X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperT View Post
    Childress is a moron. And if Jackson starts and sucks, Childress will have no choice but to start someone of higher quality. If not, he'll lose his job next year for killing the Vikings with Jackson.
    I agree with you. If Tarvaris show absolutely no improvement, and our team doesn't make the playoffs Childress' job should be in jepordy. He must have alot of faith in Jackson if he is willing to put his job on the line for it.

I don't think this will be an issue because obviously I think TJ will be improved and we make it deep into the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• SuperT
    replied
    Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
    Even if I did want Favre it wouldn't matter because there is no chance it happens.

Childress has already said that he has total faith in Tarvaris and so do I.

I can't wait till TJ quiets all the doubters this year.
    Childress is a moron. And if Jackson starts and sucks, Childress will have no choice but to start someone of higher quality. If not, he'll lose his job next year for killing the Vikings with Jackson.

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    Listen. I was being hypothetical. I should have used 7th and 6th and 5th round picks, because apparently people think I am using high picks in what could be reality. I had to show that the middle man has to give something to Green Bay of 'value', then get more in return from the Vikings. Draft picks were just a tool, and it didn't matter what round they were in, the picks just represented value. Terrell Davis just came out on the NFL Network and said, " I think Favre would be a perfect fit for the Vikings. They seem to have all the tools they nedd to make that playoff push. They have a great running game, a great defense, they just need a Quarterback." I would trade a second round pick for Favre it it meant a great chance at being a SB contender, and apparently I am not the only one who thinks so. The Packers just filed a grievance with the Vikings claiming they broke the rule of teams trying to negotiate with contracted players. If you don't think something is going on behind the curtains, you don't see very well.
    Every analyst has a different team he thinks Brett Favre would be perfect for. The three most occurring I've heard is Vikings, Ravens and Bucs. The reality is that Brett will probably just stay in retirement.

Leave a comment:

• SuperT
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    I know you have said this before Puppy, but I think we needed to hear it again. It's a valid point.

Still, out of all the AFC teams, Baltimore would still be the most likely. Not even you can deny it.
    Brett will never sign with a team that has virtually no chance of going to a Superbowl. Like Baltimore, Kansas City, and the teams you mentioned. Yes Tampa does have a chance, but nothing like the Vikings.

Leave a comment:

• SuperT
    replied
    Listen. I was being hypothetical. I should have used 7th and 6th and 5th round picks, because apparently people think I am using high picks in what could be reality. I had to show that the middle man has to give something to Green Bay of 'value', then get more in return from the Vikings. Draft picks were just a tool, and it didn't matter what round they were in, the picks just represented value. Terrell Davis just came out on the NFL Network and said, " I think Favre would be a perfect fit for the Vikings. They seem to have all the tools they nedd to make that playoff push. They have a great running game, a great defense, they just need a Quarterback." I would trade a second round pick for Favre it it meant a great chance at being a SB contender, and apparently I am not the only one who thinks so. The Packers just filed a grievance with the Vikings claiming they broke the rule of teams trying to negotiate with contracted players. If you don't think something is going on behind the curtains, you don't see very well.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I know you have said this before Puppy, but I think we needed to hear it again. It's a valid point.

Still, out of all the AFC teams, Baltimore would still be the most likely. Not even you can deny it.

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    Baltimore can't afford him. It would definitely compromise re-signing Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Bart Scott and Jason Brown.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    It comes down to Tampa and Baltimore.
    Did you see the quote from Favre where he said he's "not too hot" on Tampa because it's too warm? I laughed out loud.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Dumb? A fifth rounder for a Favre? Now that's dumb, even if he has only one season left. The Vikings are Superbowl bound with a QB. And only a 'dumb' person would want Jackson over Favre.
    Even if I did want Favre it wouldn't matter because there is no chance it happens.

Childress has already said that he has total faith in Tarvaris and so do I.

I can't wait till TJ quiets all the doubters this year.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    "Jackson would be able to learn from an expert QB"

Yeah, on how to throw the most INT's in NFL history? Favre cares only about himself, he wouldn't be a mentor to Jackson.
    If you are going to mention Favre for throwing the most INTs in NFL history, then please add he has the all-time record for passing yards, completions, and Passing TDs.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    If the Vikings offer all of their '09 picks for Favre, Packers definitely do it in a heartbeat.

The highest I can see them getting for Favre is a third-rounder, and that might even be a pipe dream.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Like I have mentioned before, a team is only going to trade a 3rd-4th round draft pick for Favre if the demand is there. And quite simply the demand isn't there when you factor in:

1. Bad football teams that won't contend (where Favre doesn't want to go: Miami, NY Jets, Kansas City, San Fran)

2. NFC North teams (No way Green Bay will let this happen.

This truly leaves us with Carolina, Tampa, and Baltimore. I think we can rule out Carolina since they can't afford Favre.

It comes down to Tampa and Baltimore. Where would Favre rather go? He knows Jon Gruden. Tampa is a much better team in an easier conference and especially division (where the only competition for Tampa is New Orleans).

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    "Jackson would be able to learn from an expert QB"

Yeah, on how to throw the most INT's in NFL history? Favre cares only about himself, he wouldn't be a mentor to Jackson.

Leave a comment:

• SuperT
    replied
    No kidding...How dumb can you get?

GB probably would get a 5th round pick at the most for him.
    Dumb? A fifth rounder for a Favre? Now that's dumb, even if he has only one season left. The Vikings are Superbowl bound with a QB. And only a 'dumb' person would want Jackson over Favre.

Leave a comment:

• SuperT
    replied
    And that is where I stopped reading. No team, and I mean no team, would trade 3 very high draft picks, much less even a 2nd rounder, for a 39 year old quarterback.
    Again, I wasn't meaning that LITERALLY. I had to use something of value between teams, so I used draft picks. Yes, too many, and that exact scenario would NEVER happen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X