Most Improved Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Improved Offense

Ok is it just me or is everyone pretty sick of talking about Jared Allen, the geriatric Ravens D and every other defensive topic that has been absolutely beaten to death the past few weeks? Hey, I respect that defense wins championships, but offense sells tickets and gets chicks so let's give puppy and the vikes fans a break and discuss the other side of the ball.

So without further ado let's discuss the most improved offense or the 2008 NFL season. To start with I think that Peyton Manning is going to absolutely rip the NFL apart and bring opposing secondaries to their knees on the way to his 2nd super bowl and 3rd MVP,* and the Colts will reclaim their title as the best offense in the land whether or not Marvin (he's no longer the #1 anyway) is shooting up parking lots. Addai and Ugoh are rising superstars and Gonzo is on his way to being the best slot in the NFL. But the Colts offense can hardly be considered the most improved so for me that honour will certainly have to go to the Carolina Panthers for three simple reasons. 1) a healthy delhomme (worst haircut in the NFL) 2) A great draft especially for their run game 3) they were so ****ing bad last year that there is no way they can't improve

Along with the Panthers I think another team that could easily vastly improve on last years production are the Bills. The Bills are on obvious choice given the potential they showed last season and a very young talented core group of playmakers.

Didn't really consider the Rams and Chargers despite poor offensive outputs (based on YPG for the Chargers) last season since the teams are known to be loaded with talent and simply had anomaly type seasons due to injuries and other mitigating circumstances.

So yeah I'm bore and rambled but let me hear who you guys think will surprise
    Last edited by McNulty; 06-14-2008, 11:19 PM.
    Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
    The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
    THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
    THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Oh yeah I also wanted to mention that an offense I'm most intrigued to see this season is the Raiders. Not sure if they'll put up consistent stats, but I'm pretty stoked to see Russell under center for 16 games, the whole stable of running backs especially D-Mac and how Javon Walker does in this offense.
    The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat

Comment

I'm intrigued to see what the Packers will do with Aaron Rodgers. Can they keep up the success without Favre under center? Is Rodgers legit? This season will tell.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

This is an easy question for me. The Buffalo Bills will have the most improved offense.

Steve Johnson is going to shock a lot of people. Trent Edwards experience was invaluable in his rookie year. James Hardy should be solid.

The Bills are my surprise team, and I've been on their bandwagon for an extremely long time dating back to early February.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
          I'm intrigued to see what the Packers will do with Aaron Rodgers. Can they keep up the success without Favre under center? Is Rodgers legit? This season will tell.
          Personally I have alotta confidence in Rodgers. The guy was a stud in college, had a Brady Quinn situation at the draft where he somehow went from a #1 prospect to falling into the 20's, was always projected as a possible NFL star, really has done nothing to dispel this notion with quality relief work and is entering a perfect situation with a playoff caliber football team and a QB friendly offense that relies heavily on YAC from its solid receiving corps.

Comment

lol yeah.

"Hey I have an idea. Let's all doubt a player that shoulda gone #1 in the 2005 Draft, hasn't done anything really wrong in his NFL career, and is sourrounded by talent."

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              lol yeah.

"Hey I have an idea. Let's all doubt a player that shoulda gone #1 in the 2005 Draft, hasn't done anything really wrong in his NFL career, and is sourrounded by talent."
              Question. Besides a single game against Dallas, what exactly has Rodgers DONE?

All the odds are in his favor. He's been learning the game for several years at the NFL level. Learned under one of the best QB's of our era. Excellent supporting cast. I would bet good money that Rodgers turns out to be a very solid pro.

And I'll go with the Bills on most improved offense. When you're 30th in total yards, 30th in scoring offense, and 30th passing offense, it's not hard to be better. Additionally, Trent Edwards will have the starter position with experience under his belt, and he got two shiny new weapons to play with.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                Question. Besides a single game against Dallas, what exactly has Rodgers DONE?
                That's not a very fair question.

What exactly has Rodgers had the OPPORTUNITY to do? But when he did step in against Dallas he was impressive. He's been pretty good with his preseason snaps.

He was a #1 overall talent in 2005. I thought he was that good. I thought that in most drafts, he has top 10 talent (2005 was very week, SF needed a QB, he shoulda gone #1 over skill positions) in any draft that you look at, much like a Matt Ryan.

Rodgers is a great talent and is surrounded by a boat load of weapons. Green Bay's OL keeps improving. Brandon Jackson has looked great from reports this offseason. Ryan Grant was a beast last year. They drafted Jordy Nelson to add to an already great receiving corps. Drafted Jermichael Finley, along with Doanld Lee they are set at TE.

He has all the toys and he has the talent. But keep doubting him. You doubted Phillip Rivers when Drew Brees left for NO. I know I didn't.

Comment

I'd say the Rams are going to have the most improved offense this year. Getting Pace back will be huge...Jackson was hurt last year and so was Bulger.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                    I'd say the Rams are going to have the most improved offense this year. Getting Pace back will be huge...Jackson was hurt last year and so was Bulger.
                    That's a really good pick. Don't forget about Donnie AVery and Keenan Burton if they can make some kind of a contribution (Burton is more pro ready, Avery has more upside).

The thing is year in year out Orlando Pace has been one of the most valuable players in the NFL.

I mean lets be honest. O-Linemen don't win awards, yet they should.

Pace can't stay healthy. He is the biggest part of that STL offense. I have a hard time seeing him stay healthy for 14-16 games next year.

Comment

The Rams offense just needs to stay healthy which is a tough task given that it relies heavily on 2 battered veterans in Pace and Bulger. On the flip side though they have, for my money, one of the top 3 all-around backs in the NFL in S-Jack and Torry Holt is freakishly durable and consistent. The Rams have annoyed me since their greatest show days, but, seriously, if Holt had a mouth like CJ, was jacked up like T.O. or played in a bigger market or in a more exciting division this guy would be one of the Kings of the League. He is daaamn good

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        That's not a very fair question.

What exactly has Rodgers had the OPPORTUNITY to do? But when he did step in against Dallas he was impressive. He's been pretty good with his preseason snaps.

He was a #1 overall talent in 2005. I thought he was that good. I thought that in most drafts, he has top 10 talent (2005 was very week, SF needed a QB, he shoulda gone #1 over skill positions) in any draft that you look at, much like a Matt Ryan.

Rodgers is a great talent and is surrounded by a boat load of weapons. Green Bay's OL keeps improving. Brandon Jackson has looked great from reports this offseason. Ryan Grant was a beast last year. They drafted Jordy Nelson to add to an already great receiving corps. Drafted Jermichael Finley, along with Doanld Lee they are set at TE.

He has all the toys and he has the talent. But keep doubting him. You doubted Phillip Rivers when Drew Brees left for NO. I know I didn't.

Did you not read my second paragraph?
                        - Also known as Dan.
                        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

No I did read it, but you still brought up the question. I was also posting to all the Rodgers doubters out there as well.

Comment

Off-topic - speaking of Matt Ryan -

Matt Ryan is a douche.

Continue the topic, nothing to see here, carry on.

Most improved offense? Gonna have to jump on the Bills bandwagon - provided Marshawn isn't suspended the season for running over an old lady. If he is, then i'm going to go with Carolina (surprise) or Pitt (i know about the offensive line troubles, but if the line holds up, then that's a solid team).

And re: Rodgers: I feel like he's going to surprise a lot of his haters. He's had three years, under Brett Favre, as a first round pick, to learn the offense and improve his skills.

Comment

Come on. Pittsburgh surprise offense? They have Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, Willie Parker, and now Rashard Mendenhall. That offense will surprise NO ONE.

Comment

Working...
                              X