Ben Olson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Olson

Is there anyone here with a finger on the pulse of the UCLA Bruins?

Is Olson going to start? Or Kraft? I would love to see Olson start and succeed. He was once the top HS QB prospect in the nation and still possesses great size and physical tools so I was just wondering if there is any chance of him having a big year and suddenly emerging onto the draft scene. It's a shame to see all these top QB prospects falling by the wayside (Kyle Wright, Morelli, Olson etc.)
    Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
    The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
    THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
    THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

'Ruin coaches had such faith in B.O. that they named Pat Cowan as the starter this year.

Then Cowan tore his ACL and is done at UCLA, elevating B.O. back to the starter's job, which he held for a whopping 10 minutes before breaking his foot in the very same practice.

B.O. could go down in history as one of the most injury-prone players in the history of CFB.

Which can't necessarily be held against him. His terrible play on the field, however, CAN.
    sigpic

------------------------------------------------
    Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Additionally, the dude's 25 right now. Colt Brennan shattered NCAA records left and right, and his age hurt his draft stock quite a bit. Not as much as his attitude and throwing motion, but it was one of the reasons he fell.
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

that's a shame
        Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
        The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
        THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
        THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

Tell me this isn't the most unfortunate string of headlines to ever follow one player:

Wednesday, August 31, 2005
          Ben Olson's bruise revealed to be a break
          By ROBERT KUWADA
          The Orange County Register

LOS ANGELES – An MRI of UCLA quarterback Ben Olson's left hand Tuesday revealed a small fracture between the thumb and index finger, an injury he suffered eight days ago when he smacked it against the helmet of a lineman when throwing a pass.

UCLA QB Olson out 4-6 weeks with torn MCL
          Associated Press
          October 9, 2006, 9:02 PM ET

LOS ANGELES -- Ben Olson waited nearly five years to become a starting college quarterback. Now, the 23-year-old UCLA sophomore will miss the toughest portion of the Bruins' schedule because of a knee injury.

Olson to have surgery on left knee after partial ligament tear
          Associated Press
          October 8, 2007, 11:30 PM ET

LOS ANGELES -- UCLA quarterback Ben Olson will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Tuesday to check for a possible cartilage tear. The school announced late Monday that Olson, injured in the first quarter of UCLA's 20-6 loss to Notre Dame last weekend, has a partial tear of the lateral collateral ligament in his knee.
          And the mindlessly optimistic, jumping the gun award in journalism goes to:

Injury woes could be behind Olson: Redshirt junior returns to practice after weeks away, but Rasshan will get to start on Saturday
          Daily Bruin, Sam Allen, Sports editor
          Published: Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Injuries, surgery jumble quarterbacks
          LA Times, Sam Allen, Sports editor
          Published: Wednesday, May 7, 2008

UCLA quarterback Ben Olson underwent surgery Tuesday to repair a fracture in the fifth metatarsal of his right foot. The operation consisted of inserting a screw into Olson’s foot to help it heal from an injury he suffered in the Bruins’ second-to-last practice of the spring on April 24.
          As everyone knows, I am a Trojan for Life, and it goes against my DNA to feel sympathy towards anyone in baby blue.

But you just can't help but feel sorry for B.O. and his snake-bit career.

A little friendly advice: If you're ever hanging out with B.O., and thunder clouds begin to form in the sky overhead....move away from him quickly!
          sigpic

------------------------------------------------
          Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Ben Olson? Man. I've been calling him Benji for two years. Man. Sorry Ben!
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
              Ben Olson? Man. I've been calling him Benji for two years. Man. Sorry Ben!
              Benji Olson was a Titans' offensive lineman who is now retired. He was alright too.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
              HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Working...
              X