3. Ben Roethlisberger

4. Jamarcus Russell

5. Aaron Rodgers

6. Phillip Rivers

7. Matt Ryan

8. Vince Young

9. Jason Campbell

10. Jay Cutler
    Here's why the Fantasy Football Era has completely destroyed football analysis.

Folks give so much credit to stats - they fail to see what makes a QB a true winner.

I love Palmer, but at this level, he has shown himself to be a Dan Marino (stat whore, comes up short in big games).

Tony Romo is the biggest choker I have seen in years -- people ride his jock because he plays for the storied Cowboys franchise and bangs Jessica Simpson (which is clearly the highest achievement he will ever reach in life).

Big Ben is clearly #1, and will only get better with more weapons around him.

VY, Campbell and Russell are living off their college glory - and are clearly overrated on this board. Of the 3, Russell has the most upside, if only because his team can't go any lower (can they?).
    sigpic

------------------------------------------------
    Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanSteelerBear View Post

Folks give so much credit to stats - they fail to see what makes a QB a true winner.

I love Palmer, but at this level, he has shown himself to be a Dan Marino (stat whore, comes up short in big games).

Tony Romo is the biggest choker I have seen in years -- people ride his jock because he plays for the storied Cowboys franchise and bangs Jessica Simpson (which is clearly the highest achievement he will ever reach in life).

VY, Campbell and Russell are living off their college glory - and are clearly overrated on this board. Of the 3, Russell has the most upside, if only because his team can't go any lower (can they?).
      Couldn't have put it better myself. If not for the Rose Bowl, VY would be benched.

Comment

Current QB Reincarnates:
        The Next Peyton(incredible stats every year): Carson Palmer
        The Next Tom(wins a ton): Ben Roethlisberger
        The Next Brett: Jay Cutler
        The Next Matt H.(backup to superstar): David Garrard (even though he isn't young)
        The Next Donovan: Tarvaris Jackson
        Other:
        Trent Edwards
        Philip Rivers
        Tony Romo
        Eli Manning
        Matt Schaub

Comment

Is there any higher acheivement then banging Jessica Simpson?

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
            The only reason why I did that is because Norseman has Tarvaris Jackson sucks on his.
            Yeah, but the difference is that my sig line depicts reality, your's just makes you into more of a homer.

Nobody believes that Tavaris Jackson is anything more than terrible, except for a handfull of very vocal fools like yourself... most of whom are black and/or are from the Twin Cities area, and they willingly eat up ever complete BS word that the press up there spews out every week.

Face it dude, Jackson just plain sucks, and at his very best, he's only backup material. Stop reading Viking Update / Startribune and make up your own mind.
            sigpic
            WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
            PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
            NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
            Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
            Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
            MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
            PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
            Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
            Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
            ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
            Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
            TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
            InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
            Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
            EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
            EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
            Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
            BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
            Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Jay Cutler and Trent Edwards are all I'm interested in at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
                Yeah, but the difference is that my sig line depicts reality, your's just makes you into more of a homer.

Nobody believes that Tavaris Jackson is anything more than terrible, except for a handfull of very vocal fools like yourself... most of whom are black and/or are from the Twin Cities area, and they willingly eat up ever complete BS word that the press up there spews out every week.

Face it dude, Jackson just plain sucks, and at his very best, he's only backup material. Stop reading Viking Update / Startribune and make up your own mind.

Sorry dude but you are a clueless joke. Nobody in the right mind that knows anything about football judges a QB after one season of play. It's just plain common sense.

You are a complete disgrace to all Viking fans. You probably don't even watch the games you just look at his stats.

Comment

I like Tarvaris, I hope he can do well. This is coming from a Bills fan.

I think with the additions of Berrian and Allen, he can be just enough to get this team over the top.

My predicted stats for him:

12 passing TDs.

10 INTs

58% Completion

350 rushing yds

5 Rush Tds

2400 passing yards.

He may not have Manning-esque numbers, but he can still be slightly above average.

Comment

Vince Young is a straight thug, no question about it.

Romo and Palmer are stat whore's but who gives a ****. They are very good quarterbacks and have all of the ability in the world to lead their team to the promise land.

R-Berg is going to be good if he can keep his head from slamming into a car. He's a game manager and has a big arm.
                    Russell and Ryan are on their because it's a 5 year projection or however long it's supposed to be.

You also have to take in supporting casts.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                      The only reason why I did that is because Norseman has Tarvaris Jackson sucks on his.

I the the word use. "Retard" Real mature buddy.
                      It still doesn't decide the fact that Jackson sucks. If you put a donkey at center for the vikes, they'd still win games because of every position besides QB. Anyone could win games with the Vikings. Jackson only does worse for the vikes, if they had a respectable QB maybe opposing defenses wouldn't put 9 in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                        Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                          Why?

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                            Vince Young is a straight thug, no question about it.

Vince Young hasn't done siht in the NFL, no question about it!

Romo and Palmer are stat whore's but who gives a ****. They are very good quarterbacks and have all of the ability in the world to lead their team to the promise land.

All the ability in the world + $3.95 gets you a nonfat, vanilla latte at Starbucks. You actually have to be a WINNER at this level, and both of these guys (thus far) have proven to be losers.

R-Berg is going to be good if he can keep his head from slamming into a car. He's a game manager and has a big arm.

See, here's where you prove you don't know squat about football analysis. You're just parroting crap you've heard on ESPN, and not even that recently.

A "game manager"?? Question: Who had the second highest passer rating in the NFL, second only to Tom Brady? Big Ben.

Who just threw for 3,154 yards in a season? Big Ben.

Who threw Touchdowns to Picks at a rate of damn near 3 to 1? (32 to 11) Same guy.

Who threw TDs to picks at 1.3:1? Palmer. Who threw TDs to picks at 1.9 to 1? Romo. (Same guy who helped his team choke away their last 2 playoff games).

Russell and Ryan are on their because it's a 5 year projection or however long it's supposed to be.

You also have to take in supporting casts.

I do that. The only reason Big Ben didn't throw for more yards than Palmer/Romo is that the Steelers actually have a RUNNING GAME (or did, until FWP went down). Game manager my ass.
                            Big Ben is clearly the best QB in the league < 30, and it's not even close.
                            sigpic

Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Big Ben is clearly the best QB in the league < 30, and it's not even close.
                              While that is very true, the Palmer hate in that post is so blind.

Ben had a by far better running game and defense, plus more weapons, so to put Palmer down like that when he nothing to work with unlike Ben is pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
                                While that is very true, the Palmer hate in that post is so blind.

Ben had a by far better running game and defense, plus more weapons, so to put Palmer down like that when he nothing to work with unlike Ben is pretty ridiculous.
                                I don't hate Palmer, in any way, shape or form.

Take a look at my sig: I am well documented as the biggest USC homer on this board. And, unlike some other schools, when you are a Trojan, you are a Trojan for life.

I graduated from SC the year before he arrived, and I've seen the highs and lows of his CFB career -- believe me, I love what he did for us.

Which makes my critique of him all the more objective: I absolutely love him on a personal (character) level, and on a Trojan Family level.

As of this point in his NFL career, he has proven not to be able to get it done.

And you must be on crack if you think Palmer has had fewer weapons over his career than Ben.

Chad Johnson + TJ Houseyourdaddy + Chris Henry -- he has had a better receiving corps (overall) than Ben has almost every year without exception (hence the glorified passing stats).

To a fantasy league homer, stats alone justify the pick.

But to be called a truly "elite" QB at this level, you have to achieve more.
                                sigpic

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Working...
                                X