4. Akili Smith, QB Oregon
    5. Lawrence Phillips, RB Nebraska
    6. Heath Shuler, QB Tennessee
    7. Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis - RBs Penn State
    8. Bruce Pickens, CB Nebraska
    9. Andre Ware, QB Houston
    10. Todd Marinovich, QB USC

http://football.about.com/od/nfldraf...draftbusts.htm

I just googled top ten NFL draft busts and picked the first list that came up. My question is, where does Cedric Benson fit in for you assuming he never plays in the NFL again? If not in the top 10, is he a top 20 bust?

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
    1. Ryan Leaf, QB Washington State
    2. Tony Mandarich, OT Michigan State
    3. Brian Bosworth, LB Oklahoma
    4. Akili Smith, QB Oregon
    5. Lawrence Phillips, RB Nebraska
    6. Heath Shuler, QB Tennessee
    7. Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis - RBs Penn State
    8. Bruce Pickens, CB Nebraska
    9. Andre Ware, QB Houston
    10. Todd Marinovich, QB USC

http://football.about.com/od/nfldraf...draftbusts.htm

I just googled top ten NFL draft busts and picked the first list that came up. My question is, where does Cedric Benson fit in for you assuming he never plays in the NFL again? If not in the top 10, is he a top 20 bust?
    I'd probably put Benson in the top 50.

Also, how the f did Tim Couch not make the top 10...ridiculous. He was a #1 pick. Wasn't Marinovich picked in the teens?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Tony was the #2 overall I though? I don't know though, I didn't follow the draft back then.

Comment

Tony was the #2 overall I though? I don't know though, I didn't follow the draft back then.
        Well it's not all about just where you went in the draft.

Mandarich was billed as the best OL prospect EVER. There was a huge consensus here.

Now we know Pace was the most legit OL prospect ever (closest arguably is Munoz #3 overall and Jon Ogden).

A big part why I didn't give Jake Long the elite 5 star grade, is because of Mandarich. I see a lot of similarties there. I think Jake Long will be a solid LT, but never live up to #1 overall in his career.

Mandarich proved athleticism is necessary to play LT, even in the early 90s. Now the game is faster, and that footwork and flexibility is even more necessary.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Charles Rogers should be in the top ten as well in my opinion.

He was hailed as the next Randy Moss and was never anything after he borke his collarbone his rookie season.

Looked like the Lions found something special when he had something like 5 TD's through 4 games, was their leading reciever in both receptions and yards his rookie year. But after two consecutive IR's due to broken collarbones and 2 positive drug tests (1 at the combine) he never was a factor again.

Comment

Top 50 draft busts anyone? That'd be a good read. These sort of lists seem out dated.

Comment

Top 50 draft busts anyone? That'd be a good read. These sort of lists seem out dated.
              That list would include tons of NY Jets. Matt can link the video for you. Johnny "Lam" Jones anyone?
              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I think ESPN or someone should do a long show about Ryan Leaf. That really interests me. top draft bust of any sport? possibly

Comment

They did a special on him when the Colts won the Superbowl. It was pretty interesting.

Comment

Yeah that makes sense. Peyton Manning was picked 1 pick before him. how ironic. and the chargers gave up SO much to get him

Comment

I don't think so. He was the 4th overall pick in a weak class. Top 50, maybe. But this is assuming he never plays again. He could revive his career somewhere else this year or next.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                        I don't think so. He was the 4th overall pick in a weak class. Top 50, maybe. But this is assuming he never plays again. He could revive his career somewhere else this year or next.
                        What? Name a team who's going to draft a guy who got arrested for the same thing twice in a 5 week span. Maybe the Bengals if they decide to bring in an entirely new stable of miscreants and criminals, but that's it.
                        - Also known as Dan.
                        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I think the Bengals learned their lesson

Comment

I think the Bengals running back situation is bad enough to justify it. I honestly think he could land elsewhere but it would definitely be his last chance.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                            HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                              What? Name a team who's going to draft a guy who got arrested for the same thing twice in a 5 week span. Maybe the Bengals if they decide to bring in an entirely new stable of miscreants and criminals, but that's it.
                              Name a team who is going to trade for a player who has 16 arrests to his record?

Answer: Dallas Cowboys- Pacman Jones.

Comment

Working...
                              X