Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I <3 AJ Smith

I think this is hilarious.

The Chargers' decision to draft Antoine Cason 27th overall was aimed at neutralizing Patriots slot receiver Wes Welker, according to SI.com's Don Banks.

"Banks speaks of an "obsession" Bolts GM A.J. Smith has with the Pats. He also says Antonio Cromartie will be used in man coverage against Randy Moss when the teams square off in Week 6, and potentially later in the playoffs."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=si_nfl
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

rofl, that is hilarious.

Comment

I would actually love to see Randy Moss vs. Antonio Cromartie battling it out man on man

Comment

DAMN IT!!!!! DAMN It! **** A.J. Smith! Why AJ? Why? The Packers would've loved Cason. That's the only guy I wanted and you took him 3 picks ahead. Why? Just Why?

Comment

Oh wait. To cover Wes Welker.

Comment

Pfft. Give Cason a year, and he could go toe to toe with Moss also.

Cason vs. Welker isn't even a contest.
            - Also known as Dan.
            - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I think it is a joke how every move the Chargers made was to beat the Patriots...as if they weren't made to improve the team against other foes.

Like adding Cason. Yeah he can be drafted to cover Welker...and many other receivers in this league. It's a joke to say every move was to beat New England. I can make the same argument that they were to improve team needs and improve talent overall.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by a2x View Post
                I would actually love to see Randy Moss vs. Antonio Cromartie battling it out man on man
                Moss would win. Chromartie is very athletic and tall and blah, blah, blah, but he isn't Champ Bailey.

Comment

Moss got shut down by Aaron Ross. I think Cromartie could really contain him.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Moss got shut down by Aaron Ross. I think Cromartie could really contain him.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      I think it is a joke how every move the Chargers made was to beat the Patriots...as if they weren't made to improve the team against other foes.

Like adding Cason. Yeah he can be drafted to cover Welker...and many other receivers in this league. It's a joke to say every move was to beat New England. I can make the same argument that they were to improve team needs and improve talent overall.
                      The article talks about the 2002 Boston Red Sox doing the same thing when it came to the Yankees.

I'd say their gameplanning for the Yankees (tons of pitching) not only got them their goal of beating the Yanks, but got then 2 WS since.

So The Chargers planning specifically to beat the Pats if they are successful will most likely lead to bigger organizational goals (Superbowl)
                      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I read recently that you need 4 good CBs nowadays. Where's #4?

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                          Moss would win. Chromartie is very athletic and tall and blah, blah, blah, but he isn't Champ Bailey.
                          Ever seen Moss against press coverage? It turns Randy Moss into Troy Williamson.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                          HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Oh my.
                            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Working...
                            X