• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Haefner's The Fall From Grace

http://walterfootball.com/gregfallgrace.php

Found this article very amusing.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Greg, feel free to commend NFL players that are truly great citizens of this country and represent this leauge well.

Bill Parcells said 3% of this league gets in trouble with the law. But I just feel like we focus way too much on this 3% rather than the 97%
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Football is entertainment. Talking about the three percent is entertainment.

People are expected to be good, especially when they're paid millions to be role models. These idiots just threw it all away.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

During Super Bowl XIII, Henderson was caught doing cocaine on the sideline. Seriously?
        Woah, I never heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
          Football is entertainment. Talking about the three percent is entertainment.

People are expected to be good, especially when they're paid millions to be role models. These idiots just threw it all away.
          So you expect 100% of the NFL to be boy scouts? This is natural. These people are human...3% of idiocy in the NFL is pretty damn good.

Comment

I don't know. I guess it is just me tired of reading about the past.

Comment

No Maurice Clarett or Lawrence Taylor? All in all I liked it though. Hollywood was a very interesting story.

Comment

But even Henley is now running his own Web site from prison to reach out to the world and let them know his story.
                I'd love to see that link if you have it Greg.

Comment

"Hollywood" Henderson was a Class A chump who was never able to back up his trash talk with actual play on the field.

He famously taunted Terry Bradshaw before the Super Bowl, saying Brad was too dumb to spell CAT if you spotted him the C and the T.

Fact is, I can't remember how many times Henderson's Cowboys actually beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Oh, that's right.

sigpic

------------------------------------------------
                  Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                    I'd love to see that link if you have it Greg.
                    http://darrylhenley.com

There you go my man.
                    Originally posted by bills_red
                    I'll bet my left nut you insulted 80% of the people here.
                    sigpic
                    Chad Nkang, #251 overall, 2007 NFL draft, Elon University

Comment

And just for good measure, in case anyone thought I was making up the whole thing about Hollywood Henderson doing cocaine on the sideline in Super Bowl XIII, here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...ge=hill/070201

"Before Robinson, there was Cowboys linebacker Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson, who admitted to sniffing cocaine right before the kickoff of Super Bowl XIII at the Orange Bowl in 1979."
                      sigpic

Comment

And Matt I agree with you that we don't focus enough on the 97% of athletes who are good guys.

It just seems amazing to me how even 3% of these guys throw away golden opportunities that are handed to them, you know?
                        sigpic

Comment

What about Pac-Man?

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
                            What about Pac-Man?
                            Pacman hasn't actually been convicted of anything. Like I said at the beginning of the article, only people convicted of crimes are on the list.

OJ and Pacman are excluded for those reasons.

Pacman has been arrested several times, but never convicted of anything.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_Haefner View Post
                              And Matt I agree with you that we don't focus enough on the 97% of athletes who are good guys.

It just seems amazing to me how even 3% of these guys throw away golden opportunities that are handed to them, you know?
                              Well I think it is unfair to regulate that just to athletes. Normal people do this kind of stuff all the time for various reasons and throw away great opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                              X