NFL Draft Scout: Eugene Monroe > Michael Oher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft Scout: Eugene Monroe > Michael Oher

As you know I am the only person on the internet with Eugene Monroe as a top 5 pick...probably even only one with him as a first round pick.

All of my hard work with my VHS player and Virginia tapes paid off because I saw a really good prospect. Now I think Oher is a once in a decade type player, but NFL Draft Scout agrees with Matt McGuire because I know what I'm talking about.

I saw the size, finesse, athleticism, strenght, and tenacity that could propel Monroe to a top 5-10 pick.

I pride myself on actually watching the games, which I think 99% of people that put out 2009 mocks DO NOT do...they all nearly look identical because eveyrone copies each others' mocks.

Monroe is a baller and I called it from day one. I think he will be a first round pick and I think he is very very underrated.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I don't know about top 5 Matt. What makes you so high on him? And that's coming from a UVA fan.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

The film I watched. His size. His hips when he can get to the 2nd level. He has a high degree of athleticism. He's smart. He is technically sound.

Stronger than D'Brick but not quite as gifted with the feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        The film I watched. His size. His hips when he can get to the 2nd level. He has a high degree of athleticism. He's smart. He is technically sound.

Stronger than D'Brick but not quite as gifted with the feet.
        Stronger than Brick? I didn't notice that but I did notice poor footwork and the tendency to walk the fine line between holding and not holding a lot (though if he doesn't get caught I suppose it's not too bad). I have a couple concerns with him before he gets better than a round 2 grade from me. Definitely a promising prospect though.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
        HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I meant stronger meaning strength wise especially in the phone booth and with pancakes.

Comment

I meant stronger meaning strength wise especially in the phone booth and with pancakes.

Nice Mike Mayock quote.

Everybody knew Monroe was good...There is a reason why Branden Albert wasn't starting at LT. But putting him ahead of Oher is just completely asinine. I agree with you that Oher is a once in a decade player...Monroe is not. He isn't even better than Andre Smith who I believe has the upside to possibly unseat Oher as the top LT and the possible #1 pick. Monroe could defintely become a top 15 pick though.
            Last edited by IlliniVikeFan23; 09-06-2008, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Mayock quote? I'm not sure where you are talking about. I've read that term in various football technique books I've studied.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                Nice Mike Mayock quote.

Everybody knew Monroe was good...There is a reason why Branden Albert wasn't starting at LT. But putting him ahead of Oher is just completely asinine. I agree with you that Oher is a once in a decade player...Monroe is not. He isn't even better than Andre Smith who I believe has the upside to possibly unseat Oher as the top LT and the possible #1 pick. Monroe could defintely become a top 15 pick though.
                Well not to long ago Walter had him rated as a 5th round draft pick and I've never seen him in anyone else's first round.

Comment

When is Andre Smith going to get top love? And even Ciron Black? Both are 2 year starters since becoming true freshman in the SEC.

Comment

Nice Mike Mayock quote.

You keep using my favorite football term.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                      When is Andre Smith going to get top love? And even Ciron Black? Both are 2 year starters since becoming true freshman in the SEC.
                      That list is for seniors Wonder Kid.

Comment

That list is for seniors Wonder Kid.
                        Oh. I never actually looked at the list I was just saying in general never mind.

Comment

Mayock quote? I'm not sure where you are talking about. I've read that term in various football technique books I've studied.
                          Didn't they have a list of the "Mayockisms" on the bottom ticker of NFL Network? Phone Booth was one of them.

Comment

Didn't they have a list of the "Mayockisms" on the bottom ticker of NFL Network? Phone Booth was one of them.
                            Yeah.

Comment

I have Monroe in my Top 5 (I'm still working on my mock)

I don't have him above Oher though. I have the Bears as the first pick in mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X