Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Packers don't release Favre...Aaron Rodgers (re-)declared starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: Packers don't release Favre...Aaron Rodgers (re-)declared starter

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2378529

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3484473

The Packers told Favre they won't release him...they also told him he will come back as the backup.

Gotta say I LOVE this move by the Packers. Finally A-Rod gets his chance. I don't expect Favre to be traded, but I do expect them to release him eventually.

I still think Favre will be a Buc.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

i posted this like 2 hours ago :P

even though its hard for the fans and brett and the team i support TT and McCarthys decision.

Aaron Rodgers is our Man.

Comment

Brian Brohm 4 2009

Comment

Totally agree with the descision by the Thompson and McCarthy, as much as i love Favre he cannot decide the way the team goes. A-Rod is our guy and he needs to accept that.

Fantastic strong policy by us.

Comment

Brian Brohm couldn't hold A-Rod's jock.

Comment

If Favre were trying to steal Brohm's job, Brian would break his legs unlike Aaron Rodgers who weeps in a corner quietly.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
              Brian Brohm 4 2009
              Brian who?

There's only one quarterback who's clearly the heir apparent to number four.

I of course am talking about Matt Flynn.
              This is my signature.

Comment

Very good move by management. Brohm will be a good backup for a few years until he is ready to be traded. I love Favre but he handled this situation terribly.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

so apparently, according to van susteren in an article i read at the milwaukee urinal sentinel site,

favre felt pressured into retiring, because the packers wanted to know BEFORE THE DRAFT. even though they told him then they wanted him back. and he had already retired. wtf. grow up.

Comment

Seriously. When Mariucci did his interview and was talking about how unlike the two preceding off-seasons the Packers didn't really try to convince Brett to stay enough and that his feelings were hurt. What the ****? You're a grown man, and you're crying because a team that has proven its loyalty to you time and time again doesn't stroke your ego enough to make you come back despite the fact that a city, a state and pretty much the entire footballing world worships you. And then you try to blame your early retirement on said team? Pretty weak. If he actually really wanted to come back and he'd already gone through his tearful retirement and ****, then he should have gone through the right channels, shut the **** up in interviews and just sat down with the Packer brass and A-Rod and figure **** out.

Also, I love Favre and I like Mariucci as an analyst, but their relationship really grates on me. It's like Frodo and Samwise's sexually-tense trip to Mordor.
                    Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
                    The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
                    THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
                    THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

is it just me, or does anyone get the feeling that this young packers team is ready to move on and totally rally behind rodgers after more of these stupid ass favre shenanigans?

it just seems like they're so sick of him (for the most part) that they're gonna have rodgers' back through anything, since he actually cares about them.

maybe i'm smoking dope, though.

according to favre's complaints about thompson, it sounds more like he just doesn't like him because thompson didn't let favre run the team. dip****.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2378529

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3484473

The Packers told Favre they won't release him...they also told him he will come back as the backup.

Gotta say I LOVE this move by the Packers. Finally A-Rod gets his chance. I don't expect Favre to be traded, but I do expect them to release him eventually.

I still think Favre will be a Buc.
                        Matt, I think the only way the Bucs will get Favre will be if he is traded to them before he is released.

There are many reasons, other than purely financial ones, for that.

1: Favre's former QB coach is in Minnesota now.

2: The Vikings appear to be better suited for a championship run than the Bucs. With the exception of their horrible QB situation.

3: Several of Favre's former friends and teammates play for the Vikings currently. (Shaper, Ferguson, Longwell, ect.)

4: Many Viking fans are Favre fans, so he already has a fan base built up in Minnesota.

5: It's very close to his home in Wisconsin.

6: Favre doesn't like Tampa Bay.

7: The Vikings don't have 34 QB's on their roster already. (Unlike Tampa. )

$0.02,

--Z
                        sigpic
                        WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                        PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                        NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                        Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                        Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                        MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                        PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                        Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                        Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                        ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                        Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                        TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                        InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                        Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                        EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                        EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                        Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                        BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                        Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
                          6: Favre doesn't like Tampa Bay.

$0.02,

--Z
                          Favre said he doesn't like warm weather and he is full of **** cuz he wants to play for Green Bay. Tampa had many battles with Favre when the Pack/Bucs were in the NFC Central. He never complained in the past. Otherwise, show me where he said he doesnt like Tampa.

Also, all the QBs on the roster don't threaten Favre at all. Tampa will have backups of McCown, Josh Johnson, and Brian Griese. This isn't a reason for Favre to not come to Tampa.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                            Favre said he doesn't like warm weather and he is full of **** cuz he wants to play for Green Bay. Tampa had many battles with Favre when the Pack/Bucs were in the NFC Central. He never complained in the past. Otherwise, show me where he said he doesnt like Tampa.

Also, all the QBs on the roster don't threaten Favre at all. Tampa will have backups of McCown, Josh Johnson, and Brian Griese. This isn't a reason for Favre to not come to Tampa.
                            Okay, fair enough, but he did say he doesn't like the weather in Tampa, which doesn't bode well.

Either way, you do agree with my earlier points that indicate that Favre is more likely to choose the Vikings if/when the Packers cut him, right?
                            sigpic
                            WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                            PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                            NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                            Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                            Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                            MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                            PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                            Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                            Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                            ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                            Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                            TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                            InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                            Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                            EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                            EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                            Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                            BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                            Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
                              Matt, I think the only way the Bucs will get Favre will be if he is traded to them before he is released.

There are many reasons, other than purely financial ones, for that.

2: The Vikings appear to be better suited for a championship run than the Bucs. With the exception of their horrible QB situation.

4: Many Viking fans are Favre fans, so he already has a fan base built up in Minnesota.

I think those statements are rather absured. Were the Giants in a good position for a championship last year? No.

I bet most teams would gladly accept Favre and become fans for him. Minnesota isn't any different.

It doesn't matter if Tampa has 527 QB's on their roster, Favre would be signed/traded for to start.

Comment

Working...
                              X