Brian Westbrook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Westbrook

I've done a little research and found this out.

First raise your hand if you thought (like everybody predicted) Larry Johnson was going to bomb after a 416 rush season, though he never started a full season before?

Ok, here are my stats. Two simple stats. In 2006 Brian Westbrook had 322 touches. In 2007 a career high 371. And he's been starting since, when, 2004?
    His frame is 5'8, less than 200 pounds. If Larry Johnson frame couldn't handle it how is Westbrook's frame going to? I see him as the #3 fantasy back and I said he was the top back in the NFC East.

So why doesn't anybody think he'll slip in production?

You can say "thin frame" but I say he plays bigger than he is and he is a great receiver.

I don't think he will slip in production because he is proven, the WRs can't be worse than last year and Tra Thomas is back at LT for who knows how long.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

He's always had minor injury problems. I don't think his production will slip either as long as he stays healthy.

LJ was some what productive last year before he got hurt. I think that he will be alot better this year. Even behind a horrible OL...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        You can say "thin frame" but I say he plays bigger than he is and he is a great receiver.

I don't think he will slip in production because he is proven, the WRs can't be worse than last year and Tra Thomas is back at LT for who knows how long.
        That made no logical sense. He's proven so he won't slip. (Edge was proven, Ahman was proven, Larry proved himself, Rudi was proven). Faulty logic. Kevin Curtis was pretty damn good last year. And wouldn't that be a concern how long Thomas will be playing well?

And he plays big, but that doesn't matter if he gets crushed over and over and over again.

Comment

I think you have to take in Larry Johnson's receptions into account too if you want to make this comparison. In the year Johnson had 416 carries, he had 41 receptions, giving him 457 touches, which is much more than Westbrook's total.

The Eagles don't give Westbrook many carries, so I think he'll be OK.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I'm just trying to see if I can get anybody to think twice and watch out for injury problems or something like that. The bad news for him is that he's the offenses only "weapon". KC's good, but not a weapon. Good news is his line is very solid, unlike LJ's.

Comment

Every running back has injury issues. Tomlinson is coming off an MCL injury, Peterson always seems to be hurt and really wore down at the end of the year, Addai missed some time, Steven Jackson was in and out of the lineup...
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Brian Westbrook did have too many carries last year. This should be remedied by a healthy McNabb, and Lorenzo Booker/Correll Buckhalter/Tony Hunt/Ryan Moats(doubtful) to split carries.

Comment

Unlike Johnson, Westbrook can catch the ball consistantly. He is not just a between the tackles runner so he doesnt take all the hits Johnson does despite the touches.
                  If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                  Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    I think you have to take in Larry Johnson's receptions into account too if you want to make this comparison. In the year Johnson had 416 carries, he had 41 receptions, giving him 457 touches, which is much more than Westbrook's total.

The Eagles don't give Westbrook many carries, so I think he'll be OK.
                    Also take into account running styles. Westbrook gets a lot of toss sweeps and dumps. He also runs out of bounds at the end of plays a lot more than Johnson. Johnson pounded it up the middle all year and finished runs hard.

Comment

Ya I posted that before I read the rest of the topic so uhhh that's why I just made the same point as Joey.

Comment

lol. Well NNC, I guess great minds think alike. Even if mine is screwed due to 4 concussions.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Good point about Westbrook. Still though, I would plan on taking him pretty high up in a fantasy draft, probably 3 behind AD and LT.

Comment

Westbrook has been one of the top backs year after year and this is the first year he's finally getting recoginition from fantasy owners.... Which sucks because I love stealing him early in the 2nd round in past years
                            Check out my new site Today!
                            Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                              Also take into account running styles. Westbrook gets a lot of toss sweeps and dumps. He also runs out of bounds at the end of plays a lot more than Johnson. Johnson pounded it up the middle all year and finished runs hard.

This was the exact same thing i was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X