Will Packers trade Favre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Packers trade Favre?

Only way Favre gets traded is if a team changes his contract to something like 1 year/$10-11M.

Here is a trade offer from a team like Tampa Bay

Green Bay receives: 2009 5th round pick, Jeff Garcia

Tampa Bay receives: Brett Favre

you think this would go down?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Only way Favre gets traded is if a team changes his contract to something like 1 year/$10-11M.

Here is a trade offer from a team like Tampa Bay

Green Bay receives: 2009 5th round pick, Jeff Garcia

Tampa Bay receives: Brett Favre

you think this would go down?
    No way.

Why would we want Garcia dude??

Comment

Stop trying to unload Garcia on teams like Green Bay and Detroit.

Comment

If he's going to leave i'd like to get something back instead of just releasing him.

As somebody said in the other thread to Miami for Jason Taylor would be good for both but no way will it go down.

Comment

Originally posted by a2x View Post
          No way.

Why would we want Garcia dude??
          He's a good a backup as you will find in the league. Brohm isn't ready evidenced by his poor performances in OTAs.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Conroy View Post
            If he's going to leave i'd like to get something back instead of just releasing him.

As somebody said in the other thread to Miami for Jason Taylor would be good for both but no way will it go down.
            Favre doesn't want to play for a 1-15 team with no defense, in the same division as the Patriots, and no chance of a playoff run.

Comment

Favre doesn't want to play for a 1-15 team with no defense, in the same division as the Patriots, and no chance of a playoff run.
              Exactly. Hence it would never happen.

I honestly can't think who'd trade for him or for what price (picks etc)

Comment

Duurr Durrr.... how about Kyle Boller and a 5th round pick?

Comment

Troy Smith ( I like him) and a first round is my counter offer?

Comment

Only team that would trade for him is Tampa. We have QB collector Jon Gruden who coached in Green bay in 92, 94, and 95.

We would give Green Bay a late round pick in 2009 (say a 5th-7th rounder...generally these are called "late round picks" ) and Jeff Garcia.

Garcia is a proven winner and will be the perfect backup to Aaron Rodgers. He will provide that veteran leadership for him in a supporting role, and if A-Rod goes down again then Garcia can play immediately and win unlike a Brian Brohm in all likelihood.

Carolina can't get Favre because I have heard they have salary cap issues (another reason that Bucs GM Bruce Allen owns).

We know GB won't trade Favre in-division. Favre won't go to a team that sucks (Jets, Dolphins, 49ers, etc.).

Tampa is really the only option for Favre when you break it down.

Comment

He's a good a backup as you will find in the league. Brohm isn't ready evidenced by his poor performances in OTAs.
                      Thats not TT's Style.
                      He is building a young Team.
                      Thats why we picked 2 QB's and didnt aquire (or however u spell it) in FA!

And personally i got that feeling that somehow Flynn will be 2nd on the depthchart if Brohm continues throwing Int in practice like he did during the OTA's.

Its the YOuth in what we trust.

Comment

Originally posted by a2x View Post
                        Thats not TT's Style.
                        He is building a young Team.
                        Thats why we picked 2 QB's and didnt aquire (or however u spell it) in FA!

And personally i got that feeling that somehow Flynn will be 2nd on the depthchart if Brohm continues throwing Int in practice like he did during the OTA's.

Its the YOuth in what we trust.
                        Yeah but you need to win now and there is absolutely no rush to play Brohm. Let's be real, Matt Flynn is ****ing terrible. I heard some idiot on ESPN say how he wouldnt make it past the practice squad which is ridiculous.

Jeff Garcia is the backup the Packers really do need if they want to win. Rodgers is the man. There would be no QB competition with bringing in Jeff Garcia.

Comment

I have to agree with you Matt. Garcia would be a fantastic option behind A-Rod for a season or two while Brohm gets up to speed, especially as he doesn't look to hot in the OTA's.

Comment

Yeah but you need to win now and there is absolutely no rush to play Brohm. Let's be real, Matt Flynn is ****ing terrible. I heard some idiot on ESPN say how he wouldnt make it past the practice squad which is ridiculous.

Jeff Garcia is the backup the Packers really do need if they want to win. Rodgers is the man. There would be no QB competition with bringing in Jeff Garcia.
                            Mhmmm

IDK. I m against bringing in Garcia.

But if TT does it it would still be better than releasing Favre.

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...s-and-a-second

This guy is smoking some serious dope. We won't trade a 4th round pick for Favre much less a 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                              X