Packers Filing Tampering Charges Against Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers Filing Tampering Charges Against Vikings

The Packers have reportedly filed tampering charges against the Vikings for allegedly communicating with Brett Favre.

"FOXSports' Jay Glazer says the NFL is currently gathering information. The Packers claim Favre had "inappropriate dialogue" with Vikings coordinator Darrell Bevell, Favre's former QBs coach in Green Bay. This seemingly confirms that Minnesota is Favre's ideal landing spot, not that GM Ted Thompson would ever let him get there. The Vikings risk losing draft picks or paying a fine."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...red-with-Favre

HAHAHAHAHA
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Nice. If this goes down I can't see the NFL allowing Favre to go to Minny, not that I think it will happen anyways.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Stay retired, Brett =| I'm sick of talking about u =|

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Where's IVF and his Vikings' quotes now?

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
          Where's IVF and his Vikings' quotes now?
          Amen to that brother!
          sigpic

Comment

Terrell Davis just said on the NFL Network' " Brett Favre would be a perfect fit in Minnesota. The Vikings have all the tools to make that SuperBowl push, good running game, good defense, the only thing they need is a quarterback." Well, maybe IVF can argue with Terrell Davis that the Vikings don't need a quarterback. If he wins that battle, he can argue with Steve Young who has basically said the same thing.
            sigpic

Comment

This is simply a desperate attempt of paranoia by the Packers. Fact is the Vikings can easily plead that Bevell was simply talking to Favre being a former coach of his and just "talking." If it was Brad Childress then the Vikings may be in trouble, but this is nothing to worry about.

This just adds to my hate of the Packers. It also reassures the Packers are never going to let Favre come to Minny. So put it to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                This is simply a desperate attempt of paranoia by the Packers. Fact is the Vikings can easily plead that Bevell was simply talking to Favre being a former coach of his and just "talking." If it was Brad Childress then the Vikings may be in trouble, but this is nothing to worry about.

This just adds to my hate of the Packers. It also reassures the Packers are never going to let Favre come to Minny. So put it to rest.
                He's right, this basically guarantees that the Vikings won't go after Favre. Similar to how the 49ers left Briggs alone after the Bears accused them of tampering. Vikings probably will lose a draft pick or two though, since Roger Goodell doesn't need evidence and usually makes judgment calls.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                  He's right, this basically guarantees that the Vikings won't go after Favre. Similar to how the 49ers left Briggs alone after the Bears accused them of tampering. Vikings probably will lose a draft pick or two though, since Roger Goodell doesn't need evidence and usually makes judgment calls.
                  I don't care if the team gets fined but I will be extremely pissed at Bevell if we get docked draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                    I don't care if the team gets fined but I will be extremely pissed at Bevell if we get docked draft picks.
                    lol!! Hahahaha!!! :,) aha, ahahaha!

April 28, 2009

Mayock: Cullen Harper has trasformed into the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.

Kiper: I totally agree Mike, his arm is unquestioned and he's made countless pinpoint touchdowns that I've frankly never seen before in my 187 years of draft coverage.

McShay: (Copy's what Kiper says; compare's Harper to Manning)
                    With the number 1 pick; the Vikings have forfited their first round pick because of tampering with Favre.

On another note, Znormenson has comited suicide on this date of April 28, 2009. IVF drools over Tarvaris Jackson's potential, hoping they draft a punter in round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post

April 28, 2009

Mayock: Cullen Harper has trasformed into the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.

Kiper: I totally agree Mike, his arm is unquestioned and he's made countless pinpoint touchdowns that I've frankly never seen before in my 187 years of draft coverage.

With the number 1 pick; the Vikings have forfited their first round pick because of tampering with Favre.

On another note, Znormenson has comited suicide on this date of April 28, 2009. IVF drools over Tarvaris Jackson's potential, hoping they draft a punter in round 2.

LOL, this is why I hate the Packers and Packer fans.

Even if we do get docked draft picks, itwon't be a first round pick. This is not even close to being as serious as spygate.

Why would we draft a punter? Chris Kluwe is a SUPERSTAR! lol

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post

April 28, 2009

LOL thank you. That hit the spot.
                        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                          LOL thank you. That hit the spot.
                          No problem. I do what I can.

Comment

Then Packers are just posturing to avoid the inevitable.

Bevel is personal friends with Farve, as is Sharper, Longwell and Furgeson. Good luck proving tampering charges.
                            sigpic
                            WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                            PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                            NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                            Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                            Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                            MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                            PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                            Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                            Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                            ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                            Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                            TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                            InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                            Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                            EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                            EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                            Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                            BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                            Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Hall of Ownage nominee? Hilairious stuff.
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                              X