Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolina Panthers Preview

Some problems I have with this.

Why was he playing left defensive end so often?
    because mike rucker has always been the right defensive end since he came into the league. this is the first time peppers will be playing the RDE.

Nickel Richard Marshall, entering his third year in the league, outplayed both guys in front of him, especially Gamble.
    actually gamble was easily our best corner last year. he was shutting a lot of receivers down despite the piss poor pass rush. lucas was probably our worst but he still played pretty well despite the circumstances.

it was conventional belief that they would start him at middle linebacker and move Jon Beason to the weakside position.
    this was never going to happen. why would you move beason from the position where he was so successful? he was right up there with willis and harris last year as most impressive rookie LB's.

with former Bengal Landon Johnson outside.
    i understand that right now nail diggs will be starting with him, johnson and connor fighting out for the start in training camp.

Robinson will once again take back punts and kickoffs.
    jonathan stewart will handle kickoffs

Jonathan Stewart will get the majority of carries and catches in Carolina's offense this season.
    fox has said the carries will be split evenly. thunder and lightening type rushing attack.

How quickly can Charles Godfrey transition to the NFL?
    incidentally coaches have been impressed with godfrey. so much so that they've been comparing him to a 3 year vet and even steve smith has complimented him (this is a big deal lol)

pretty good job overall, although i would give a higher star rating to our secondary. it's our defense's strength imo.

Originally posted by xooberon View Post
    Some problems I have with this.

incidentally coaches have been impressed with godfrey. so much so that they've been comparing him to a 3 year vet and even steve smith has complimented him (this is a big deal lol)
    Give me a break man. We talkin about practice.

Once again. This doesn't mean ANYTHING if he doesn't play well in games.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      Give me a break man. We talkin about practice.

Once again. This doesn't mean ANYTHING if he doesn't play well in games.
      very well. i then expect to see on every teams season preview:

how quickly can 'insert rookie' transition to the nfl?

Comment

Exactly. I can talk about how great Aqib Talib has looked in practice but it doesn't mean anything unless he looks good in the preseason games.

Comment

I love the Panthers. I think they'll be the surprise team of the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
            I love the Panthers. I think they'll be the surprise team of the NFL.
            lol. I think Tampa has something to say about that. Our defense will dominate them. Our offense can only get better and their defense has a flurry of question marks and they lost Kris Jenkins.

Walter's preview is spot on, though I'm expecting a 6-10 season out of Carolina this year.

Comment

lol. I think Tampa has something to say about that.
              how can tampa be a suprise? they won the NFC South last season

Comment

Originally posted by xooberon View Post
                how can tampa be a suprise? they won the NFC South last season
                Because no one ever talks about us and we are never picked to win the division among the consensus because we don't have an elite offense.

Comment

lol. I think Tampa has something to say about that. Our defense will dominate them. Our offense can only get better and their defense has a flurry of question marks and they lost Kris Jenkins.

Walter's preview is spot on, though I'm expecting a 6-10 season out of Carolina this year.
                  I don't know about that. Tampa has a very good team, but you're talking Tampa up while neglecting the Panthers. Steve Smith can handle Ronde Barber. The combo of Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Willams can wear out Tampa's front. Carolina's 5 OL, if they can find a RG, is one of the best in the NFL.

Tampa's offense can't "only get better with an ancient QB, WR, and a very talented but injury prone.

On the other hand Tampa's defense can turn scary this year: Adams, Ruud, and Jackson. I love Joseph, Faine, and Sears in the middle.

Comment

Steve Smith can handle Ronde Barber...oh ya I forgot dumbass we play zone coverage.

The question is, can the Panthers LT (whether it is Gross or Otah) handle Gaines Adams? That's the more important matchup.

Also, I love what Tampa has in the secondary that can also neutralize the Carolina passing game with Phillips and T-Jack.

Hopefully Talib is starting by mid season. Phillp Buchanon is horrible. Talib or Eugene Wilson need to step up in training camp.

Tampa should have no problem at all blocking Carolina next year.

Wouldn't be shocked if the Bucs swept the Panthers next year. We played our junior varsity team versus them last year and they still barely beat us.

Comment

I have the Bucs sweeping the Panthers...

But I'll be very shocked if Jonathan Stewart doesn't get most of the carries. You don't draft a RB No. 13 overall when you spent a first-rounder on one two years ago to share carries. DeAngelo Williams couldn't even get half the carries with DeShaun Foster.

If Stewart gets all of the carries, he won't be returning kicks.

As for Peppers not moving to right end sooner, I was just surprised they didn't do that because of how ineffective Mike Rucker was last year.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        But I'll be very shocked if Jonathan Stewart doesn't get most of the carries. You don't draft a RB No. 13 overall when you spent a first-rounder on one two years ago to share carries. DeAngelo Williams couldn't even get half the carries with DeShaun Foster.
                        we're running a two back system. deangelo williams was drafted to compliment deshaun foster in a two back system. but when it became clear that foster could not perform the stephen davis role (power back) we drafted stewart. it's a two back system where no one back will get a clear majority of carries.

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        If Stewart gets all of the carries, he won't be returning kicks.
                        again, fox has said that stewart is the favourite to be the kick returner. and he won't get all the carries.

oh and as for the bucs, i think we match up rather well but we'll probably split the games.

Comment

I'm with xooboron on this one. Carolina's running game will be hard to atop though there is a lack of expierence. That'll take pressure off of Delhomme. As forctge defense, they'll do well. The secondary is very solid and I can see Gamble move over to FS or Charles Godfrey exceling. The LBing core will be unstoppable once Beason moves over to WLB and Conner moves into the middle.

As for Peppers: Do not doubt the best defensive end the NFL. He is a force and will prove doubters wrong this season.

Comment

I'm with xooboron on this one. Carolina's running game will be hard to atop though there is a lack of expierence. That'll take pressure off of Delhomme. As forctge defense, they'll do well. The secondary is very solid and I can see Gamble move over to FS or Charles Godfrey exceling. The LBing core will be unstoppable once Beason moves over to WLB and Conner moves into the middle.

As for Peppers: Do not doubt the best defensive end the NFL. He is a force and will prove doubters wrong this season.
                            Peppers is great but he could use some help on that DL with Rucker sucking balls and Jenkins going to New York.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                            HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Why would you move Jon Beason outside, when he dominated inside and replace him with someone as sluggish as Dan Connor? Just keep Beason inside and let the other LBs fight for the other two spots?

Comment

Working...
                              X