The Big Favre Buzz, Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Favre Buzz, Reality

I hope Favre ends up in Minnesota. The Packers will shoot themselves before they trade him to Minnesota, but their could be a possibility that a team trades the Packers for him, and then another team trades that team more than they traded the Packers to get him. For instance, Baltimore trades their first three draft picks in 2009 for Favre. Minnesota trades their first five to Baltimore for Favre. The Packers get three picks, Baltimore gets five picks, and Minnesota gets Favre and goes to the Superbowl. Jackson can be a possible starter in the future, but the Vikings have a great team right now. They will have a few good players retiring or their contracts will expire soon. Jackson would be able to learn from an expert QB, and possibly be the QB the Vikings hoped he'd be... in a couple years. No need to keep all the pressure on Jackson so early. Let him learn from the best. However, I don't see that happening. He will most likely end up in Tampa Bay which is the only team he has a chance of winding up in that could have a shot at going all the way, other than a team the Packers WON'T trade him to (like the Vikings) under almost any circumstances. Hell, Minnesota could probably give them all their 2009 draft picks, and the Packers still wouldn't make the trade. The Packers would be best off to take Favre back, trade Rodgers, and let Brian Brohm be their future QB. He can learn under Favre, rather than learning under Rogers who has never started a game. Only problem is Rodgers doesn't have much stock right now, and I can't think of a team that will give sh*t for him. The Packers know this, which is why they drafted two QB's this year, so when Rodgers contract is up at the end of the year, they have a QB to take his place, and Rodgers will have a lot more stock. He throws behind a very good offensive line and has great recievers, so his chances of success are pretty good. Enough to rise his trade value up to a second round pick at least. He will then be resigned to the Packers or nailed with the Franchise tag, then traded for a decent pick or two, and Brohm will be their new QB. If Favre comes back now, GB gets no value out of their former first round pick (Rodgers) and Rodgers will be so pissed, there is now way he will resign. I still find it hard to believe the Packers value their future draft picks enough to warrant that. However, the front office is probably tired of Favre for several reasons. Mike McCarthy because Brett Favre wanted Steve Mariucci as his head coach after Holmgren was gone, not Mike McCarthy. Ted Thompson because he wants to be the man in Green Bay and not have to cater to a legendary QB that has an enormous amount of influence on team decisions. Ted Thompson doesn't have full control, and he doesn't like it. I don't buy into any of the Packers BS on the Favre issue. The Packers are not trying to 'protect Brett's legacy' as a QB as they claim, but rather protect themselves from outraged fans that will quit watching the Packers because they wouldn't allow Favre to come back. Imagine how pissed Packer fans would be if Favre came back out of retirement, GB would't allow him to come back to the Packers, so he goes to Minnesota, kicks the Packers ass in both games they play each other, and takes the Vikings to the Superbowl. How mad do you think Packer fans would be after that kind of scenario? Really ****ing mad, that's for sure. I'd bet dollars to pesos that Favre would sign with the Vikings if he was released, because no other 'contending' team needs a QB more than the Vikings, and that is ALL they lack. I can't see the Packers EVER letting that happen though.
    sigpic

Wow, all that for something that will never happen.

Comment

Wow, Aaron Rodgers, who has spent his entire Career learning the same offense, only to be traded to another team. That makes a lot of sense.

No team will trade their first five, let alone three picks for a guy who will play for 1 or 2 season, and who will heavily effect your salary cap. There really is no spot on prediction about Favre's future. Favre has a stipulation in his contract that allows him to block any trade he is involved in. The only way Favre could go to Minnesota would be for Green Bay to release him, which will not happen. They've already stated that they're fine with him on the sidelines.

Though if Favre causes too many problems and holds back the team, he could be released and sign with any team that wants him.

But the thing is, we don't know for sure if Minny wants Favre, because they could for one reason or another be commited to Tavaris.

Who knows what the hell is gonna happen?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperT View Post
        I hope Favre ends up in Minnesota. The Packers will shoot themselves before they trade him to Minnesota, but their could be a possibility that a team trades the Packers for him, and then another team trades that team more than they traded the Packers to get him. For instance, Baltimore trades their first three draft picks in 2009 for Favre....
        And that is where I stopped reading. No team, and I mean no team, would trade 3 very high draft picks, much less even a 2nd rounder, for a 39 year old quarterback.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

That's exactly what I said Matt. Even for one of the best QBs to go under center, at his age, no where near worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
            Wow, all that for something that will never happen.
            You are like a turd that won't flush.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
              Wow, Aaron Rodgers, who has spent his entire Career learning the same offense, only to be traded to another team. That makes a lot of sense.

No team will trade their first five, let alone three picks for a guy who will play for 1 or 2 season, and who will heavily effect your salary cap. There really is no spot on prediction about Favre's future. Favre has a stipulation in his contract that allows him to block any trade he is involved in. The only way Favre could go to Minnesota would be for Green Bay to release him, which will not happen. They've already stated that they're fine with him on the sidelines.

Though if Favre causes too many problems and holds back the team, he could be released and sign with any team that wants him.

But the thing is, we don't know for sure if Minny wants Favre, because they could for one reason or another be commited to Tavaris.

Who knows what the hell is gonna happen?
              That was just a for instance. I wasn't meaning those draft picks were going to get traded. I had to use something for the teams trade, so I used draft picks.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but no one would ever consider draft picks that high. Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  And that is where I stopped reading. No team, and I mean no team, would trade 3 very high draft picks, much less even a 2nd rounder, for a 39 year old quarterback.
                  No kidding...How dumb can you get?

GB probably would get a 5th round pick at the most for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Again, I wasn't meaning that LITERALLY. I had to use something of value between teams, so I used draft picks. Yes, too many, and that exact scenario would NEVER happen.
                    sigpic

Comment

No kidding...How dumb can you get?

GB probably would get a 5th round pick at the most for him.
                      Dumb? A fifth rounder for a Favre? Now that's dumb, even if he has only one season left. The Vikings are Superbowl bound with a QB. And only a 'dumb' person would want Jackson over Favre.
                      sigpic

Comment

"Jackson would be able to learn from an expert QB"

Yeah, on how to throw the most INT's in NFL history? Favre cares only about himself, he wouldn't be a mentor to Jackson.

Comment

Like I have mentioned before, a team is only going to trade a 3rd-4th round draft pick for Favre if the demand is there. And quite simply the demand isn't there when you factor in:

1. Bad football teams that won't contend (where Favre doesn't want to go: Miami, NY Jets, Kansas City, San Fran)

2. NFC North teams (No way Green Bay will let this happen.

This truly leaves us with Carolina, Tampa, and Baltimore. I think we can rule out Carolina since they can't afford Favre.

It comes down to Tampa and Baltimore. Where would Favre rather go? He knows Jon Gruden. Tampa is a much better team in an easier conference and especially division (where the only competition for Tampa is New Orleans).

Comment

If the Vikings offer all of their '09 picks for Favre, Packers definitely do it in a heartbeat.

The highest I can see them getting for Favre is a third-rounder, and that might even be a pipe dream.
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

"Jackson would be able to learn from an expert QB"

Yeah, on how to throw the most INT's in NFL history? Favre cares only about himself, he wouldn't be a mentor to Jackson.
                              If you are going to mention Favre for throwing the most INTs in NFL history, then please add he has the all-time record for passing yards, completions, and Passing TDs.

Comment

Working...
                              X