Stephen McGee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen McGee

I am watching the 2007 Alamo Bowl and Texas A&M Quarterback Stephen McGee is really catching my eye. He doesn't have the greatest numbers in this game but he has managed the game exceptionally well, made very good decisions with the ball, moved exceptionally well buying time, shown good vision, and isn't affraid to throw the ball away when being chased out of the pocket with no open recievers. He has the look of a promising prospect about him. What do you all think?
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Texas A&M has a new, but very good coaching staff next year and will run a west coast offense from what I've heard, so I will definately watch him.

I just feel like McGee is one of those solid mid round quarterbacks. I didn't think he was better than JDB last year...but yeah mid-late round (w00t for going out on a limb).
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      Texas A&M has a new, but very good coaching staff next year and will run a west coast offense from what I've heard, so I will definately watch him.

I just feel like McGee is one of those solid mid round quarterbacks. I didn't think he was better than JDB last year...but yeah mid-late round (w00t for going out on a limb).
      I hope that he fits into the West Coast well and improves his accuracy. If so he could jump into the second or third round. I will be watching him closely.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

He's much more mobile than JDB is. You have to like his numbers on the ground, although he isn't the dual threat that say... Michael Vick was. He did have an absolutely stellar game against Texas, so we know he can perform in the clutch. That's something that I don't see out of some of the other top prospects.
        - Also known as Dan.
        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

He also looks to pass first which you have to love. He doesn't get flustered. If he sees a hole he will take off.
          Last edited by Joey_Potter; 07-05-2008, 02:32 PM.

Comment

im watching the game too!

Comment

There's reason to be concerned, though. He did a lot worse in his junior year than his sophomore year. YPA down by about 1, 4% less accurate, and 6 more INT's. His Pass:INT Ratio went from 156.5 to 45.5. Still better than some of the other top QB's of 2007 (Brohm, Ryan), but still a lot worse than he did before.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

He was a top QB prospect but was stuck in an option like offense under their former head coach. He's mobile and has a strong arm so if he performs above average this year he will most likely shoot up draft boards, especially with the questions in this years QB class.

Comment

The problem with the option offense Kid is that it is predictible. Then if the team goes with the Triple Option they need time to gain a repor with the Fullback and Quarterback that is usually reserved for Running Back and Quarterback which is much more complicated. Then they read it and you have three or five defenders for three blockers. The running back has to be quick and shifty to avoid and outrun defenders. It helps the quarterback with his playaction, learning to sell a fake handoff. However other than that everything revolves around running. That doesn't bode well for any quarterback unless you are 250-280 pounds or your name is Michael Vick.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                    The problem with the option offense Kid is that it is predictible. Then if the team goes with the Triple Option they need time to gain a repor with the Fullback and Quarterback that is usually reserved for Running Back and Quarterback which is much more complicated. Then they read it and you have three or five defenders for three blockers. The running back has to be quick and shifty to avoid and outrun defenders. It helps the quarterback with his playaction, learning to sell a fake handoff. However other than that everything revolves around running. That doesn't bode well for any quarterback unless you are 250-280 pounds or your name is Michael Vick.
                    I understand that. What did that have to do with my post? I said he was stuck in an option under Dennis Franchonie or whatever his name was. Under this new west coast offense he'll be able to show off his passing skills more than he has in year's past.

Comment

I just wanted to spout more of my knowledge a bit. I have'nt done it since I last coached 4 years ago. You remind me a bit of a kid I used to coach only without the violent dimeaner. So I figured what the hell. Fits into the conversation too.

Comment

I just wanted to spout more of my knowledge a bit. I have'nt done it since I last coached 4 years ago. You remind me a bit of a kid I used to coach only without the violent dimeaner. So I figured what the hell. Fits into the conversation too.
                        Thank you. I love getting tips on coaching. Yeah I'm not violent at all. Just don't see the point in it. Love playing tackle and guard though. That's where it starts. Yeah I'd love to get some tips from you if I ever have a question.

Comment

I was an offensive Tackle. Defensive End and Tackle. Also worked some with Quarterbacks Fullbacks, Running Backs, and Tight Ends.

Comment

I was an offensive Tackle. Defensive End and Tackle. Also worked some with Quarterbacks Fullbacks, Running Backs, and Tight Ends.
                            I can play all 4 spots on the line. Effectivley? TBA lol. No, I'm ok at all 4 spots though I'm more fit for the inside though against smaller tackles I can provide a pass rush.

Angelo Carriero: Just OT/DL
                            Joey_Potter: ATH lol

Comment

Athlete my a$$. I was usually one of the bottom 5 Athletes out there at any time. I used my knowledge of fundamentals and a quick first step to beat my guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X