X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFC North Preview

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondth...ticle=20080617

Great read.

Before reading: Is it a great article mostly because they felliate the Vikings the entire time?
    After reading: Yep. They basically took the collective *****es of the Vikings in their mouths. The defense is not the best in the league by any stretch of the imagination, and even hinting at that prospect is hilarious. They also basically said that Rodgers is a liability at quarterback, which is also a joke.
    Last edited by Blazedestin; 06-22-2008, 01:48 AM.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

The Lions will be lucky to win six games. The Vikings will need to have a sexual affair with God and then blackmail him with it in order to win 11 games.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
        Before reading: Is it a great article mostly because they felliate the Vikings the entire time?
        After reading: Yep. They basically took the collective *****es of the Vikings in their mouths. The defense is not the best in the league by any stretch of the imagination, and even hinting at that prospect is hilarious. They also basically said that Rodgers is a liability at quarterback, which is also a joke.
        Thanks Dan, now I don't have to read the article.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
          Thanks Dan, now I don't have to read the article.
          I second this, thank you.

Comment

Horrible article, probably another Vikes Homer thinking that they have the Best defense in The NFL or that Travaris Jackson can take them to a Super Bowl

Comment

I don't like these articles because they only go for the obvious. Their playoff picture is basically every single playoff team from last year, but with the Browns and Vikings sprinkled in.

Comment

Originally posted by ILikePizza View Post
                Horrible article, probably another Vikes Homer thinking that they have the Best defense in The NFL or that Travaris Jackson can take them to a Super Bowl
                Actually, it's both. And a 14-2 record.
                - Also known as Dan.
                - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Of course that article is blocked at work... The more I read about the Vikings the more people are falling in love with them this year
                  Check out my new site Today!
                  Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                    I don't like these articles because they only go for the obvious. Their playoff picture is basically every single playoff team from last year, but with the Browns and Vikings sprinkled in.
                    Well is that surprising?? Only 8 teams make the playoffs and teams like the Colts, Pats and Seahawks have had their divisions on lock down for years and you can't blame anyone for betting against heavy favorites in the Cowboys, Chargers and Packers so where does this leave wiggle room. You'd rather some guy went against his judgement and actual predictions to appease people who want to believe in upsets and underdogs? I'd rather writers told me what they thought rather than what they think I want to hear.

As for people falling in love with the Vikes...Is that surprising either? They have a team built around the tried, trusted and true cliche of a team that can run the ball and stop the run effectively will win games and championships. The Vikings stop the run better than anyone in the league (debatable) and when A.D is healthy they run the ball better than anyone in the league (not debatable). They are following a similar formula as the Bears a couple years back who relied on a stout defense and 2 back system in a weak NFC to march to the Super Bowl. I don't even want to hear another Tavaris Jackson debate, yeah okay the guy has sucked absolute balls, he was thrown in about 2 or 3 seasons before he should have been, but if he truly blows it in the first quarter of the season then they will turn the keys over to game-managers Bollinger or Booty. I'm by no means a Vikes fan, but it's not that hard to see why Vikes are popular pick to emerge out of the NFC. Player for player they are probably not even in the top 5 in the conference, but Peterson-Taylor and a good D can win games, especially playoff games.
                    Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
                    The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
                    THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
                    THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

Originally posted by the shock doctor View Post
                      Well is that surprising?? Only 8 teams make the playoffs and teams like the Colts, Pats and Seahawks have had their divisions on lock down for years and you can't blame anyone for betting against heavy favorites in the Cowboys, Chargers and Packers so where does this leave wiggle room. You'd rather some guy went against his judgement and actual predictions to appease people who want to believe in upsets and underdogs? I'd rather writers told me what they thought rather than what they think I want to hear.

As for people falling in love with the Vikes...Is that surprising either? They have a team built around the tried, trusted and true cliche of a team that can run the ball and stop the run effectively will win games and championships. The Vikings stop the run better than anyone in the league (debatable) and when A.D is healthy they run the ball better than anyone in the league (not debatable). They are following a similar formula as the Bears a couple years back who relied on a stout defense and 2 back system in a weak NFC to march to the Super Bowl. I don't even want to hear another Tavaris Jackson debate, yeah okay the guy has sucked absolute balls, he was thrown in about 2 or 3 seasons before he should have been, but if he truly blows it in the first quarter of the season then they will turn the keys over to game-managers Bollinger or Booty. I'm by no means a Vikes fan, but it's not that hard to see why Vikes are popular pick to emerge out of the NFC. Player for player they are probably not even in the top 5 in the conference, but Peterson-Taylor and a good D can win games, especially playoff games.
                      12 teams make the playoffs. 12 teams. If a writer tells me that the teams that will make the playoffs this year are the teams that made it last year, I say that writer is an idiot who doesn't do any research. It's usually 6 new teams in the next year. To make matters worse this is a bull**** simulation. The whole premise of the article is to give an accurate simulation and they're doing a pretty ****ty job.

I don't believe in the Vikings because their defense is overrated right now, and either people are going to put 9 in the box (49ers, Redskins) with no negative repercussions or AD is going to get hurt. In that case, they are truly ****ed.

Comment

haha my bad about the number teams, been watching too much MLB. 3 divs and WC. So yeah i actually see what you're saying 2 changes out of 12 is playing it a bit safe

the Vikes at this point are indeed overrated, but there are still a lot of other teams involved in the play-off picture who have more questions on defense.
                        Last edited by McNulty; 06-24-2008, 01:25 PM.
                        Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
                        The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
                        THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
                        THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

The Vikings have Travaris Jackson at QB which cancels out a great defense.

Comment

The 2008 Vikings defense is the best in the NFL, bar none. You can argue against that point until you're blue in the face, and I'm sure a couple of you (Blaze/Puppy) will try. However there is no escaping the fact that 3 of their linemen are the absolute best in the NFL at their respective positions, in Kevin Williams, Pat Williams and Jared Allen. They also boast Pro-bowlers all throughout the secondary, and they have an outstanding linebacker corps. This Vikings defense is the scariest defense in the league right now.

That said, I don't agree that the Vikings will win the Super Bowl this year. You don't win a Super Bowl when you have the worst QB in the NFL (Tarvaris Jackson) starting for your team. He alone will keep the team from being successfull this year... and by success I don't mean just making the playoffs (with this team anybody could play QB for them and take them to the playoffs), no, success for the Vikings this year equates to nothing less than a Super Bowl appearance, and if they fail to get there... all blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the horrible draft mistake that is Tarvaris Jackson.

Also, the Vikings screwed themselves picking up Gus Ferrotte because he's never played in a WCO. Without Ferrotte, they had a decent backup QB in Brooks Bollinger. So, if by some chance they got lucky and Tarvaris Jackson went down with a season ending injury... they would have actually been in better shape than with him in there. However, with Ferrote signed, and the addition of John Booty in the draft, Bollinger has very little chance of making the final roster, so all hope lies with Tarvaris Jackson. Which means that unless a miracle happens that makes Jackson suddenly into a competent NFL QB, the Vikings have next to no chance of making the big game.

$0.02,

--Z
                            sigpic
                            WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                            PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                            NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                            Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                            Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                            MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                            PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                            Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                            Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                            ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                            Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                            TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                            InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                            Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                            EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                            EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                            Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                            BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                            Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

ryan grant ran for over 130 yards against them. they're not invincible.

all-day had only like 50 yards before they hurt him late in the game. their running game is not godsent. peterson is phenomenal, but not godsent, at least not yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X