X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
    I have no problems with Dwight Freeney, a lot of people forget that he gets double-teamed every play. He still left his mark in 2008 though.
    Freeney is most certainly not double teamed every play. Maybe back in 05, but he hasn't been since. Teams really can't afford it with Mathis on the other side.

Leave a comment:

• Eagles4Life
    replied
    Haha, no Tony Romo.

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
    LaRon had more tackles and NO interceptions. Tanard had less tackles but more INTs.
    That's because the SS in Williams' defense is mostly a blitzing player. He was moved to FS two weeks after Sean Taylor died when they realized he would be a better free safety and Doughty would be a better strong safety. He recorded 2 INTs in the playoff game against Seattle.

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    I have no problems with Dwight Freeney, a lot of people forget that he gets double-teamed every play. He still left his mark in 2008 though.

MMontero's (God that's an annoying name to type) video was way better. It even had my favorite hit, the one where he laid out Plaxico Burress across the sidelines.

And Bulldog, he may have the versatility to play CB, but that doesn't mean he would excel at it. It still doesn't make up for the insane amount of field that LaRon Landry can cover and his brother is Dawan Landry so that has to account for something.

Leave a comment:

• EL Guapo
    replied
    Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
    Joe Thomas? This list isn't terrible, but it isn't great. Thomas didn't even get an honarable mention in the snubbs.

Dwight Freeney shouldn't be in the top 25 or on the list probably.

Charles Woodson is not better than Al Harris. Al Harris is matched up against the #1 WR and Woodson against the #2, so of course Woodson is going to look better, but Harris is. Still, neither one of them would be up there for me.

The fact that there is TE's on the list and only 2 other offensive lineman raises an eyebrow.
    I agree, Freeney and Woodson are the ones that stand out for me. Fred Taylor is also there. I would put Polamalu over him or even Gore or Larry Johnson but I guess last year hurts them.

Leave a comment:

• bulldog0123
    replied
    Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
    WHAT?

Tanard Jackson is a great safety but he's quite a bit away from LaRon Landry. Especially a LaRon Landry at the FS position. LaRon can simply has more range when it comes to covering this field.

Asante Samuel, proves this list is bogus. I don't care how many backup QBs he picks off, he's like 2nd or 3rd on my list for most overrated players in the NFL.
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    He's quite a bit aways from Landry? Jackson is a more aware defender and hits harder. Both are extremely good, both are top 4 in the NFL free safetys.
    And Tanard Jackson played CB in college so he has the versitility to play FS, SS, and CB. If only they were on the same team. They both are great players are are hard to compare. LaRon had more tackles and NO interceptions. Tanard had less tackles but more INTs.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    27. Jason Peters, T, Buffalo Bills: I love young, rising players like Peters. He plays with a mean streak. Watching him play is like watching a defensive player go at it.
    Joe Thomas? This list isn't terrible, but it isn't great. Thomas didn't even get an honarable mention in the snubbs.

Dwight Freeney shouldn't be in the top 25 or on the list probably.

Charles Woodson is not better than Al Harris. Al Harris is matched up against the #1 WR and Woodson against the #2, so of course Woodson is going to look better, but Harris is. Still, neither one of them would be up there for me.

The fact that there is TE's on the list and only 2 other offensive lineman raises an eyebrow.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    Love #50 on that list!!!! Where was Rex Grossman I didn't see him on here haha

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    u like Mario Williams at the #6 spot when everyone said Texas passing on Reggie Bush was worst move of all times

Leave a comment:

• fivas14
    replied
    Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
    Matt=Owned by IVF in NBA Mock draft competion.
    My mock beat yours.

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=dHlzN5SuuH8&feature=related

Area 51 would have been the greatest safety tandem in NFL history.

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=mdU7gIwI_V4&feature=related

This is LaRon Landry just basically being better in every way than Tanard Jackson. Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
    Jackson does NOT hit harder than LaRon Landry... Are u smoking crack?
    No...I'm not

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-8vTi4H6qiQ

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    He's quite a bit aways from Landry? Jackson is a more aware defender and hits harder. Both are extremely good, both are top 4 in the NFL free safetys.
    Jackson does NOT hit harder than LaRon Landry... Are u smoking crack?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Well I really couldnt' go against my final mock draft on the site even though I wanted to.

Not my fault that the Falcons are very stupid. If they go with Dorsey like they should have my mock would have been money. Only pick I truly great was Carolina and I should have gone with my other gut there with J Stewart.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X