Cleveland Browns Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Browns Preview

Been through three pages of Threads and didnt see anything on the Browns Preview so I figure if one was up no harm done and this one can be deleted.

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2008cle.php

I must say Walter I agree with almost everything. But my reason for being so low on Anderson you neglected to include. The last 8 games of the year were average at best. I would argue below average for a starting NFL Quarterback. I have been giving that argument since the end of last season. Tisk Tisk.

8 Games + 13 Touchdowns + 12 Interceptions + 56% Completion Percentage = AVERAGE!
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Their offense stellar. If they can get the defense to play at league average they'll be great as a team.

Comment

How come the best offensive line in the NFL has only 4 stars?

Also Browns > Steelers

Comment

I think the Browns will get past the Steelers. The Browns defense isnt as good but the Steelers Offensive line now sucks.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Steelers defense is basically screwed if they get a single injury to their defensive line.

Comment

Cleveland is going to regret not trading Derek Anderson. Quinn was a top 5 talent. You play him. YOu don't bench him for a starter with a below 60% completions for the season. Ridiculous.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

yeah I'm not convinced Anderson is all that just yet.

Comment

NO one should be sold on Anderson. My stats that I posted are the best argument against Anderson I have seen. And without the Bengals game the overall stats would be worse too.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  Cleveland is going to regret not trading Derek Anderson. Quinn was a top 5 talent. You play him. YOu don't bench him for a starter with a below 60% completions for the season. Ridiculous.
                  He deserves at least half a season to play no matter what. He brought back (along with the offense as a unit) Cleveland Browns football back to relevance. It won't hurt Brady Quinn to sit out another half a season or a whole one. If Anderson falters they will regret not trading him I agree. I also agree that Brady Quinn is a decent QB but you don't trade a guy that's proven (even if it is 1 year) over a guy who has one series under his belt.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                    He deserves at least half a season to play no matter what. He brought back (along with the offense as a unit) Cleveland Browns football back to relevance. It won't hurt Brady Quinn to sit out another half a season or a whole one. If Anderson falters they will regret not trading him I agree. I also agree that Brady Quinn is a decent QB but you don't trade a guy that's proven (even if it is 1 year) over a guy who has one series under his belt.
                    Brady Quinn isn't just "a guy who has one series under his belt."

He was a ****ing top 5 talent. A TOP 5 TALENT. We aren't talking about some low first round quarterback or a mid round quarterback. People talk about Brady Quinn's talent like Charlie Frye. This guys is a great talent and people forget it.

I'm sorry, but Cleveland would have been much better off trading Anderson. He's not even "proven" yet. The only thing Anderson has proven is that he is solely responsible for Cleveland not making the playoffs after throwing (and yes I said he threw...) the game against Cincinnati.

Geez he threw 19 INTs and had 56% completions. That's horrible.

I said San Diego should have traded Drew Brees and they regret it now because they didn't get anything for him after he walked in free agency. Anderson could suck next year, they bring Quinn in, they release Anderson when they could have had a 1st round pick for him. Dumb dumb dumb.
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Quarterback is the most important position on the pitch, when you look at the dross that Cleveland have had there the past 15 years i cant blame them for taking another year to see if Anderson can be developed as he's only young and has shown a lot of potential. Sure Brady Quinn was a top 5 prospect, but top 5 prospects can bomb too, i dont see another season on the bench harming him much, he's still learning and theres a a decent chance he'll see time because of an injury...personally i think it will be Quinn's job by the end of the season and some other team will see enough in Anderson to shell out a top pick for him and he'll probably be a starter next year anyway, i dont have a problem with the Browns taking a year to see if he can be that for us...

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                        Steelers defense is basically screwed if they get a single injury to their defensive line.
                        Hoke has proven he's a good backup for Hampton, Bruce Davis was just drafted... how do you figure?

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                          They drafted Brady Quinn to be their franchise guy. Who cares about him "bringing them to relevance" they were poised to make a run anyways. Will it hurt Brady Quinn to sit out another year? Of course not, but it hurts the organization. They could have got a 1st and 3rd for Anderson and used those picks to work on the defense. I also can't say the Derek Anderson is proven. I think last season the Browns offensive unit was proven, but that goes far and beyond the QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                            Brady Quinn isn't just "a guy who has one series under his belt."

He was a ****ing top 5 talent. A TOP 5 TALENT. We aren't talking about some low first round quarterback or a mid round quarterback. People talk about Brady Quinn's talent like Charlie Frye. This guys is a great talent and people forget it.

I'm sorry, but Cleveland would have been much better off trading Anderson. He's not even "proven" yet. The only thing Anderson has proven is that he is solely responsible for Cleveland not making the playoffs after throwing (and yes I said he threw...) the game against Cincinnati.

Geez he threw 19 INTs and had 56% completions. That's horrible.

I said San Diego should have traded Drew Brees and they regret it now because they didn't get anything for him after he walked in free agency. Anderson could suck next year, they bring Quinn in, they release Anderson when they could have had a 1st round pick for him. Dumb dumb dumb.
                            McNair sat out 3 years and was the 3rd overall pick. Ryan Leaf could've used a year or two on the bench. QB's, no matter how talented they are, are hard to judge. They know Anderson is a starting QB in this league and this team is prime for a playoff run now. Let's just say they trade Anderson and start Quinn. Quinn has a horrible year, ok no biggy he's essentially a rookie. Quinn does poor in his second year, a cause for concern but he'll thrive in year 3. Nope, he falters. So unless you've signed a pretty good backup QB, you'll have develop a QB from the draft that will take a year or two. That's 5 wasted years! He's very well a top 5 talent but he hasn't proven anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                              8 Games + 13 Touchdowns + 12 Interceptions + 56% Completion Percentage = AVERAGE!
                              He was a first-year starter, and was 24... I want to see what he does in '08
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Working...
                              X