Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More ESPN poor reporting/analysis (John Clayton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Leaf
    replied
    The Wonderlic has nothing to do with your football IQ.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    So then that would mean, based on what you just said that you can't say Peyton Manning's IQ was higher than Tarvaris Jackson's coming out of college simply because they haven't played yet.

Word was when JJ went on the Bucs' grease board at the combine he aced it with flying colors. His stats were insane at San Diego. 43 TDs and 1 INT. You have to be smart to do that in a west coast offense. Anyways, I'm not sold on him. Career backup. I think McCown could be the future but that's for another thread.

Similar frames? Tarvaris had a thicker build. Josh Johnson is very scrawny.

Projections? Once again you can't compare QBs based on where they were projected in the draft. That's pretty weak.

You might have done it before, but that's probably because I ignored you, and I wish I would have here.
    Marino had like a 6 on the Wonderlic and I think he did decent in the NFL.

Young had "Poor Football IQ" but he had a great rookie season and if he actually had decent receivers he wouldn't have had a sophmore slump.

Plenty of QB's with high football iq that falter all of the sudden have poor football iq and vice versa depending on how they do in the NFL.

EDIT: And so what if he had 43-1 TD-INT? Didn't Omar Jacobs have a 41-4 at the division 1 level? I thought he would be a good QB but he couldn't hold on with the Steelers.
    Last edited by DraftKidWonder; 07-19-2008, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
    I've done it before and you had no problem with that.

Actually Johnson has a decent arm and they were comparibly mobile coming out of college. They both were supposedly shoot up draft boards around the league before the draft. The last JJ projections I saw were in the third round, just like Jackson back in '06. They had similar frames out of college as well. And you don't know how high his football IQ is until he plays in the NFL.

So I don't know what you're talking about.
    So then that would mean, based on what you just said that you can't say Peyton Manning's IQ was higher than Tarvaris Jackson's coming out of college simply because they haven't played yet.

Word was when JJ went on the Bucs' grease board at the combine he aced it with flying colors. His stats were insane at San Diego. 43 TDs and 1 INT. You have to be smart to do that in a west coast offense. Anyways, I'm not sold on him. Career backup. I think McCown could be the future but that's for another thread.

Similar frames? Tarvaris had a thicker build. Josh Johnson is very scrawny.

Projections? Once again you can't compare QBs based on where they were projected in the draft. That's pretty weak.

You might have done it before, but that's probably because I ignored you, and I wish I would have here.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    And that shows exactly why you have no business thinking you are good at this. Very stereotypical player comparison: small school black quarterbacks.

Josh Johnson has a very weak arm from what I have seen. Reports I have read on him are that he has an extremely high football IQ playing in a WCO very similar to Jon Gruden (his head coach was Gruden's QBs coach in Oakland). Johnson is much more mobile than Jackson. He has much better mechanics.

Tarvaris has a very strong arm but a low football IQ. Inaccurate, has no footwork.

I'm not going to say they are opposite, but to throw the JJ=TJ comparison out there is a joke.
    I've done it before and you had no problem with that.

Actually Johnson has a decent arm and they were comparibly mobile coming out of college. They both were supposedly shoot up draft boards around the league before the draft. The last JJ projections I saw were in the third round, just like Jackson back in '06. They had similar frames out of college as well. And you don't know how high his football IQ is until he plays in the NFL.

So I don't know what you're talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
    Josh Johnson=Tarvaris Jackson.
    And that shows exactly why you have no business thinking you are good at this. Very stereotypical player comparison: small school black quarterbacks.

Josh Johnson has a very weak arm from what I have seen. Reports I have read on him are that he has an extremely high football IQ playing in a WCO very similar to Jon Gruden (his head coach was Gruden's QBs coach in Oakland). Johnson is much more mobile than Jackson. He has much better mechanics.

Tarvaris has a very strong arm but a low football IQ. Inaccurate, has no footwork.

I'm not going to say they are opposite, but to throw the JJ=TJ comparison out there is a joke.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Not that I think he'll ever be a long time starter in Tampa, but Gruden and Doug Williams LOVED Josh Johnson.
    Josh Johnson=Tarvaris Jackson.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
    LOL, Jason White. I can throw the ball farther then him...seriously.

What happened to him? He isn't even good enought to make it in the CFL.
    Knees. He "retired" from the NFL to get pension (right use of word in situation?) I believe.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagles4Life View Post
    I was really, really dissapointed when Woodson went to the Giants. And when Dixon went to the Steelers. Both IMO have potential. Hopefully they will both be traded.
    I was too. I think both situations are good for the players, especially for Dixon. Andre can step in when Eli falters again or gets hurt, but 1. Will he get hurt and 2. Even if Eli bombs, will Giants management/coaching staff suck up their pride and play 'Dre.

Leave a comment:

• Eagles4Life
    replied
    Jason White? Chris Leak?
    Good points. Idk Jason White, but did he run the spread?

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Dixon is a joke. I've never seen a QB in the NFL that scrawny. Poor arm strength, played in an option offense, he's a career backup.
    Randall Cunningham. He is pretty skinny.

I thought Dixon had a pretty good arm. He's accurate to.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Jason White? Chris Leak?
    LOL, Jason White. I can throw the ball farther then him...seriously.

What happened to him? He isn't even good enought to make it in the CFL.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Well, hopefully that'll work out for you guys.

And, while this is a lame argument, any QB that when healthy makes his team a BCS championship contender, and was a serious heisman contender has my respect.
    Jason White? Chris Leak?

Leave a comment:

• Eagles4Life
    replied
    Not that I think he'll ever be a long time starter in Tampa, but Gruden and Doug Williams LOVED Josh Johnson.
    Well, hopefully that'll work out for you guys.

And, while this is a lame argument, any QB that when healthy makes his team a BCS championship contender, and was a serious heisman contender has my respect.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I really hope so, I'd like to see either in Chicago or Tampa.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Dixon is a joke. I've never seen a QB in the NFL that scrawny. Poor arm strength, played in an option offense, he's a career backup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X