, JaMarcus Russell will be sacked to hell and back again. 285 pounds didn't help Jared Lorenzen from being sacked. Unger isn't a left tackle, but he's a solid pass protector who can play anywhere else on the line.

#42: New York Jets - Darrius Heyward-Bey (WR)
    - I have a feeling he's going to bust, but Heyward-Bey is touted as a top 10 prospect by many. The Jets are relatively lacking at receiver beyond Jerricho Cotchery, as Laverneus Coles is aging.

#43: Baltimore Ravens - Darry Beckwith (ILB)
    - Ray Lewis may not be in Baltimore that much longer. Regardless, he's going to be 35 before the 2009 campaign begins. He may want a contract longer than the Ravens are willing to offer a man who is past the age of regression.

#44: Denver Broncos - Fili Moala (DT)
    - Hailed as the #1 prospect by some, Moala is extremely overrated, but wouldn't be a bad mid-second round pick. The Broncos need help up front.

#45: Carolina Panthers - Michael Johnson (DE)
    - A physical freak of nature, Johnson is likely to put up more than the 4.5 sacks that he put up last year as a reserve. I'm wondering why he was benched until now, though. The other DE's were good, but not stellar players.

#46: Tennessee Titans - Vince Oghobaase (DT)
    - When Albert Haynesworth goes down, so do the Titans. Oghobaase is pretty good insurance.

#47: Washington Redskins - Adam Ulatoski (OT)
    - The Redskins' lines are getting old, fast.

#48: Houston Texans - Mike Mickens (CB)
    - Mickens is a solid shut down corner, and although he's a bit of a lightweight, that hasn't stopped Dunta Robinson from being a major factor in their defense.

#49: Buffalo Bills - Brandon Pettigrew (TE)
    - The Bills don't have a lot of holes, but TE is one of them.

#50: Philadelphia Eagles - Vidal Hazleton (WR)
    - He should do better in 2008 considering he played all of last season with torn chest muscles. Ouch. Hazleton is the big WR that the Eagles have needed since TO.

#51: Arizona Cardinals - Arian Foster (RB)
    - Raise your hand if you think Tim Hightower is a good replacement for Edgerrin James.

#52: Minnesota Vikings - Kraig Ubrik (OG)
    - The right side of the Vikings offensive line needs a boost. Ubrik fits the bill and helps Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson put up even more ridiculous numbers.

#53: Seattle Seahawks - Brian Robiskie (WR)
    - Considering Deion Branch will miss most of 2008, and DJ Hackett is gone, the Seahawks will start Bobby Engram and Nate Burleson at WR. Not exactly the most threatening combination. Robiskie provides insurance and depth, considering Engram will be 35 by the 2009 season.

#54: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Greg Middleton (DE)
    - The Bucs will go for BPA and snag Middleton. If he has another year like 2007, he'll be gone way before this.

#55: Pittsburgh Steelers - Trevard Lindley (CB)
    - Even though he's 177 pounds, Lindley has good height and covering skills. He should be Deshea Townsend's eventual replacement.

#56: Cleveland Browns - Brian Orakpo (DE/OLB)
    - Orakpo should have a good combine, and can play 3-4 rush linebacker.

#57: Green Bay Packers - Patrick Chung (SS)
    - Similar to Roy Williams, Atari Bigby makes a lot of neat plays, but is awkward in coverage. Patrick Chung should be an improvement, at least on passing downs.

#58: New Orleans Saints - Anthony Heygood (OLB)
    - The Saints acquired Dan Morgan for this last season, but he decided to quit the game instead. Heygood should be a solid defender for the Saints, although he's still a bit raw.

#59: Dallas Cowboys - Michael Hamlin (SS)
    - Roy Williams is overrated. He could be cut at any time. He's a heavy hitter, but a major liability in coverage.

#60: Jacksonville Jaguars - Derek Pegues (FS)
    - A quick safety, Pegues should be a good fit next to Reggie Nelson.

#61: Indianapolis Colts - Jeremy Jarmon (DE)
    - When Dwight Freeney goes down, so does the pass rush of the Colts.

#62: New England Patriots - Scott McKillop (MLB)
    - Tedy Bruschi will be 36 before the 2009 campaign begins. He might be able to play then, but who really knows?

#63: New England Patriots - Victor Harris (CB)
    - Maybe not the best fit, as Harris' 40 time is a bit slow. However, he's a quality player and should be the additional cornerback they need to replace the loss of Asante Samuel and Randall Gay.

#64: New York Giants - Dace Richardson (OT)
    - Talented, but often injured, Dace Richardson won't be pushed too quickly with the Giants, who are looking for depth along the line.
    Last edited by Blazedestin; 06-13-2008, 02:22 AM.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Never mind.
    Last edited by Blazedestin; 06-13-2008, 02:23 AM.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

lol Bucs selecting Tebow dude you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        lol Bucs selecting Tebow dude you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
        I had it from the last time, too. I was shocked you never said anything then.

As I said, that's entirely, 100&#37; on the presumption that Tebow can and will play TE and FB as well. Should he decide to only play QB, Tampa doesn't even think about it until round 4. As a runner, he is solid and can make an immediate impact. I think at TE, he could be better than Alex Smith is.
        - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Why would the Jets take Laurinaitis with Moreno still on the board? They badly need a running back and Moreno is freakishly talented.

Michael Johnson will not fall to the second round unless he gets seriously injured.

I'm getting sick of explaining that CB and DT are bigger needs for the Redskins but in this draft, it's alright because there isn't a ton of value there at either position.

What exactly do you like about Cullen Harper that puts him in the top 3. He's the seventh quarterback on my draft board.

EDIT: Where do you get some of that **** that makes you think Matt Stafford won't be picked in the first two rounds? I don't even like him and I accept that. Seriously I'll pay good money for those drugs.
          Last edited by MMONTERO; 06-13-2008, 02:34 AM.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
          HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
            I had it from the last time, too. I was shocked you never said anything then.

As I said, that's entirely, 100&#37; on the presumption that Tebow can and will play TE and FB as well. Should he decide to only play QB, Tampa doesn't even think about it until round 4. As a runner, he is solid and can make an immediate impact. I think at TE, he could be better than Alex Smith is.
            Dude your an idiot. Plain and simple. One, Tebow is a good/not great athlete from a TE standpoint. Secondly, we have no ****ing idea if he can catch or block. Third, Tampa has Ben Troupe, John Gilmore, and Jerramy Stevens which provide a very deep set of backup TEs.

Fourth, you have no idea what Gruden looks for in QBs and Tebow is the opposite of that from a precision passer standpoint.

Fifth, you don't draft a "We have no ****ing idea what position this guy will play" in the first round.

Sixth, you don't draft a FB in the first round (and they locked up BJ Askew for a long time last month).

Comment

Fourth, you have no idea what Gruden looks for in QBs and Tebow is the opposite of that from a precision passer standpoint.
              Explain. =|

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                What exactly do you like about Cullen Harper that puts him in the top 3. He's the seventh quarterback on my draft board.

EDIT: Where do you get some of that **** that makes you think Matt Stafford won't be picked in the first two rounds? I don't even like him and I accept that. Seriously I'll pay good money for those drugs.
                (Post was made on June 13, 2007)

"What exactly do you like about Matt Ryan that puts him in the top 3. He's the seventh quarterback on my draft board."

Secondly, Matt Stafford wasn't in the first two rounds of my mock draft either. So come at me about that too if you are going to get on Blaze. He's a junior, and most of the time junior QBs don't come out. Third, Stafford hasn't done **** his entire career.

Comment

Explain. =|
                  Gradkowski. McCown. Garcia. Josh Johnson. Rich Gannon. Gruden likes passers that are highly intelligent and accurate (and can scramble...Tebow can do this, but that's it from a WCO standpoint).

Gruden likes precision passers and he has to because he runs a highly difficult WCO to learn. Add in the spread option Tebow learned in college and it would take him 3-4 seasons just to get the playbook down.

My Tim Tebow scouting report will be released next week.

Comment

(Post was made on June 13, 2007)

"What exactly do you like about Matt Ryan that puts him in the top 3. He's the seventh quarterback on my draft board."

Secondly, Matt Stafford wasn't in the first two rounds of my mock draft either. So come at me about that too if you are going to get on Blaze. He's a junior, and most of the time junior QBs don't come out. Third, Stafford hasn't done **** his entire career.
                    I agree. Like I said I don't like him. But you know some team is going to buy into the hype and take him. It always happens.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I agree. Like I said I don't like him. But you know some team is going to buy into the hype and take him. It always happens.
                      Well it didn't happen with Andre Woodson or Colt Brennan.

Comment

Gradkowski. McCown. Garcia. Josh Johnson. Rich Gannon. Gruden likes passers that are highly intelligent and accurate (and can scramble...Tebow can do this, but that's it from a WCO standpoint).

Gruden likes precision passers and he has to because he runs a highly difficult WCO to learn. Add in the spread option Tebow learned in college and it would take him 3-4 seasons just to get the playbook down.

My Tim Tebow scouting report will be released next week.
                        I think Tebow could get by on his talent alone but if Gruden's preferences include intelligence I agree he probably wouldn't be the pick.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Well it didn't happen with Andre Woodson or Colt Brennan.
                          There are exceptions to everything but I don't see Stafford dropping that far.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Why would the Jets take Laurinaitis with Moreno still on the board? They badly need a running back and Moreno is freakishly talented.

Michael Johnson will not fall to the second round unless he gets seriously injured.

I'm getting sick of explaining that CB and DT are bigger needs for the Redskins but in this draft, it's alright because there isn't a ton of value there at either position.

I had Moreno, but Laurinaitis is higher rated on my boards. Moreno would still be sickening value there, so the Jets are faced with one of the hardest decisions ever. Trust me, Moreno is in the top 10 on my board. I'm not crazy.

My problem with Michael Johnson is that he hasn't been able to crack the starting lineup until now. I know he put up 4 sacks in a rotational role. I'm just wondering why a top 5 prospect didn't grab the starting role by the horns, kick the crap out of Darrell Robertson (Who only posted 6.5 sacks), and then proceeded to get 10+ sacks. If he posts a ridiculous 2008 campaign, my opinion will definitely change.

And I think Stafford will get overdrafted, but meh. I don't think he's anything more than a 3rd rounder.
                            - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Dude your an idiot. Plain and simple. One, Tebow is a good/not great athlete from a TE standpoint. Secondly, we have no ****ing idea if he can catch or block. Third, Tampa has Ben Troupe, John Gilmore, and Jerramy Stevens which provide a very deep set of backup TEs.

Fifth, you don't draft a "We have no ****ing idea what position this guy will play" in the first round.

Sixth, you don't draft a FB in the first round (and they locked up BJ Askew for a long time last month).
                              Ben Troupe and Jerramy Stevens suck, dude. They're deep, but that doesn't mean they're any good. I think Tebow is more athletic than you give him credit for, but agreed, his ability to play TE from a skills standpoint is completely unknown.

And I never said that Gruden would utilize Tebow as a QB, except on maybe the occasional trick play, or if a freak accident takes out every other QB on the roster. I know he's not the type of passer that the Bucs want. That's not why he went there.

My personal thought? I think Tebow's a fairly smart player, and although he probably won't develop into a pocket passer ever (Not his fault, I blame the system he's in.), I think he can develop into a quality TE in the NFL. Am I wrong? Maybe, maybe not.
                              - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Working...
                              X