Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFC South All Fantasy Team

NFC South All Fantasy Team

QB: Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints- Drew Brees is one of the most prolific quarterbacks in terms of statistics since 2004. Last season Brees passed for 4,423 yards, good for second best in the NFL, 28 touchdowns, 67.5 completion percentage, and an NFL record 440 completions. He has an arsenal that consists of one of the best young receivers in the NFL in Marques Colston, Robert Meachum, Devery Henderson, David Patten, and rookie Adrian Arrington. Tight end is also a big factor in the Saints passing game along with running back Reggie Bush. To top it off, the Saints have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, headlined by Jamal Brown. His competition is Jeff Garcia, Jake Delhomme, and rookie Matt Ryan. Don’t expect much early from Ryan, if at all. Delhomme is coming off Tommy John surgery and though he should be fine, they don’t have a reliable tight end or an established receiver other than Steve Smith. Jeff Garcia had the second best passer rating last year but his weapons consist of Joey Galloway, Michael Clayton, Ike Hilliard, Maurice Stovall, and rookie Dexter Jackson. Not impressive. Their tight ends consist of Alex Smith, Ben Troupe, and Jeremy Stevens who will all be vying for the starting job. You know what they say, if you have three tight ends battling for the starting job you usually have a bunch of crap. Well, I’ve never heard that, but that’s what it seems like in Tampa if Alex Smith can’t turn back into his rookie form. Overall, Brees is the unquestioned #1 in the South.

RB: Earnest Graham, Tampa Bay Buccaneers- The NFC South is probably the most lackluster conference in the NFL in terms of running backs. I decided to judge them by offensive lines and two back sets. The one running back to me that shines is Michael Turner honestly but I don’t trust the Atlanta offensive line at all so I wouldn’t trust him. Graham has the best interior in the NFL on his side in Aaron Sears, Jeff Faine, and Davin Joseph. He will be the feature back this year while Cadillac Williams is nursing his knee. He will be getting the rock a lot this year as well with the passing offense hinging on Jeff Garcia. He almost eclipsed 1,000 rushing yards last year and should go well over that number this year and get over 10 rushing touchdowns.

RB: Reggie Bush, New Orleans Saints- Here he is. He’s been the most disappointing player in the NFL the last two years, due to ungodly expectations of being great right away. I have not quit on Bush and I think this will be his coming out party. Bush has unparalleled athleticism and great speed. I don’t think the coaching staff has quit on him and he will be the one to carry the rock this year. Full time. I expect 1,300 rushing yards and over 15 total touchdowns. If he performs to anywhere near this level he can rest easy, but he will have to work. His reception numbers should go down but still stay in the 40-50 range. I believe this because he is a great football player and though he hasn’t proven that at the NFL, he should adjust nicely this year and prove all of his doubters wrong. If you don’t trust Bush go for a Jonathan Stewart/DeAngelo Williams combo. Their offensive line is built for power running and that is Stewart all over. For the big plays they’ll go to Williams and I think the team, with these two healthy, will amass over 1,800 rushing yards.

WR: Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints- If Reggie Bush performs to the level I expect he will, Colston should have a huge year. This is because with the threat of Bush, teams will have to put 7-8 in the box to contain him and leave Colston to do his magic. Colston is widely considered the steal of the decade for good reason. He’s only been in the NFL for two years and he’s already racked up over 2,000 receiving yards. He has the most receptions in NFL history for a player in his first two seasons and racked up 11 touchdowns last year to convince you more to make him one of the first wide outs off the board. With pass happy Drew Brees and a healthy offense, Colston should prove to be a top 3 receiver.

WR: Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers- He’s one of the best in the game and he has been for a couple of seasons. Last season he didn’t disappoint, but he didn’t necessarily set the league on fire. Though he shuffled through four different quarterbacks he managed 87 receptions, 1,002 yards, and touchdowns. Not bad but not Steve Smith like. I think he can rebound big time with a new running game and D.J. Hackett as the number two this year.

TE: Eric Johnson, New Orleans- This division has the worst crop of tight ends period. Only one is draftable! That would be Eric Johnson. He should get some balls thrown his way in the Saints potent offense. I expect pretty modest numbers but he should have his moment where he comes up big. Think around 500-600 yards and 5-7 touchdowns. Alex Smith from Tampa is your only other option and that’s if you are desperate or he performs up to his ability he showed as a rookie. Keep an eye on him.

K: Matt Bryant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Bryant should put up decent field goal numbers as long as the Bucs can pound the ball down field. The Saints should score the most point in the division but they have a rookie kicker, though that isn’t such a bad thing after Mason Crosby and Nick Folk last season. Go for Bryant if you don’t have a kicker late but if not I’d stay away from this division when it comes to kickers.

DEF: Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Is there any question? Until New Orleans, Carolina, and Atlanta step it up the Bucs can’t be questioned. The reason why I say this is because all three of those D’s are up and coming but have holes they need to fill before they can challenge Tampa. The Buccaneers are nearly unblemished an all three levels off their defense from the line to ‘backers to the secondary. Gaines Adams heads a defensive line that is probably the most questionable part of this unit. Adams had six sacks despite starting only eight games, not to mention sacking Eli Manning in their lone playoff game. If he can build on his rookie year like Mario Williams did last season, he makes them scary. Dewayne White had a great year considered no one expected much from him finishing with eight sacks. Jovan Haye mans the middle, collecting six sacks last season. Barrett Ruud, Cato June, and Derrick Brooks lead one of the best line backing trio’s in the NFL. Brooks is still resilient at age 35 and should be consistent this season. Ruud turned into a stud last season. He led the team with 114 tackles and was the answer to Shelton Quarles retirement. June came over from Indy’s Tamap-2 and didn’t lose a beat. The secondary is a great with the surprise of Tanard Jackson at free safety. Most expected him be their corner because of his strength and size but he turned out to be one of the best free safety’s in the NFL. Ronde Barber is solid and his heir apparent was drafted this year in Aqib Talib. He is a prototype for this defense and if he can get caught up to this league quickly, he and Jermaine Phillips can shut down half of the field while Barber and Jackson shut down the other half. This defense could be the best in the NFL by the end of the year if these two things happen: 1. Adams and Talib star and 2. Brooks and Barber don’t drop off. I think that happens and the unit shuts down their opponents.

Comments?

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
    NFC South All Fantasy Team

QB: Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints- Drew Brees is one of the most prolific quarterbacks in terms of statistics since 2004. Last season Brees passed for 4,423 yards, good for second best in the NFL, 28 touchdowns, 67.5 completion percentage, and an NFL record 440 completions. He has an arsenal that consists of one of the best young receivers in the NFL in Marques Colston, Robert Meachum, Devery Henderson, David Patten, and rookie Adrian Arrington. Tight end is also a big factor in the Saints passing game along with running back Reggie Bush. To top it off, the Saints have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, headlined by Jamal Brown. His competition is Jeff Garcia, Jake Delhomme, and rookie Matt Ryan. Don’t expect much early from Ryan, if at all. Delhomme is coming off Tommy John surgery and though he should be fine, they don’t have a reliable tight end or an established receiver other than Steve Smith. Jeff Garcia had the second best passer rating last year but his weapons consist of Joey Galloway, Michael Clayton, Ike Hilliard, Maurice Stovall, and rookie Dexter Jackson. Not impressive. Their tight ends consist of Alex Smith, Ben Troupe, and Jeremy Stevens who will all be vying for the starting job. You know what they say, if you have three tight ends battling for the starting job you usually have a bunch of crap. Well, I’ve never heard that, but that’s what it seems like in Tampa if Alex Smith can’t turn back into his rookie form. Overall, Brees is the unquestioned #1 in the South.

RB: Earnest Graham, Tampa Bay Buccaneers- The NFC South is probably the most lackluster conference in the NFL in terms of running backs. I decided to judge them by offensive lines and two back sets. The one running back to me that shines is Michael Turner honestly but I don’t trust the Atlanta offensive line at all so I wouldn’t trust him. Graham has the best interior in the NFL on his side in Aaron Sears, Jeff Faine, and Davin Joseph. He will be the feature back this year while Cadillac Williams is nursing his knee. He will be getting the rock a lot this year as well with the passing offense hinging on Jeff Garcia. He almost eclipsed 1,000 rushing yards last year and should go well over that number this year and get over 10 rushing touchdowns.

RB: Reggie Bush, New Orleans Saints- Here he is. He’s been the most disappointing player in the NFL the last two years, due to ungodly expectations of being great right away. I have not quit on Bush and I think this will be his coming out party. Bush has unparalleled athleticism and great speed. I don’t think the coaching staff has quit on him and he will be the one to carry the rock this year. Full time. I expect 1,300 rushing yards and over 15 total touchdowns. If he performs to anywhere near this level he can rest easy, but he will have to work. His reception numbers should go down but still stay in the 40-50 range. I believe this because he is a great football player and though he hasn’t proven that at the NFL, he should adjust nicely this year and prove all of his doubters wrong. If you don’t trust Bush go for a Jonathan Stewart/DeAngelo Williams combo. Their offensive line is built for power running and that is Stewart all over. For the big plays they’ll go to Williams and I think the team, with these two healthy, will amass over 1,800 rushing yards.

WR: Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints- If Reggie Bush performs to the level I expect he will, Colston should have a huge year. This is because with the threat of Bush, teams will have to put 7-8 in the box to contain him and leave Colston to do his magic. Colston is widely considered the steal of the decade for good reason. He’s only been in the NFL for two years and he’s already racked up over 2,000 receiving yards. He has the most receptions in NFL history for a player in his first two seasons and racked up 11 touchdowns last year to convince you more to make him one of the first wide outs off the board. With pass happy Drew Brees and a healthy offense, Colston should prove to be a top 3 receiver.

WR: Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers- He’s one of the best in the game and he has been for a couple of seasons. Last season he didn’t disappoint, but he didn’t necessarily set the league on fire. Though he shuffled through four different quarterbacks he managed 87 receptions, 1,002 yards, and touchdowns. Not bad but not Steve Smith like. I think he can rebound big time with a new running game and D.J. Hackett as the number two this year.

TE: Eric Johnson, New Orleans- This division has the worst crop of tight ends period. Only one is draftable! That would be Eric Johnson. He should get some balls thrown his way in the Saints potent offense. I expect pretty modest numbers but he should have his moment where he comes up big. Think around 500-600 yards and 5-7 touchdowns. Alex Smith from Tampa is your only other option and that’s if you are desperate or he performs up to his ability he showed as a rookie. Keep an eye on him.

K: Matt Bryant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Bryant should put up decent field goal numbers as long as the Bucs can pound the ball down field. The Saints should score the most point in the division but they have a rookie kicker, though that isn’t such a bad thing after Mason Crosby and Nick Folk last season. Go for Bryant if you don’t have a kicker late but if not I’d stay away from this division when it comes to kickers.

DEF: Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Is there any question? Until New Orleans, Carolina, and Atlanta step it up the Bucs can’t be questioned. The reason why I say this is because all three of those D’s are up and coming but have holes they need to fill before they can challenge Tampa. The Buccaneers are nearly unblemished an all three levels off their defense from the line to ‘backers to the secondary. Gaines Adams heads a defensive line that is probably the most questionable part of this unit. Adams had six sacks despite starting only eight games, not to mention sacking Eli Manning in their lone playoff game. If he can build on his rookie year like Mario Williams did last season, he makes them scary. Dewayne White had a great year considered no one expected much from him finishing with eight sacks. Jovan Haye mans the middle, collecting six sacks last season. Barrett Ruud, Cato June, and Derrick Brooks lead one of the best line backing trio’s in the NFL. Brooks is still resilient at age 35 and should be consistent this season. Ruud turned into a stud last season. He led the team with 114 tackles and was the answer to Shelton Quarles retirement. June came over from Indy’s Tamap-2 and didn’t lose a beat. The secondary is a great with the surprise of Tanard Jackson at free safety. Most expected him be their corner because of his strength and size but he turned out to be one of the best free safety’s in the NFL. Ronde Barber is solid and his heir apparent was drafted this year in Aqib Talib. He is a prototype for this defense and if he can get caught up to this league quickly, he and Jermaine Phillips can shut down half of the field while Barber and Jackson shut down the other half. This defense could be the best in the NFL by the end of the year if these two things happen: 1. Adams and Talib star and 2. Brooks and Barber don’t drop off. I think that happens and the unit shuts down their opponents.

Comments?
    Deuce Mcalister is the best running back in the NFC South if he's healthy, but I'm going to agree with you on your RB rank since he might not be.

I have to disagree with Reggie Bush though, because like Williams and Mcalister he has injury issues. I think Reggie Bush was drafted for the wrong reasons. You can't expect him to be a feature back, because he wasn't even a feature back in college. I think in the right system he could be a Tiki Barber type of player but he's never going to be a fantasy stud. But hey he doesn't have to be, he's still a stunning playmaker catching the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
      Dewayne White had a great year considered no one expected much from him finishing with eight sacks.
      Um... that's nice. He actually got 6.5 sacks but I'm very unclear on how that helped Tampa one bit.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I think if the Saints Dtackles pan out they could have the meanest pass rush in the division next year, but I still agree that Tampa has the best D in the NFC South, by a pretty wide margin

Comment

I think Jonathan Stewart is the best NFC South RB in Fantasy.

Graham is going to have to split carries with Warrick Dunn, Michael Bennett, and possibly Cadillac Williams. Not to mention Tampa should be better in the passing game.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Ah good point I forgot about J-stew. I always forget we're talking about fantasy not overall skill

Comment

Originally posted by TRICKaz View Post
              Ah good point I forgot about J-stew. I always forget we're talking about fantasy not overall skill
              J-Stew? Why are nicknames so uninspired nowadays?

Comment

IDK if thats even his nickname its just easier to type

Comment

No Michael Turner? No Johnathan Stewart?
                  "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
                  -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                    Um... that's nice. He actually got 6.5 sacks but I'm very unclear on how that helped Tampa one bit.
                    No, he had 8 sacks. Lindy's magazine said he led the team with 8 and Gaines had 6. Haye may have had 6.5 but White had 8.

Comment

Working...
                    X