No announcement yet.

Walt: New England Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe your right Blazedestin. I don't like how he's so eager to try and run stretch plays though. Larry Johnson is worn out and uninterested in trying now that he has his big contract. I didn't want to include backups. Chester Taylor wouldn't be that high up anyways. He got run out of Baltimore for a reason.

I don't know why everyone is so offended, it's a list I cooked up in 5 minutes.
    Last edited by PuppyPuncher; 07-04-2008, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
      I like Carolina, but it's just so tough to seem them winning the division with the ho-hum defense. New Orleans has a good looking defensive line finally and Tampa Bay will probably have the #1 overall defense next year.
      Ho-hum? Julius Peppers, M'Kemateou, Charlie Johnson, I don't know honestly who's the second DT. First two are good, second two aren't proven. Look at the back 7 at what i rhink the lineup should bel: SLB: Thomas Davis MLB: Dan Conner WLB: Jon Beason. Secondary: CB: Ken Lucas FS: Charles Godfrey SS: Chris Harris CB: Ken Lucas NCB: Richard Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
        Maybe your right Blazedestin. I don't like how he's so eager to try and run stretch plays though. Larry Johnson is worn out and uninterested in trying now that he has his big contract. I didn't want to include backups. Chester Taylor wouldn't be that high up anyways. He got run out of Baltimore for a reason.

I don't know why everyone is so offended, it's a list I cooked up in 5 minutes.
        If you don't think Chester Taylor is a top 32 back in the NFL you are seriously clueless.

And Fred Taylor...Fred is top 15.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
          Ho-hum? Julius Peppers, M'Kemateou, Charlie Johnson, I don't know honestly who's the second DT. First two are good, second two aren't proven. Look at the back 7 at what i rhink the lineup should bel: SLB: Thomas Davis MLB: Dan Conner WLB: Jon Beason. Secondary: CB: Ken Lucas FS: Charles Godfrey SS: Chris Harris CB: Ken Lucas NCB: Richard Marshall.
          Big Beast, Chris Harris and Julius Peppers are all pro-bowl worthy and I think it's a stupid idea to put Conner at Mike and Beason at Will. No one else really gets me too excited. I'm interested in Charles Johnson and Godfrey, but they seriously need to upgrade that D-Line.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire
            He's not clueless he just isn't a Vike homer.
            What are you talking about? How do you include being a homer into this discussion? There is nothing homerish about saying Chester Taylor is a top 32 back because there is NO DOUBT he is.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
              If you don't think Chester Taylor is a top 32 back in the NFL you are seriously clueless.

And Fred Taylor...Fred is top 15.
              Fred Taylor is cool, but I wouldn't be surprised if age caught up with him. Like I said, I chose who I thought was the better running back out of a tandem.

Comment

Fred Taylor is one of the most underrated RB's of all time. He is a possible hall of famer..

Comment

Fred Taylor is one of the most underrated RB's of all time. He is a possible hall of famer..
                  And this is where your opinion just lost 57 credibility points.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

What are you talking about? How do you include being a homer into this discussion? There is nothing homerish about saying Chester Taylor is a top 32 back because there is NO DOUBT he is.
                    No there is a doubt. If he is in the top 32 he is definately in the bottom 8, therefore he isn't a lock for the top 32.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      And this is where your opinion just lost 57 credibility points.
                      Rush: 2285 Yds: 10715 Y/G: 84.4 AVG: 4.7 TD:61

I have heard a few analysts say that also...So I am not alone.

"Of the 20 players who have gained 10,000 yards and become eligible for the Hall of Fame, only Ottis Anderson (10,273) and Ricky Watters (10,643) have not yet been voted in."

So I'm pretty sure those stats are HOF worthy. Another reason why he is underrated. He gets no credit at all.
                      Last edited by IlliniVikeFan23; 07-04-2008, 11:39 PM.

Comment

While we are at it, lets put Edgerrin James and Warrick Dunn in the HOF because they have over 10k yards too. Do you think he is a hall of famer?

Taylor isn't a dominant runner plain and simple. Very good? Yes, but the HOF isn't about very good, it is about being dominant over a long period of time.

Comment

While we are at it, lets put Edgerrin James and Warrick Dunn in the HOF because they have over 10k yards too. Do you think he is a hall of famer?

Taylor isn't a dominant runner plain and simple. Very good? Yes, but the HOF isn't about very good, it is about being dominant over a long period of time.
                          This year's HOF candidates suck too. If writers whine long enough about Taylor, he'll get in. That's how it works now.

Comment

Also, let's put Keenan McCardell and Drew Bledsoe in the HOF because they have have big statistics.

McCardell is 8th all time in receptions and Bledsoe is 7th all time in passing yards. That is definitely HOF material lol.

Comment

Why do you have to be dominant? Can't you just be a consistant player?

Comment

Why do you have to be dominant? Can't you just be a consistant player?
                                I am talking about the Hall of Fame. Not the Hall of (just) Consistent.

Comment

Working...
                                X