Daily Debate Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Debate Thread!

Here's the concept. Sometime in the wee hours of the morning (For me, anyway), I will pose a question that is not normally worth its own topic, but is still something that can be debated over.

After roughly 24 hours, I will post a new question. After the new question is thrown into the discussion, please refrain from discussing the old topic.

With that, here's the question.

What team will be 2nd in the AFC East? Will they make the playoffs?

PAST QUESTIONS
    7/5/08: (Because DraftKidWonder is a douche) Why does everyone hate Ted Ginn Jr?
    7/4/08: Which Fantasy Defense provides the best value? What Fantasy Kicker provides the best value?
    7/3/08: Out of the four likely HoF Bound players (Ogden, Sapp, Favre, Strahan), which team will miss their retiree the most? The least?
    Last edited by Blazedestin; 07-06-2008, 03:29 AM.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

I think it's Strahan because for the most part he required double coverages and provided so much leadership for the locker room. Sapp is the least, because his impact was becoming less and less each year.

Comment

Yeah Strahan fo sho. It was that depth and versatilty along the Giants D-Line that made them so dangerous. Usi, Tuck and Kiwanuka are still a force, but losing Strahan is a massive blow. Not to mention his bigger-than-life persona and what he brings to the team as a leader and a lightning rod in the dressing room.
      Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
      The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
      THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
      THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

my bad puppy didn't notice that you'd already brought up Stray's leadership qualities
        The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat

Comment

Ogden for Baltimore. Even if he was injured last year, it's a lot harder to replace a LT than a DE. Though they are prepared with Jared Gaither he's still pretty raw and may not be ready. Ogden provided veteran leadership on that offense that nobody but maybe Derrick Mason could provide.

Least missed I think will be Warren Sapp. They're the Raiders. They find a way to suck every year so it wouldn't matter if he is there or not.

Comment

Most missed - Strahan
            Least missed - Favre

Comment

As long as Favre stays retired they will miss him the most. They are a 500 team without him. The Raiders will least miss Warren Sapp. Ogden and Strahan have young up and coming replacements.
              "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
              -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
                As long as Favre stays retired they will miss him the most. They are a 500 team without him. The Raiders will least miss Warren Sapp. Ogden and Strahan have young up and coming replacements.
                You really think that with the talent GB has, they're only a 500 team? Rodgers has everything a young QB could want to thrive and back him up, great receivers, great RB, great defense, great everything. How could Green Bay possibly be a .500 team?

Comment

Originally posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
                  You really think that with the talent GB has, they're only a 500 team? Rodgers has everything a young QB could want to thrive and back him up, great receivers, great RB, great defense, great everything. How could Green Bay possibly be a .500 team?
                  I agree. Unless he completely bombs there's no way.

Comment

Originally posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
                    You forgot to mention top 5 talent...hehe

Most missed im gna say Ogden. Even if Gaither turns out he won't be the force John Ogden was, especially if the start Flacco anytime soon.

Least missed is Brett Favre. Aaron Rodgers will do exactly as Favre did.

What about Larry Allen?.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Leaf View Post
                      The Packers have Brohm, just like the Ravens and Giants have Gaither and Tuck.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                        The Packers have Brohm, just like the Ravens and Giants have Gaither and Tuck.
                        You mean we have Aaron Rodgers. Common mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                          You mean we have Aaron Rodgers. Common mistake.
                          Who?

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                            Who?
                            Why is there hatred toward Mr. Rodgers?

Comment

Question for the cheeseheads in this forum...Imagine if you will a 2008 season where Rodgers guides the Pack to a 11-13 win season and an NFC championship while posting around 3500 yards and 87-95 passer rating. How quickly will Packer nation forget (obviously not completely) Favre and jump on the Rodgers bandwagon?

I'm just curious cause it's interesting to see when a legend is usurped and initially everyone rags on the newbie, but pretty soon he's the hero and everyone claims they always knew he'd be great. Also, I could easily see 2008 Rodgers being the 2006 Romo. A young guy learns the system inherits a complete and talented team and hits the ground running, but still have growing pains as Romo did.

Comment

Working...
                              X