Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears Sign Former Lions Runningback Kevin Jones

Link

-- The Chicago Bears signed free agent running back Kevin Jones on a one-year contract on Tuesday.

Jones, who underwent a physical in Chicago on Monday, had worked out for prospective teams earlier this month just five months after he had major knee surgery. The Lions cut their former first-round pick in March with one year left on his contract after he injured the knee late last season, adding to the injury woes that have stunted his success in the league. Jones rushed for 581 yards and eight touchdowns in 2007 but missed the last game of the season after suffering a serious knee injury against the Chiefs in Week 16. Jones also missed the first two games last season recovering from a foot injury that had sidelined him for the final three games of 2006.

Jones was the 30th overall pick by the Lions in the 2004 NFL Draft. He ran for 3,000-plus yards in four seasons in Detroit, including 1,133 yards and five touchdowns as a rookie in 2004.

Well, he wont be carrying the load in Chicago so I can see him staying healthy. Nice pickup.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Whoa... Chicago did something right for a change.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Not a bad backup... interesting that they went with him over Shaun Alexander. Shows how done Alexander is.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Good signing. Jones will help the Bears and probably have his best games against the Lions.

Comment

I think he will actually start and forte will be our backup. I think Jones gets 1000 yrds this season with 7 TDs
            Check out my new site Today!
            Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
              I think he will actually start and forte will be our backup. I think Jones gets 1000 yrds this season with 7 TDs
              Doubt it. Will he even be ready for the season opener?? Jones was signed as insurance, not a long term solution. He'll get his share of carries, but nothing near 1000yds.

Comment

Can he play QB too?
                Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Egg View Post
                  Doubt it. Will he even be ready for the season opener?? Jones was signed as insurance, not a long term solution. He'll get his share of carries, but nothing near 1000yds.
                  Highly unlikely. For one thing, there's a strong indication Jones could begin the season on the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) list. Secondly, Forte heads into training camp as the starter unless he really flames out during camps (something I highly doubt if you've watched any of his game films). Jones was signed to compete with Adrian Peterson, Garrett Wolfe, Jason McKie and Obafemi Ayanbadejo for the primary back-up role, with Peterson being the front-runner. Currently, Jones is listed 4th on the Bears RB depth chart.

The Chicago Sun Times suggests that new Bears RB Kevin Jones (ACL surgery) could begin the season on the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Jones is less than seven months removed from an injury that typically needs at least eight months of recovery. He couldn't say for sure if he'll be ready for camp when asked Tuesday. "They're going to be cautious with me," he said. "The doctors recommended I don't get hit in the first week of training camp. I don't know what the plan is for the preseason." The Chicago Sun Times says Jones' addition is "not expected to diminish the role of (Matt) Forte."

Forte should remain Chicago's long-term solution and starter, as Jones is on a one-year deal for the minimum. But the two are similar players, which will make it easy for Chicago to rotate without changing the offense. Forte remains a fine sleeper, but now more of a fantasy reserve (RB3). If Jones is healthy, Peterson and Wolfe will have bit parts, with Wolfe quite possibly on the roster bubble.
                  Jul. 15 - 1:48 p.m. ET
                  sigpic
                  'GRD Vypers' ready to roll in '08!!

Comment

My apologies, I meant to quote the following post:

"I think he will actually start and forte will be our backup. I think Jones gets 1000 yrds this season with 7 TDs"

Not the one I indicated in my prior post. Once again, my apologies.
                    sigpic
                    'GRD Vypers' ready to roll in '08!!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                      Whoa... Chicago did something right for a change.
                      What did they do that wasnt right?
                      Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                        What did they do that wasnt right?
                        Rex Grossman
                        Cedric Benson
                        Dan Baziun
                        Garrett Wolfe
                        Mark Bradley
                        Letting go of Bernard Berrian

Not that the Bears haven't had any successes in my mind: Daniel Manning, one of the bests drafts in 2008 (and not getting a "franchsie QB" is a move I am high on other than not snagging Andre Woodson), Greg Olsen, Mark Anderson, trading for Oguneley, Tommie Harris (drafted and extended contract).
                        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          Rex Grossman
                          Cedric Benson
                          Dan Baziun
                          Garrett Wolfe
                          Mark Bradley

Not that the Bears haven't had any successes in my mind: Daniel Manning, one of the bests drafts in 2008 (and not getting a "franchsie QB" is a move I am high on other than not snagging Andre Woodson), Greg Olsen, Mark Anderson, trading for Oguneley, Tommie Harris (drafted and extended contract).
                          resigning grossman was the right move. Berrian is not worth the money he got. There wasnt a franchise QB available after Matt Ryan imo. I think we have done a good job the last few drafts and FA, and Danieal Manning sucks at life. He should be cut come next off season.
                          Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Rex Grossman
                            Cedric Benson
                            Dan Baziun
                            Garrett Wolfe
                            Mark Bradley

Garrett Wolfe has done well for being an undersized back. He's a decent third down back.

I don't believe Daniel Manning has produced up to what he should have by now. My opinion though.

Comment

Rex Grossman
                              Cedric Benson
                              Dan Baziun
                              Garrett Wolfe
                              Mark Bradley

I would have let go of Bernard Berrian too. Guy was not worth the money he got from Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
                              X