Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter
    replied
    I can't disagree more with the Stewart-Williams rotation thing.

DeAngelo Williams was drafted because DeShaun Foster always got hurt. Yet, Foster out-carried Williams last year, 247-144.

That gap is going to be even wider now that Carolina spent the No. 13 pick in the draft on a running back. I see Stewart getting about 300 carries, with Williams close to 100.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    As for Peppers: Do not doubt the best defensive end the NFL. He is a force and will prove doubters wrong this season.
    I don't doubt that he's the most talented, but he isn't the best DE in football by any means. You have to produce to be the best. You can't take every other play off and do whatever you feel like.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Originally posted by xooberon View Post
    oh wow you've convinced me...
    I really don't care.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    I forgot about Williams. He's my 1b as my lineup in the best position thread.

Leave a comment:

• xooberon
    replied
    Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
    Well everybody has there opinion. That's mine.
    oh wow you've convinced me...

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Kid Wonder...seriously.

Jared Allen is the best DE in the NFL...it is him or Mario Williams. Peppers used to be the best but many thought he was overrated and he didn't make those critics doubt themselves at all last year.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Originally posted by xooberon View Post
    even though i'm a panther fan i've gotta disagree with this. i mean if you looked at the stats then yes peppers (before the 07 season) could be considered a consistently dominant player because of his ability to notch 10+ sack seasons. however he has always had a very inconsistent motor and mediocre passrushing technique. he would always get his sacks in patches and would get by mostly on his sheer physical ability. but when he's on, like the first half of the 06 season, he is an unstoppable force.

apparently the problem last year was he had some sort of illness and the meds he took severely affected his game. (there were a few games i saw where peppers was on the sidelines looking out of breath even early on in the game and was taking an inhaler i think)

word is that he's fully recovered from this and has looked very sharp in OTA's, but as matt said this isn't much to go on. if he can come back to even half of what he was at the start of the 06 season, our defense will be greatly improved
    Well everybody has there opinion. That's mine.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
    Why would you move Jon Beason outside, when he dominated inside and replace him with someone as sluggish as Dan Connor? Just keep Beason inside and let the other LBs fight for the other two spots?
    Because Beason could very well excel at WLB and Dan Cinner will be a stuf at MLB. It's like getting two great players in one move. If it fails then just switch them back. They drafted Conner for a reason. Let's just hope it's not D.J. Williams all over again.

Leave a comment:

• xooberon
    replied
    As for Peppers: Do not doubt the best defensive end the NFL. He is a force and will prove doubters wrong this season.
    even though i'm a panther fan i've gotta disagree with this. i mean if you looked at the stats then yes peppers (before the 07 season) could be considered a consistently dominant player because of his ability to notch 10+ sack seasons. however he has always had a very inconsistent motor and mediocre passrushing technique. he would always get his sacks in patches and would get by mostly on his sheer physical ability. but when he's on, like the first half of the 06 season, he is an unstoppable force.

apparently the problem last year was he had some sort of illness and the meds he took severely affected his game. (there were a few games i saw where peppers was on the sidelines looking out of breath even early on in the game and was taking an inhaler i think)

word is that he's fully recovered from this and has looked very sharp in OTA's, but as matt said this isn't much to go on. if he can come back to even half of what he was at the start of the 06 season, our defense will be greatly improved

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    I'm with xooboron on this one. Carolina's running game will be hard to atop though there is a lack of expierence. That'll take pressure off of Delhomme. As forctge defense, they'll do well. The secondary is very solid and I can see Gamble move over to FS or Charles Godfrey exceling. The LBing core will be unstoppable once Beason moves over to WLB and Conner moves into the middle.

Why would you move Jon Beason outside, when he dominated inside and replace him with someone as sluggish as Dan Connor? Just keep Beason inside and let the other LBs fight for the other two spots?

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    I'm with xooboron on this one. Carolina's running game will be hard to atop though there is a lack of expierence. That'll take pressure off of Delhomme. As forctge defense, they'll do well. The secondary is very solid and I can see Gamble move over to FS or Charles Godfrey exceling. The LBing core will be unstoppable once Beason moves over to WLB and Conner moves into the middle.

Peppers is great but he could use some help on that DL with Rucker sucking balls and Jenkins going to New York.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xooberon
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    But I'll be very shocked if Jonathan Stewart doesn't get most of the carries. You don't draft a RB No. 13 overall when you spent a first-rounder on one two years ago to share carries. DeAngelo Williams couldn't even get half the carries with DeShaun Foster.
    we're running a two back system. deangelo williams was drafted to compliment deshaun foster in a two back system. but when it became clear that foster could not perform the stephen davis role (power back) we drafted stewart. it's a two back system where no one back will get a clear majority of carries.

Originally posted by Walter View Post
    If Stewart gets all of the carries, he won't be returning kicks.
    again, fox has said that stewart is the favourite to be the kick returner. and he won't get all the carries.

oh and as for the bucs, i think we match up rather well but we'll probably split the games.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    I have the Bucs sweeping the Panthers...

But I'll be very shocked if Jonathan Stewart doesn't get most of the carries. You don't draft a RB No. 13 overall when you spent a first-rounder on one two years ago to share carries. DeAngelo Williams couldn't even get half the carries with DeShaun Foster.

If Stewart gets all of the carries, he won't be returning kicks.

As for Peppers not moving to right end sooner, I was just surprised they didn't do that because of how ineffective Mike Rucker was last year.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Steve Smith can handle Ronde Barber...oh ya I forgot dumbass we play zone coverage.

The question is, can the Panthers LT (whether it is Gross or Otah) handle Gaines Adams? That's the more important matchup.

Also, I love what Tampa has in the secondary that can also neutralize the Carolina passing game with Phillips and T-Jack.

Hopefully Talib is starting by mid season. Phillp Buchanon is horrible. Talib or Eugene Wilson need to step up in training camp.

Tampa should have no problem at all blocking Carolina next year.

Wouldn't be shocked if the Bucs swept the Panthers next year. We played our junior varsity team versus them last year and they still barely beat us.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X