Favre wants release from Packers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre wants release from Packers

It looks like Brett Favre still isn't ready to retire as he asked the Packers to release him so he could return to the NFL with another team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

Brett, grab a cigar, walk to your front porch and chill... It's over...

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
      Brett, grab a cigar, walk to your front porch and chill... It's over...
      haha no doubt
      Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
      The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
      THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
      THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

jason taylor, welcome to green bay.

brett, welcome to another team to go 4-12.

Comment

Didn't he want to be traded last year when TT wouldn't go for Moss (which I approved of, I've rather have a young OL to add depth than an old seam route runner that's mooned us...). It's fair to say he's the best QB of Packers lore (Starr benefited from a dominate, 2-back era ground game), but damn! this is the 5th year he's tortured us...go play somewhere else. We'll still love ya for helping (keyword HELPING) bring back Titletown to relativity and your excitement after a TD, but seriously...you're 39 and have achieve FAR FAR FAR more than the anyone who's played the game. You looked old against da bears and the giants in the playoffs. But we offered you to come back and you turned it down....
          And now for something completely different

Comment

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

WSSP radio in Milwaukee reports that the Vikings have made initial inquiries about Brett Favre, "pending his release from the Packers."

The station's website claims it will have more about the story in the coming future. Minnesota could and should have interest in Favre, but we strongly doubt that Favre will be released. If the Vikings want him as a potential one- or two-year fix, they'll probably have to come up with a trade package. Favre's agent, Bus Cook, brokered the Steve McNair deal (Baltimore sent Tennessee a conditional fourth-rounder for McNair in '06) two offseasons ago, so he has experience dealing with this sort of thing.

Comment

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

A client of Brett Favre's agent, Bus Cook, is reportedly saying that Cook and Favre are targeting Miami and Carolina as the "most likely" landing spots if the Packers let him go.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel even suggests Cook has had conversations with both the Panthers and Fins. It's become clear that GM Ted Thompson will not cut Favre outright, but is more than willing to shop him around. Packers beat writer Tom Silverstein ends his blog post with "let the bidding begin."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tampa Tribune believes Bucs coach Jon Gruden will "be first in line" in the Brett Favre bidding if the Packers take him off reserve/retired.

Gruden got Bucs management to give up a draft pick for waffling QB Jake Plummer, so think of what he'd get them to part with for Favre. We're not sure if Gruden and Favre were at all close when Gruden coached the Green Bay wide receivers from 1994-1995, but they do have some history. For what it's worth, we don't think there's a better fit across the league.

Comment

Stay retired Brett. Let your legacy be sealed.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                  Stay retired Brett. Let your legacy be sealed.

Well, he is for sure coming back so his legacy is already crushed. This guy is all about him self. Why would you put an organization in the position he has put the Packers in?

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers try to get some sort of deal with Favre where they'd allow him to go to any team that isn't in the NFC North. Baltimore, Tampa, and Carolina all sound like the most logical spots for Favre to go to, because Green Bay would be insane to let Favre walk to Minnesota.
                    - Also known as Dan.
                    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I predict Favre gets hurt this year.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                        I predict Favre gets hurt this year.
                        But Favre is the iron man!

Comment

If Favre goes to Tampa that gives up a big arm Gruden has never had, but it also gives Gruden an arm that turns the ball over a lot.

I have mixed feelings about Favre going to Tampa Bay.
                          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I'm calling it right now...Favre to the Ravens.

That is the most logical spot for him. Buss Cooke who is Favre agent was also the agent for Steve McNair who the Ravens took a chance on.

They should be a playoff contender with Favre and that would be a perfect situation for Flacco to sit back and learn for a few years.

Comment

This ruins everything!

Comment

Working...
                              X