X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the fifth pick in the Fantasy Experts League

Choosing 5th here

http://www34.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/23881

I won this league last year, so hopefully I can defend my title.

Guess I'll be looking at Steven Jackson/Joseph Addai at No. 5, and then a WR like Andre Johnson in Round 2.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

I think I'd go with Steven Jackson. I'm expecting the Ram's offense to have a bounce back year and he could have the best Fantasy year.

Comment

lol Andre Johnson in the 2nd round of every draft Walter...hilairious.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        lol Andre Johnson in the 2nd round of every draft Walter...hilairious.
        He's my No. 2 WR and happens to be undervalued. I didn't take Johnson in my mock though if you're thinking that; I got Randy Moss and Ryan Grant.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

You really didn't have a choice. It is really hard to go the first two rounds in fantasy without taking a RB.

Comment

If Joseph Addai is there he is the easy choice. I might even go Marion Barber over SJAX. It just isn't easy to trust the RB on a team that was one of the worst in the league last season. They should bounce back but give me the back on a top team with a big offense over a guy like Jackson.

Andre Johnson was huge in the games he played last year. I had him on my team and every time he was in the line up he produced. I always like to go RB RB with my first two selections but if you are that high on Andre the Giant do for it I wouldn't blame you one bit.

Good Luck, Make us proud.
            "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
            -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

Thanks.

Actually, this draft is going to take like 3 weeks because everyone has 6 hours to make a pick, so I'll be posting updates.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I'd definitely go Joseph Addai, Brian Westbrook, Clinton Portis, and Jamal Lewis over Steven Jackson. I think Jackson's productivity is over and I never thought he was that great to begin with. He was the chief benefactor of an offense that produced a lot of passing yards, taking a lot of pressure off the running game.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Westbrook might fall to 5, it's unlikely, but if he's there you gotta grab him. Probably won't be there in an "experts league" though.

Comment

Things might play out differently in the experts league, but I had two 5th overall picks in two leagues. One was Steven Jackson, one was Joseph Addai but in both my 2nd round pick was Willis McGahee and I was able to get Marques Colston and Andre Johnson in the 3rd round of those drafts.

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                      I'd definitely go Joseph Addai, Brian Westbrook, Clinton Portis, and Jamal Lewis over Steven Jackson. I think Jackson's productivity is over and I never thought he was that great to begin with. He was the chief benefactor of an offense that produced a lot of passing yards, taking a lot of pressure off the running game.
                      Never that great to begin with? What was the whole "leading the league in yards" deal?

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                        I'd definitely go Joseph Addai, Brian Westbrook, Clinton Portis, and Jamal Lewis over Steven Jackson. I think Jackson's productivity is over...
                        He had 1,116 total yards in his last 10 games. I don't think that is being "under-productive."

Comment

I highly doubt Brian Westbrook will be there. He's going 2nd or 3rd. You could argue taking Tom Brady over him with the 3rd pick, but I don't know who else.

Comment

Steven Jackson is a stud. The guy is like 25 and has a sick combo of size, speed and power. I seriously doubt he's already hit his ceiling.
                            Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
                            The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
                            THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
                            THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

Originally posted by the shock doctor View Post
                              Steven Jackson is a stud. The guy is like 25 and has a sick combo of size, speed and power. I seriously doubt he's already hit his ceiling.
                              I was really really pissed in 2004 when the Bucs took Michael Clayton over Steven Jackson. He is a great receiver and I thougth he was the perfect fit for Gruden's offense. At the time, WR was a greater need (we had Alstott and Michael Pittman...ughh) and Clayton had a stellar rookie year, but i liked JAckson's versatility. Kinda glad we didn't draft him because we did get Cadillac, but even he suffered a pathetic OL for 2 years, then a sick injury in 2007.

Jackson wouldn't have been as effective with the OL we had back then. Now, he would be unstoppable. I hope Caddy comes back from injury after being put on PUP (which is what everyone is projecting).

Comment

Working...
                              X