Re-designing the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-designing the site

I've been in the process of re-designing the site.

Now, it won't look very different at all. The reason I'm doing this is because the site loads soooo sloooowwwllllyyy in Internet Explorer because Internet Explorer blows.

(Actually it's because IE loads tables all at once, while Firefox actually goes through the code, so I'm switching to a CSS div-driven format, but whatever).

So, I'm thinking it'll be ready by Monday morning. Hopefully.

You can get a sneak peek of what it looks like here on this test page. Again, it won't look different, but it'll load a hell of a lot faster on IE:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009noad.php

My only problem right now is the black in the menu won't go down all the way. I can set it to X amount of pixels, but I don't know how to make it go down to the bottom of the screen (the 100 percent css tag doesn't work).

Oh, and it doesn't work in AOL's browser either because AOL doesn't recognize CSS code, but less than 1 percent of the world's population uses AOL's browser, so I'm not too worried. I'll put a note up on the site.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

And start jacking up post counts! Me first.

And he's right. It doesn't look any different.

Comment

I want to hire someone to completely re-design the site, maybe after the 2009 NFL Draft, but I'd just be content if it loaded quickly in IE for now.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I really think I need to convert to FireFox...Is it really that much better?

Comment

Yeah, you'll really be amazed.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I converted to Firefox in January and it is a huge difference. Plus you can have add ons and themes...Firefox truly blows IE out of the water.

I have to use IE to watch netflix.com movies though online.
            Last edited by Matt McGuire; 07-05-2008, 03:20 PM.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Firefox is like telling viruses to choke on your ****.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
              HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                I really think I need to convert to FireFox...Is it really that much better?
                Yes...FF3 is fast and has great addons like AdBlock Plus, Gmail & yahoo mail notifiers, and cool themes,
                And now for something completely different

Comment

My AdBlockPlus isn't working anymore. I have no idea why.

Comment

hey Walter, would you be cool with me helping make the template for you? PM me and we'll work something out.

Founder of ScarDraft
                    Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Firefox won't let me save pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        I want to hire someone to completely re-design the site, maybe after the 2009 NFL Draft, but I'd just be content if it loaded quickly in IE for now.
                        I've really been hoping you would. I was going to suggest it but I didn't want to put my nose where it didn't belong. I'm actually pretty good at that sort of stuff. I took 3 years of website design classes (one in highschool and two in college). I'll mess around with a test page for free if you want.

Comment

I suggested to Walter to hire someone to redesign the site (make it look more smooth like NFLDC), but I think the site is pretty good now.

The best part of the site is how convenient it is to use. That's what people like the most in a site as long as it doesn't look like a piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                            I've really been hoping you would. I was going to suggest it but I didn't want to put my nose where it didn't belong. I'm actually pretty good at that sort of stuff. I took 3 years of website design classes (one in highschool and two in college). I'll mess around with a test page for free if you want.
                            can you do coding? cause I can do graphics. so if we worked together we could have a template up in no time.

Founder of ScarDraft
                            Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Yeah, if you guys want to put something together and show me, for a projected launch of May '09, that would be cool.
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                              X