Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walt: New England Preview

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Walt: New England Preview

    I liked your preview but three things:

    • Stephen Gostowski was 21-24 last year, an 87.5% completion percentage. Then you predict 22-29, a 76% percentage. What?

    • You bash the defense and give it a top 3 ranking? How with that back 8?

    • And this is a personal beef but explain to me how the Denver Broncos are a "roadblock" but Carolina is beatable by Detroit? You really have to kidding yourself with all due respect. Please explain to me why Carolina sucks.

    Other than that I liked it. You were dead on on both sides of the ball and you are one of the only people, including me, that thinks Laurence Maroney is a good running back. Somebody on here said he was a bottom 5 back. Like I said, good job.

  • #2
    No I'm just saying Denver isn't as good as Carolina. At all. Walt thinks Carolina is horrible but he thinks Denver can beat NE while Carolina can't get passed Atlanta, Detroit, Miami, Notre Dame, Louisville, a 7th grade all star team, etc.

    They are an extremely good all around team who I think can win the division and that's no slight to Tampa Matt, trust me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
      No I'm just saying Denver isn't as good as Carolina. At all. Walt thinks Carolina is horrible but he thinks Denver can beat NE while Carolina can't get passed Atlanta, Detroit, Miami, Notre Dame, Louisville, a 7th grade all star team, etc.

      They are an extremely good all around team who I think can win the division and that's no slight to Tampa Matt, trust me.
      Whaaaaat?

      For the Panthers to have a shot at the NFC South crown, Jake Delhomme's surgically repaired elbow has to be at 100% the entire season, Mushin Muhammad/DJ Hackett needs to become a legit #2 receiver, and Julius Peppers needs to relearn how to get to the QB.
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
        Whaaaaat?

        For the Panthers to have a shot at the NFC South crown, Jake Delhomme's surgically repaired elbow has to be at 100% the entire season, Mushin Muhammad/DJ Hackett needs to become a legit #2 receiver, and Julius Peppers needs to relearn how to get to the QB.
        Delhomme should be ok but injuries are so unpredictable, Hackett should win out and don't forget about Dwayne Jarrett, and Julius Peppers is a pure stud plain and simple.

        Comment


        • #5
          I said Mauroney is a bottom 5 back. I'm sticking by it. He's sandwiched between Edgerrin James and Ahman Green.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
            I said Mauroney is a bottom 5 back. I'm sticking by it. He's sandwiched between Edgerrin James and Ahman Green.
            Wow. Make me a list of your top backs 1-32 for me please.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
              Wow. Make me a list of your top backs 1-32 for me please.
              I never back down, but this list is pretty rough and I didn't give it my full consideration.

              1. AD
              2. LT
              3. Westbrook
              4. Steven Jackson
              5. Clinton Portis
              6. Marshawn Lynch
              7. Frank Gore
              8. Willis McGahee
              9. Maurice Jones-Drew
              10. Ryan Grant
              11. Ronnie Brown
              12. Cadillac Williams (Even if he is in a wheel-chair)
              13. Joseph Addai
              14. Willie Parker
              15. Marion Barber
              16. Lendale White
              17. Michael Turner
              18. Jamal Lewis
              19. Rudi Johnson
              20. Jonathon Stewart
              21. Darren McFadden
              22. Larry Johnson
              23. Selvin Young
              24. Brandon Jacobs
              25. Leon Washington
              26. Matt Forte
              27. Reggie Bush
              28. Laurence Mauroney
              29. Chris Brown
              30. Julius Jones
              31. Edgerrin James
              32. Kevin Smith

              Comment


              • #8
                PP, I am sorry to say but you are somewhat clueless.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                  PP, I am sorry to say but you are somewhat clueless.
                  K, thnx 4 being so vague.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like Carolina, but it's just so tough to seem them winning the division with the ho-hum defense. New Orleans has a good looking defensive line finally and Tampa Bay will probably have the #1 overall defense next year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Jacobs is a top 15 back. He's definitely better than LenDale White, who plays a similar offensive role. Obviously, Jacobs is a bit of an injury risk, but that apparently isn't a concern on your list, Puppy.
                      - Also known as Dan.
                      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                        K, thnx 4 being so vague.


                        1. AD
                        2. LT
                        3. Westbrook
                        4. Steven Jackson
                        5. Clinton Portis
                        6. Marshawn Lynch
                        7. Frank Gore
                        8. Willis McGahee
                        9. Maurice Jones-Drew
                        10. Ryan Grant
                        11. Ronnie Brown
                        12. Cadillac Williams (Even if he is in a wheel-chair)
                        13. Joseph Addai
                        14. Willie Parker
                        15. Marion Barber
                        16. Lendale White
                        17. Michael Turner
                        18. Jamal Lewis
                        19. Rudi Johnson
                        20. Jonathon Stewart
                        21. Darren McFadden
                        22. Larry Johnson
                        23. Selvin Young
                        24. Brandon Jacobs
                        25. Leon Washington
                        26. Matt Forte
                        27. Reggie Bush
                        28. Laurence Mauroney
                        29. Chris Brown
                        30. Julius Jones
                        31. Edgerrin James
                        32. Kevin Smith
                        Ryan Grant is a one year wonder...No way he should be top 10.

                        Larry Johnson at 22 is by far the worst. He is a top 10 back possibly even top 5.

                        No Chester Taylor...Fred Taylor? Just because they don't start doesn't mean they don't belong in there.

                        I like that you have AD #1 though.
                        Last edited by IlliniVikeFan23; 07-04-2008, 11:12 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                          I never back down, but this list is pretty rough and I didn't give it my full consideration.

                          1. AD
                          2. LT
                          3. Westbrook
                          4. Steven Jackson
                          5. Clinton Portis
                          6. Marshawn Lynch
                          7. Frank Gore
                          8. Willis McGahee
                          9. Maurice Jones-Drew
                          10. Ryan Grant
                          11. Ronnie Brown
                          12. Cadillac Williams (Even if he is in a wheel-chair)
                          13. Joseph Addai
                          14. Willie Parker
                          15. Marion Barber
                          16. Lendale White
                          17. Michael Turner
                          18. Jamal Lewis
                          19. Rudi Johnson
                          20. Jonathon Stewart
                          21. Darren McFadden
                          22. Larry Johnson
                          23. Selvin Young
                          24. Brandon Jacobs
                          25. Leon Washington
                          26. Matt Forte
                          27. Reggie Bush
                          28. Laurence Mauroney
                          29. Chris Brown
                          30. Julius Jones
                          31. Edgerrin James
                          32. Kevin Smith
                          PP, I'm sorry, but I have to (throws up) agree with (throws up) with IVF (completely ****s self).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Larry Johnson is done. Herm Edwards ran him face first into the ground. The fact that they drafted Jamaal Charles in the third round means that they no longer have any faith in him to carry the workload. It's a shame, as he WAS a top 5 back. He's no longer a viable starter, either in real life or in fantasy.
                            - Also known as Dan.
                            - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              PuppyPuncher, Fred Taylor?

                              EDIT: I just noticed IVF already made the point...
                              Last edited by Eagles4Life; 07-04-2008, 11:14 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X