13.5 sacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13.5 sacks

That's how many David Diehl gave up last year. If you're going to give the "5 star" Elite tag to a team, maybe they should be able to adequately pass block and run block?

Now that the standards for O-line has gone down for ratings, Cleveland deserves 5 stars because they made Jamal Lewis and Derek Anderson look good.

As a Giants homer, I agee. The Offensive line is a 5 star run blocking line, but a 3 star pass blocking line. I see no reason though, to think that Diehl will give up 13.5 sacks next season.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Where'd you get the 13.5 sack figure from? I read he allowed just five sacks per the sportingnews.com
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/p...d=6496&team=19

Comment

That number doesn't seem right, but I guess the Washington Post is a pretty reliable source.

I also have to wonder when those sacks occurred. Diehl was learning on the job after moving from left guard to left tackle.

I doubt he even comes close to 13.5 sacks allowed in his second year at LT. Remember, these star ratings are based on what I think will happen in '08; not what already happened in '07. Diehl played really well down the stretch.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

It looked like he fell asleep on a couple of plays last year but he did fine, especially when it counted. If you watched the games you didn’t really notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
              It looked like he fell asleep on a couple of plays last year but he did fine, especially when it counted. If you watched the games you didn’t really notice it.
              I would never want a starting lineman on my team described as falling asleep on a couple plays. That's not a good thing at all.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
              HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                I would never want a starting lineman on my team described as falling asleep on a couple plays. That's not a good thing at all.
                The guy just ran right by him. He’ll be fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                  That number doesn't seem right, but I guess the Washington Post is a pretty reliable source.

I also have to wonder when those sacks occurred. Diehl was learning on the job after moving from left guard to left tackle.

I doubt he even comes close to 13.5 sacks allowed in his second year at LT. Remember, these star ratings are based on what I think will happen in '08; not what already happened in '07. Diehl played really well down the stretch.
                  OK, so NFL.com tells us that Eli Manning got sacked 27 times.

Diehl= 13.5
                  Mackenzie= 4
                  Snee=1.5
                  O'Hare= 1.5
                  Seubert= 2

That gives up 22.5 and the rest are just backups and TEs and ****.

He didn't do better in the Postseason. How did Adalius Thomas get all those sacks in the Super Bowl?

Comment

Tony Romo got sacked just three less times, and Dallas' RBs averaged less per carry than New York's...

So why not have more beef with my Dallas 5-star OL ranking?
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Because they don't have a huge gaping hole at Left Tackle. I'm not gonna question every single ranking. You can't keep being so inconsistent with your rankings and then try and divert me when I question them. I don't care about Dallas, let's talk about David Diehl.

Comment

No, it's a fair point. You brought up stats and so did I. You said my rankings were inconsistent, and I just proved that they weren't per the previous post. And David Diehl is far from a huge gaping hole. Funny that the Giants re-signed a "huge gaping hole" to a big contract.
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                          No, it's a fair point. You brought up stats and so did I. You said my rankings were inconsistent, and I just proved that they weren't per the previous post. And David Diehl is far from a huge gaping hole. Funny that the Giants re-signed a "huge gaping hole" to a big contract.
                          So? Tommy Kelly is getting paid like a top-5 D-linemen. Does that make him elite?

Diehl's contract even mentions a separate wage if he is playing guard. Clearly, there are thoughts about him moving back inside.

Comment

13.5 sacks would definitely qualify as a gaping hole.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                            HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Walt gives 5 stars out like MLB 2K8 gives out 100 player ratings.

I have to say that unless you're considered elite unanimously, you shouldn't get 5 stars. I like my system, it's more clear:

5 stars- top 5 unit
                              4 stars- top 10 unit
                              3 stars- 11-22 (could do 3 and a half stars 11-16)
                              2 stars- bottom 10
                              1 star- bottom 5

Comment

Working...
                              X