Walt: New England Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    I am talking about the Hall of Fame. Not the Hall of (just) Consistent.
    Was Curtis Martin dominant? No. He was just consistant for a long period of time and is a lock to be in the HOF.

Comment

Matt, do you think Vinny's a hall of famer?

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
        Matt, do you think Vinny's a hall of famer?
        Assuming Testaverde...no.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

By the way, how the greatest punter of all-time Ray Guy isn't in the HOF is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
            No I'm just saying Denver isn't as good as Carolina. At all. Walt thinks Carolina is horrible but he thinks Denver can beat NE while Carolina can't get passed Atlanta, Detroit, Miami, Notre Dame, Louisville, a 7th grade all star team, etc.

They are an extremely good all around team who I think can win the division and that's no slight to Tampa Matt, trust me.
            You really think that a team with Delhomme and his bionic arm, an unproven running back, and a disappointing defense could beat Denver? Nooooo. What does Carolina have on Denver?

I also think Maroney isn't anywhere close to bottom 5. He is more in the middle-upper range.

Comment

Originally posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
              You really think that a team with Delhomme and his bionic arm, an unproven running back, and a disappointing defense could beat Denver? Nooooo. What does Carolina have on Denver?

I also think Maroney isn't anywhere close to bottom 5. He is more in the middle-upper range.
              An offensive line and running game. Sorry I'm not sold on Selvin Young. Pittman is a sleeper but we have to see if he can play in the ZBS.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                Ryan Grant is a one year wonder...No way he should be top 10.

Larry Johnson at 22 is by far the worst. He is a top 10 back possibly even top 5.

No Chester Taylor...Fred Taylor? Just because they don't start doesn't mean they don't belong in there.

I like that you have AD #1 though.
                According to your logic, Adrian Peterson is a one year wonder, and no way should he be in the top 10.
                Last edited by phenomenal_waffles; 07-05-2008, 12:40 AM.

Comment

An offensive line and running game. Sorry I'm not sold on Selvin Young. Pittman is a sleeper but we have to see if he can play in the ZBS.
                  Well then I'm not sold on Jonathan Stewart.

Comment

How Art Monk got in over Cris Carter is beyond me.

Ellis Hobbs also sucks. I think the Patriot's secondary warrants a 1-star.

Comment

It's hilarious watching Hobbs cover Plaxico Burress. Whoops, there goes the Super Bowl.

Comment

Well then I'm not sold on Jonathan Stewart.
                        I don't think anyone is "sold" on Stewart, but he is in a great position to succeed with a very solid OL and does have a higher talent level than Young.

I mean every rookie is unproven. I don't go into the season expecting anything from any rookie unless the player is sickly talented like an Adrian Peterson where it was obvious he was going to have an instant impact.

Comment

I don't think anyone is "sold" on Stewart, but he is in a great position to succeed with a very solid OL and does have a higher talent level than Young.

I mean every rookie is unproven. I don't go into the season expecting anything from any rookie unless the player is sickly talented like an Adrian Peterson where it was obvious he was going to have an instant impact.
                          All I have to say to that is the zone blocking scheme. Selvin Young will be successful.

Comment

According to your logic, Adrian Peterson is a one year wonder, and no way should he be in the top 10.
                            I like how you added the smiley face in there.

Opponents were worried about the passing game while playing Grant. Let's see how he does this year with Favre(maybe) gone. I'm not ready to put him in my top 10 yet.

AD faced 8 man fronts all year and dominated.

Comment

Because Denver sucks. Selvin Young doesn't impress me, but I'm surprised he didn't get drafted back in his draft. No O-Line, at least not until Clady's ready. Cutler is poised to breakout but he hasn't yet. No receivers except for Marshall, if he plays. No safety's and no linebackers except for DJ Williams and Wesley Woodyard.

How many weaknesses on Carolina? One DE, One DT, One Safety, #2 WR, and RG. RG is being battles out between three guys who are average which isn't bad, WR is going to be won by Hackett, Charles Godfrey is a promising young player considering he's going from corner to safety so tackling should be the only problem there, Charles Johnson is promising, and DT will just have to be fought out. Nothing that can be fixed with expierence.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                                I like how you added the smiley face in there.

Opponents were worried about the passing game while playing Grant. Let's see how he does this year with Favre(maybe) gone. I'm not ready to put him in my top 10 yet.

AD faced 8 man fronts all year and dominated.
                                lol I added the smiley to explain that i was joking.

Comment

Working...
                                X