Future of the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of the NFL

Every generation has that phase where the old quarterbacks who we grow up watching fade away and we usher in a new era. I think with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady Both on the wrong side of thirty and Brett Favre already in retirement (supposedly) we are only a few years away from that time. I want everyone to rank their QBs of the future. Who will be the Peyton Manning/Tom Brady Elites in a few years, and the best of the rest once our current superstars are gone.

My top 10

1.)Ben Roethlisberger.

2.)Aaron Rodgers

These two will be the future's version of Peyton and Tom.

3.)Jay Cutler.

4.)Phillip Rivers.

5.)Eli manning

6.)Trent Edwards

7.)Jason Campbell

8.)Vince Young

9.)Brady Quinn

10.)Kevin Oconnell

Wouldn’t it be better if we based this on players we have actually seen play?

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
      Wouldn’t it be better if we based this on players we have actually seen play?
      no

Comment

Jay Cutler for sure. The guy is the next NFL superstar. He's got a huge arm, very underrated athleticism, good football IQ, that elite competitive fire and the massive set of balls and gunslinger mentality that made Favre legendary and undeniably fun to watch.

I know Roethlisberger has his winning percentage and SB victory, but for me personally the jury is still out on him. There is no questioning he's a top tier QB (top 5) and has all the tools but there is no way he is remotely close to manning and brady. And I'm sincerely hoping you didn't just compare Aaron Rodgers to Peyton Manning...the two-time MVP, Super Bowl winner, soon to be holder of every major passing record Peyton Manning?

You also have to keep in mind that we as fans are extremely lucky for the privilege to watch two once in a generation talents go through the summits of their careers simultaneously. It's sort of like Tiger and Phil, because really if it wasn't for Tiger we'd be talking about Mickelson as one of the all-time greats up there with Jack and Arnie. Manning and Brady are football gods and will go down as two of the best ever, so you can't really compare anyone out there to them.
        Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
        The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
        THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
        THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

no tony romo?

Comment

I think the next great QBs have yet to be drafted but I think Roethlisberger is probably the closest to elite in the second tier of QBs.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
            HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Why is O'Connell on the list but not all the QB's drafted ahead of him (Ryan, Flacco, Brohm, Henne)?

Ryan is the one who is supposed to possess a similar arm and comparable intangibles to Peyton
              The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat

Comment

Originally posted by the shock doctor View Post
                Why is O'Connell on the list but not all the QB's drafted ahead of him (Ryan, Flacco, Brohm, Henne)?

Ryan is the one who is supposed to possess a similar arm and comparable intangibles to Peyton
                Probably because Ryan, Flacco, Brohm, and Henne all have major questions they have to answer. No QB in this class really projects to be great right now so O'Connell could certainly be the best QB of the class.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

No **** they have questions, everybody has questions, still not a good enough reason to put a third round project QB ahead of the 3rd overall pick

Comment

Here's my list based on potential and supporting cast:

1. Carson Palmer

2. Tony Romo

3. Ben Roethlisberger

4. Jamarcus Russell

5. Aaron Rodgers

6. Phillip Rivers

7. Matt Ryan

8. Vince Young

9. Jason Campbell

10. Jay Cutler

Cleveland Browns QB was left out due to uncertianty.

Palmer is the best and will continue being the best from what indications show.

Romo doesn't have any weapons for the future but should eventually.

Roth-burger has all the tools and talent to succeed. Except an O-Line.

Russell is the most talented QB and showed flashes in their last game last year. His stock is on the rise for the future.

Aaron Rodgers has all the weapons, talents, and a line to succeed.

Rivers is in a bit of a crossroads in the future without LT. If they start losing, hopefully he doesn't turn into Ryan Leaf II.

Matt Ryan's stock is also on the rise because of the talent he has around him (White, Robinson, Turner). Like Berger and Russell he needs a line.

Vince Young is a general but no troops at wide receiver ultimately downs his stock.

Campbell may not be the most talented but his cast sure is. Cooley, Davis, Thomas, Kelly, and a running back to be named later will flourish.

Cutler is an enigma. He has everything but has yet to put it together. And his future with Denver doesn't look clear. With the all reliable (sarcasm) Brandon Marshall he has magic but if Eddie Royal doesn't pan out he has one receiver, one tight end, one lineman, and one coach to rely on... If that coach is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by the shock doctor View Post
                      No **** they have questions, everybody has questions, still not a good enough reason to put a third round project QB ahead of the 3rd overall pick
                      You're right. It would have been totally idiotic to predict that Tom Brady would be a better QB than Chad Pennington.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I had Palmer and Romo #1 and #2 the first time I did it, but I decided that I would go a little bit younger.

I'm also not insinuating that Ben Roethlisberger is the next Manning im just saying then if there is a top 2 duo like we have now in the future big ben could be in it.

I put Kevin Oconnell because I think he has the least bust potential of all of them. He's going to sit behind the world's greates QB for a few years, and then hopefully be inserted to a star studded offense.

Anyway I just threw that list together in 5 minutes I'm really not going to defend it, I just want to see everyone else's list

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                          Here's my list based on potential and supporting cast:

1. Carson Palmer

2. Tony Romo

3. Ben Roethlisberger

4. Jamarcus Russell

5. Aaron Rodgers

6. Phillip Rivers

7. Matt Ryan

8. Vince Young

9. Jason Campbell

10. Jay Cutler

Cleveland Browns QB was left out due to uncertianty.

Palmer is the best and will continue being the best from what indications show.

Romo doesn't have any weapons for the future but should eventually.

Roth-burger has all the tools and talent to succeed. Except an O-Line.

Russell is the most talented QB and showed flashes in their last game last year. His stock is on the rise for the future.

Aaron Rodgers has all the weapons, talents, and a line to succeed.

Rivers is in a bit of a crossroads in the future without LT. If they start losing, hopefully he doesn't turn into Ryan Leaf II.

Matt Ryan's stock is also on the rise because of the talent he has around him (White, Robinson, Turner). Like Berger and Russell he needs a line.

Vince Young is a general but no troops at wide receiver ultimately downs his stock.

Campbell may not be the most talented but his cast sure is. Cooley, Davis, Thomas, Kelly, and a running back to be named later will flourish.

Cutler is an enigma. He has everything but has yet to put it together. And his future with Denver doesn't look clear. With the all reliable (sarcasm) Brandon Marshall he has magic but if Eddie Royal doesn't pan out he has one receiver, one tight end, one lineman, and one coach to rely on... If that coach is still there.
                          I disagree with the statement that Jason Campbell isn't talented. I think he is far more talented than any QB taken in this years draft, including Ryan and Flacco.

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                            You're right. It would have been totally idiotic to predict that Tom Brady would be a better QB than Chad Pennington.
                            You're right. From now on let's predict Late Round QB's to always be better than top 5 picks because of Tom Brady. Good logic

Comment

Originally posted by TRICKaz View Post
                              I disagree with the statement that Jason Campbell isn't talented. I think he is far more talented than any QB taken in this years draft, including Ryan and Flacco.
                              I said he isn't the most talented, meaning on that list of 10 players not that he isn't talented.

Comment

Working...
                              X