The Big Favre Buzz, Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperT View Post
    Dumb? A fifth rounder for a Favre? Now that's dumb, even if he has only one season left. The Vikings are Superbowl bound with a QB. And only a 'dumb' person would want Jackson over Favre.
    Even if I did want Favre it wouldn't matter because there is no chance it happens.

Childress has already said that he has total faith in Tarvaris and so do I.

I can't wait till TJ quiets all the doubters this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      It comes down to Tampa and Baltimore.
      Did you see the quote from Favre where he said he's "not too hot" on Tampa because it's too warm? I laughed out loud.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Baltimore can't afford him. It would definitely compromise re-signing Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Bart Scott and Jason Brown.

Comment

I know you have said this before Puppy, but I think we needed to hear it again. It's a valid point.

Still, out of all the AFC teams, Baltimore would still be the most likely. Not even you can deny it.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Listen. I was being hypothetical. I should have used 7th and 6th and 5th round picks, because apparently people think I am using high picks in what could be reality. I had to show that the middle man has to give something to Green Bay of 'value', then get more in return from the Vikings. Draft picks were just a tool, and it didn't matter what round they were in, the picks just represented value. Terrell Davis just came out on the NFL Network and said, " I think Favre would be a perfect fit for the Vikings. They seem to have all the tools they nedd to make that playoff push. They have a great running game, a great defense, they just need a Quarterback." I would trade a second round pick for Favre it it meant a great chance at being a SB contender, and apparently I am not the only one who thinks so. The Packers just filed a grievance with the Vikings claiming they broke the rule of teams trying to negotiate with contracted players. If you don't think something is going on behind the curtains, you don't see very well.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              I know you have said this before Puppy, but I think we needed to hear it again. It's a valid point.

Still, out of all the AFC teams, Baltimore would still be the most likely. Not even you can deny it.
              Brett will never sign with a team that has virtually no chance of going to a Superbowl. Like Baltimore, Kansas City, and the teams you mentioned. Yes Tampa does have a chance, but nothing like the Vikings.
              sigpic

Comment

Listen. I was being hypothetical. I should have used 7th and 6th and 5th round picks, because apparently people think I am using high picks in what could be reality. I had to show that the middle man has to give something to Green Bay of 'value', then get more in return from the Vikings. Draft picks were just a tool, and it didn't matter what round they were in, the picks just represented value. Terrell Davis just came out on the NFL Network and said, " I think Favre would be a perfect fit for the Vikings. They seem to have all the tools they nedd to make that playoff push. They have a great running game, a great defense, they just need a Quarterback." I would trade a second round pick for Favre it it meant a great chance at being a SB contender, and apparently I am not the only one who thinks so. The Packers just filed a grievance with the Vikings claiming they broke the rule of teams trying to negotiate with contracted players. If you don't think something is going on behind the curtains, you don't see very well.
                Every analyst has a different team he thinks Brett Favre would be perfect for. The three most occurring I've heard is Vikings, Ravens and Bucs. The reality is that Brett will probably just stay in retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                  Even if I did want Favre it wouldn't matter because there is no chance it happens.

Childress has already said that he has total faith in Tarvaris and so do I.

I can't wait till TJ quiets all the doubters this year.
                  Childress is a moron. And if Jackson starts and sucks, Childress will have no choice but to start someone of higher quality. If not, he'll lose his job next year for killing the Vikings with Jackson.
                  sigpic

Comment

Childress is a moron. And if Jackson starts and sucks, Childress will have no choice but to start someone of higher quality. If not, he'll lose his job next year for killing the Vikings with Jackson.
                    I agree with you. If Tarvaris show absolutely no improvement, and our team doesn't make the playoffs Childress' job should be in jepordy. He must have alot of faith in Jackson if he is willing to put his job on the line for it.

I don't think this will be an issue because obviously I think TJ will be improved and we make it deep into the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                    X