X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Fantasy Football Team: NFC North

Check this out and see if you like it:

NFC North All Fantasy Team

QB: Jon Kitna, Detroit Lions- Jon Kitna is my top fantasy quarterback in the NFC North almost by default. Neither Rex Grossman nor Kyle Orton has established themselves as starting caliber quarterbacks in the NFL. Tarvaris Jackson has been very hot and cold over his tenure in Minnesota and his ability to scramble adds to his value but with the running game they have and the inconsistency he shows plummet his stock. Aaron Rodgers is the top contender for this spot but he hasn’t started a game in his career and has only played in one full game (Dallas Cowboys, 2007) during his time in Green Bay. If he proves he won’t throw many interceptions, he’ll jump Kitna for the top spot. That is no slight to Kitna himself though. He has two Pro Bowl caliber weapons at his disposal in Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. Another thing that affects his value is that the Lions don’t have run game. This can be seen as both good and bad. This means he’ll be throwing a lot but this also makes him very prone to interceptions. This should be an interesting year for the NFC North quarterback stable.

RB: Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings- The best running back in the NFC is a no brainer for the #1 running back spot. His combination of power and speed along with his ability to plow through the offensive line at the goal line gives him touchdown value as well. The only thing holding Peterson is injury questions dating back to his days in Oklahoma, but that shouldn’t scare you from making Peterson at top two fantasy pick.

RB: Ryan Grant, Green Bay Packers- This is another default pick because Kevin Smith of Detroit and Matt Forte of Chicago are rookies. Grant’s power along with his intense hustle on the field make him a solid pick in your draft, but watch out for injuries like many power backs like him.

WR: Calvin Johnson, Detroit- This is one of my two controversial wide receiver picks. I picked Johnson over Roy Williams because he’s simply better than Williams. To tell you the truth, based on talent solely, he’s one of the best in the league. With that said he’s very young as he’s only going into his second year and was nicked up a little bit last year, but when he was healthy he was lethal. He needs to cut down on his drops but I see him putting up big numbers this year and earning a trip to the Pro Bowl.

WR: Greg Jennings, Green Bay- He may not be as good as Donald Driver yet but he sure is talented. Brett Favre made Jennings his favorite deep ball threat last year and Jennings numbers soared like Favre’s passes. His 12 touchdowns lead all Packers in receiving as Donald Driver didn’t have any after week 3. Jennings also had a 17.4 YPC average, though it looks like that number should go down with Rodgers starting. Overall, Jennings speed and knack for scoring touchdowns puts him second to Calvin Johnson.

TE: Greg Olsen, Chicago Bears- Greg Olsen is looking like a stud coming out of Miami after his junior year. Though he only started four games and had 39 catches for 391 yards, he looked very promising and looks to become a more focal point of the offense as the Bears have no dependable receivers. With Desmond Clark having a solid year last season, Olsen’s numbers should rise and fulfill his potential. Donald Lee was impressive last year and most would probably draft him over Olsen, but with Green Bay’s versatility at wide receiver and newly added Jermichael Finley the team might not throw as many balls towards Lee.

K: Ryan Longwell, Minnesota Vikings- Though Mason Crosby is the better kicker; Longwell should be the one you select. He plays in a dome and has a passing game that is practically dead. Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor can only get you so far before there’s a 3rd and 9 situation. Longwell should be given plenty of opportunities this year.

DEF: Green Bay Packers- This is a three way toss up between Minnesota, Chicago, and Green Bay but the Packers when this one out. Minnesota’s secondary was atrocious last year and teams passed against them freely. The addition of Madeiu Williams may help, but he is very injury prone. His backup, Tyrell Johnson, is a rookie. Until the Vikings can prove they can defend the pass be careful when you draft them. The Bears are injury prone all around and the chemistry isn’t what it used to be. The front seven is solid but needs to find a second defensive tackle next to Tommie Harris. The Bears need to find a safety if Daniel Manning doesn’t produce and Mike Brown gets injured again. The Packers are spectacular in their front seven and the back four is decent as well but Nick Collins and Atari Bigby/Aaron Rouse need to step up. Overall the teams’ defenses are good, but the Packers edge it out.

I see no reason to pass up Mason Crosby if it's the 14th or 15th round of your mock draft over Ryan Longwell. Longwell is a fine kicker, but Mason Crosby was the most productive kicker last season, and while the offense may be a little bit slower under Rodgers, it's still a very high powered offense that should provide tons of scoring opportunities.

I also would rather eat shards of broken glass than draft Kitna. He did okay until you factor in 28 interceptions. He had some brilliant games, especially early on, but he was very mediocre down the stretch, and had more picks than TD's. Not good. Although Rodgers is a 1st year QB, he has my vote in the QB-deprived NFC North. He should be a borderline fantasy starter, excellent depth.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I too think Rodgers will have great value because he will be passed until later rounds in the draft. He has the talent to be a legit fantasy QB with weapons all around him. I wouldn't be surprised if he cracks top 12 fantasy QBs by year end.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Calvin Johnson over Roy Williams is lunacy. Johnson hasn't proven himself yet and Roy Williams is a stud.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
        HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
          I see no reason to pass up Mason Crosby if it's the 14th or 15th round of your mock draft over Ryan Longwell. Longwell is a fine kicker, but Mason Crosby was the most productive kicker last season, and while the offense may be a little bit slower under Rodgers, it's still a very high powered offense that should provide tons of scoring opportunities.

I also would rather eat shards of broken glass than draft Kitna. He did okay until you factor in 28 interceptions. He had some brilliant games, especially early on, but he was very mediocre down the stretch, and had more picks than TD's. Not good. Although Rodgers is a 1st year QB, he has my vote in the QB-deprived NFC North. He should be a borderline fantasy starter, excellent depth.
          I love Rodgers as a QB, I'm a Packers fan for God's sake. But he may need time to get comfortable while Kitna is a veteran. He'll throw for a lot of TD's, INT's, and yards. I'd go with Rodgers this year but that's on a bias. Realistically I would go with Kitna.

As for Crosby, thank god we picked him. I knew they would with back to back to back picks in the 6th round. Either way I don't think you could go wrong.

Mmontero: I'm going out on a limb and saying he will. Johnson is an all world talent.

Comment

I'd take Calvin Johnson next year, not this one. Not saying he won't be great, I just don't think he'll be better.

Comment

Minnesota's defense is easily the best in all of fantasy football and you don't even have them the best in the division?

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                I'd take Calvin Johnson next year, not this one. Not saying he won't be great, I just don't think he'll be better.
                He had similar numbers as Larry Fitzgearld in his rookie year and he got 1,000 yards the following year. He's going to get a lot of balls thrown his way due to not having a solid running game unless Kevin Smoth steps up big time. He and Williams will have 1,000+ yards if healthy.

And I noticed I'm out of the HoO. It would have been tarnished with the lack of owning I received so good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                  Minnesota's defense is easily the best in all of fantasy football and you don't even have them the best in the division?
                  You are the Homer of the year aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                    He had similar numbers as Larry Fitzgearld in his rookie year and he got 1,000 yards the following year. He's going to get a lot of balls thrown his way due to not having a solid running game unless Kevin Smoth steps up big time. He and Williams will have 1,000+ yards if healthy.

And I noticed I'm out of the HoO. It would have been tarnished with the lack of owning I received so good idea.
                    I agree he'll be good, I just don't see him being better. Next season for sure though.

I told you it wouldn't last long in the HoO.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                      I agree he'll be good, I just don't see him being better. Next season for sure though.

I told you it wouldn't last long in the HoO.
                      True and True.

Comment

Bears should have the best special teams. Devin Hester is a guaranteed 5 TDs.

Comment

Ya, he's the reason I always try and get the Bears defense.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                            Bears should have the best special teams. Devin Hester is a guaranteed 5 TDs.
                            I can't disagree with that though Tramone Williams for the Packers is one he'll of a returner. Hester's the best though.

Comment

I agree with the common feeling. Unless the league doesn't penalize for interceptions, Kitna shouldn't be the number one QB.
                              Ann Arbor Wolverines

Starters ------------------------------ Reserves

PG: Steph Curry --------------------- Jason Kidd
                              SG: Joe Johnson -------------------- Grant Hill--Ben Gordon
                              SF: Kevin Durant ------------------- Dorrell Wright
                              PF/C:Al Jefferson -------------------- Kris Humphries
                              C:Marc Gasol ------------------------ Samuel Dalembert

Comment

Working...
                              X