No announcement yet.

All Fantasy Football Team: NFC North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming that the Vikings play up to their potential, they SHOULD be a top 5, fantasy defense. I think Jared Allen will be a letdown if you think he's going to meet or beat his 15.5 sack campaign. I think he'll get 11 or 12. Your secondary is still terrible. Tyrell Johnson was a combine riser who played against weak competition, and he's not starting anyway.

Right now, I have the Vikings as #3 on my board, behind San Diego and New York Giants. San Diego has a much better pass rush than Minnesota has, even with Jared Allen. Additionally, teams trying to throw have to worry about Quentin Jammer, Antonio Cromartie, Antoine Cason, Paul Oliver, and DeJuan Tribble. All five of them could be starters in Minnesota's cornerbacking corps.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
      Assuming that the Vikings play up to their potential, they SHOULD be a top 5, fantasy defense. I think Jared Allen will be a letdown if you think he's going to meet or beat his 15.5 sack campaign. I think he'll get 11 or 12. Your secondary is still terrible. Tyrell Johnson was a combine riser who played against weak competition, and he's not starting anyway.

Right now, I have the Vikings as #3 on my board, behind San Diego and New York Giants. San Diego has a much better pass rush than Minnesota has, even with Jared Allen. Additionally, teams trying to throw have to worry about Quentin Jammer, Antonio Cromartie, Antoine Cason, Paul Oliver, and DeJuan Tribble. All five of them could be starters in Minnesota's cornerbacking corps.
      And what basis are you making the assumption that Minnesota is the third best defense in the NFL.

Comment

Minnesota should rack up 40-45 sacks, and they will probably have several games where teams don't score a lot. Additionally, they should rack up plenty of INT's considering how often teams will want to throw at them. The defense also provided five games of 14 points or less, which isn't bad.

Minnesota is a poor value defense, because they're probably going to be off the board in round 12 or 13, because someone's going to say HOLY CRAP THEY GOT THE SACK CHAMP not realizing that they never win twice in a row.
        - Also known as Dan.
        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/...-08preseason-d

4 of the 5 Yahoo experts have Vikings the #1 defense.

http://fantasynews.sportsline.com/fa...tball/rankings

CBS Sporstline has the Vikings the #1 defense.

And other sites like ESPN, fftoolbox, Foxsports have them no lower than three.

You obviously don't understand how good this defense is.

Comment

The Vikes arent the best D in the league. Your making them sound like the 85 Bears or something. There an good D. I wouldnt even call them great.
            Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Minnesota should rack up 40-45 sacks, and they will probably have several games where teams don't score a lot. Additionally, they should rack up plenty of INT's considering how often teams will want to throw at them. The defense also provided five games of 14 points or less, which isn't bad.

Minnesota is a poor value defense, because they're probably going to be off the board in round 12 or 13, because someone's going to say HOLY CRAP THEY GOT THE SACK CHAMP not realizing that they never win twice in a row.
              Where are all of those sacks coming from? Jared Allen? Yeah right. It doesn't matter if they get an INT here and there if they give up 300 yards a game. The run defense will be stellar once more but watch out for Pat Williams age. I'd put them in the top 10 but not top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                Where are all of those sacks coming from? Jared Allen? Yeah right. It doesn't matter if they get an INT here and there if they give up 300 yards a game. The run defense will be stellar once more but watch out for Pat Williams age. I'd put them in the top 10 but not top 5.
                This is the first time ever I'm defending the Vikings. I don't believe this.

Jared Allen should easily match the production of Kenechi Udeze and Erasmus James combined. The defense did get 38 sacks last year, so 40-45 isn't unreasonable.
                - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                  http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/...-08preseason-d

4 of the 5 Yahoo experts have Vikings the #1 defense.

http://fantasynews.sportsline.com/fa...tball/rankings

CBS Sporstline has the Vikings the #1 defense.

And other sites like ESPN, fftoolbox, Foxsports have them no lower than three.

You obviously don't understand how good this defense is.
                  What's that? Sounds like hype to me. This is mostly projection. Green Bay and Chicago barely lost anything in the offseason (except Corey Williams, GB). Minnesota has projection at two DE's and one CB spot. Like I said, this is projection. They had a great run defense last year but a pathetic pass D. Allen should help with putting pressure on the QB but you can't excpect a HUGE jump in pass D. I say they're top 10 but not better than the Packers.

Comment

This is the first time ever I'm defending the Vikings. I don't believe this.

Jared Allen should easily match the production of Kenechi Udeze and Erasmus James combined. The defense did get 38 sacks last year, so 40-45 isn't unreasonable.
                    Ok, I see. Alright but that still doesn't warrant a top 3 D. Look at San Diego as an example. They are top 3 because they are solid at ALL 3 levels if not spectacular. Minnesota is spectacular in front 4, solid in the mid 3, and the secondary is poor.

In my defense on Green Bay, they are solid at all 3 levels. They have a great D-Line, a great LBing core, and a good secondary that may be up and down this year but should turn out fine I mean Charles Woodson and Al Harris were a top 5 CB tandem and the safeties are young and improving.

Comment

Ok, I see. Alright but that still doesn't warrant a top 3 D. Look at San Diego as an example. They are top 3 because they are solid at ALL 3 levels if not spectacular. Minnesota is spectacular in front 4, solid in the mid 3, and the secondary is poor.

In my defense on Green Bay, they are solid at all 3 levels. They have a great D-Line, a great LBing core, and a good secondary that may be up and down this year but should turn out fine I mean Charles Woodson and Al Harris were a top 5 CB tandem and the safeties are young and improving.
                      I don't understand how you call this a bad seconday.

CB: Antoine Winfield
                      S: Madieu Williams
                      S: Darren Sharper
                      CB: ?--Whoever wins the job.

Griffin, McCauley, and Gordon are all solid corners and any one of them could win that spot. You don't understand the reason why our pass defense was bad last year. It was because we got basically no pressure on the QB and the QB had all day to throw. Simple as that.

Comment

I don't understand how you call this a bad seconday.

CB: Antoine Winfield
                        S: Madieu Williams
                        S: Darren Sharper
                        CB: ?--Whoever wins the job.

Griffin, McCauley, and Gordon are all solid corners and any one of them could win that spot. You don't understand the reason why our pass defense was bad last year. It was because we got basically no pressure on the QB and the QB had all day to throw. Simple as that.
                        Sharper and Winfield are solid but aging and Winfield had a down year last year didn't he? For injuries or something. Besides, Madieu Williams isn't anything to get excited about. I like Griffen and McCauley but neither has fully proved they can start, especially McCauley. Griffen should win the job though. The point is they aren't yet solid nor proven.

Comment

Sharper and Winfield are solid but aging and Winfield had a down year last year didn't he? For injuries or something. Besides, Madieu Williams isn't anything to get excited about. I like Griffen and McCauley but neither has fully proved they can start, especially McCauley. Griffen should win the job though. The point is they aren't yet solid nor proven.
                          Winfield was his normal self when healthy. He did miss six games, but he was productive when healthy. Madieu Williams is a huge upgrade over Dwight Smith, especially in coverage. Sharper is going to be his normal stud self. The only question mark is who is going to start opposite of Winfield. Charles Gordon is the dark horse to win that spot. He was very consistant last year and didn't give up any big plays like Griffin and McCauley were prone to do.

Comment

Winfield was his normal self when healthy. He did miss six games, but he was productive when healthy. Madieu Williams is a huge upgrade over Dwight Smith, especially in coverage. Sharper is going to be his normal stud self. The only question mark is who is going to start opposite of Winfield. Charles Gordon is the dark horse to win that spot. He was very consistant last year and didn't give up any big plays like Griffin and McCauley were prone to do.
                            When I read "Darren Sharper will be his normal stud self" it was like a knife in my back. Sharper was OUR star. He was OUR playmaker. So was Ryan Longwell! All you all do is steal players from the NFC North (Those 2, Bernard Barrian, Robert Ferguson). Screw the Vikings!!!! Viva la Green Bay Packers!!!!!

Comment

When I read "Darren Sharper will be his normal stud self" it was like a knife in my back. Sharper was OUR star. He was OUR playmaker. So was Ryan Longwell! All you all do is steal players from the NFC North (Those 2, Bernard Barrian, Robert Ferguson). Screw the Vikings!!!! Viva la Green Bay Packers!!!!!
                              I knew that quote would get a response out of you. Don't forget to add Bobby Wade to that list...That is actually a good strategy. Take good players away from your division rivals.

Comment

lol, you can even add Kenderick Allen to that list. He played two games for GB in 06'. He won't even make our roster though.

Comment

Working...
                                X