Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Mayock on the PA and Dubay show

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/182...-_KFAN_AM_1130

Very good listen. Talks about alot of topics...

Apparently Mayock does Viking preseason games.

Chipoltle? Vitamin Water? BEN LEBER? I'M DRIVING SOUTH RIGHT NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
      Chipoltle? Vitamin Water? BEN LEBER? I'M DRIVING SOUTH RIGHT NOW!

LOL, that's hilarious. You can't beat free chipolte burritoes and free vitamin water.

Comment

This is more proof that Canadian radio is far superior to American radio. I couldn't tell who was Dubay or PA. They sound exactly alike.

Amerikkka sucks...lololololololololol

Comment

Nobody actually has any comments about what Mayock said?

He seems really high on Tyrell Johnson. He said he might actually be starting over Madieu Williams by the end of the year. I don't see that happening but he'll probably get alot of playing time at nickelback.

Comment

I think when I go on the radio from now on I want to be more calm and smooth like Mayock, but my personality is a lot of energy (I'm like that in real life) so I should show that as well...basically more like Kiper.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
              Nobody actually has any comments about what Mayock said?

He seems really high on Tyrell Johnson. He said he might actually be starting over Madieu Williams by the end of the year. I don't see that happening but he'll probably get alot of playing time at nickelback.
              You heard Mayock, guy is more of a Box-safety. I didn't understand the pick at all.

Comment

The Tyrell Johnson pick was a pure value selection for the Vikings, and I don't think it was a bad pick at all.

Here's why:

1. They like Tarvaris Jackson, so we eliminate the QB need...not that I agree with it, but I'm looking at the pick in their eyes here.

2. Lack of OT help

While everyone was raving about the OT class this year, I was talking about how extremely shallow it was. Not much depth at all. They can't go with a right tackle here to displace Ryan Cook.

3. No need at WR
                Sidney Rice and signing Bernard Berrian. No need here, we'll see what Aundrae Allison does next season. Early Doucet, Earl Bennett, and Limas Sweed would have been solid picks here, but again you're drafting a #3 WR. Safety, down the road was a much bigger need (Sharper is 32 years old).

When you look at who was on the board and the lack of Minnesota's needs (if you eliminate Tarvaris Jackson, which you have to since that is what the FO sees), it was a very solid pick.

I would have grabbed Andre Woodson later in the draft (in hindsight), but that's just me.

Comment

It's not safety, it's taking a box-safety. Would anyone have complained if they had taken DaJaun Morgan instead? If you're 32nd against the pass, and 1st against the run, I don't understand why you need someone who is questionable in coverage but a great tackler?

Comment

It's not safety, it's taking a box-safety. Would anyone have complained if they had taken DaJaun Morgan instead? If you're 32nd against the pass, and 1st against the run, I don't understand why you need someone who is questionable in coverage but a great tackler?
                    I'd say bringing in Madieu Williams and Jared Allen will help that 32nd ranked pass defense.

Also, I don't always believe in going with a short-term quick fix, knee-jerk decision. Just becuase you are 32nd in the pass, it doesn't mean you pass up on a player you view as a really talented SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      I'd say bringing in Madieu Williams and Jared Allen will help that 32nd ranked pass defense.

Also, I don't always believe in going with a short-term quick fix, knee-jerk decision. Just becuase you are 32nd in the pass, it doesn't mean you pass up on a player you view as a really talented SS.
                      It won't be short term. If you draft Dajaun Morgan, it's not like it's going to hurt your pass-defense. It's building on a weakness.

Comment

It won't be short term. If you draft Dajaun Morgan, it's not like it's going to hurt your pass-defense. It's building on a weakness.
                        Drafting Tyrell Johnson makes your team better in the long term. Darren Sharper is 32. If you view Johnson as a much better player than DaJuan Morgan, then you are getting better value.

Plus, why would you sign Madieu Williams, then turn around and draft DaJuan Morgan in the 2nd round? That doesn't make much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          Drafting Tyrell Johnson makes your team better in the long term. Darren Sharper is 32. If you view Johnson as a much better player than DaJuan Morgan, then you are getting better value.

Plus, why would you sign Madieu Williams, then turn around and draft DaJuan Morgan in the 2nd round? That doesn't make much sense.
                          I'm pretty confident that DaJaun Morgan can play SS.

Comment

I agree that Johnson should take the starting role from Williams. I like what Mayock said about Sidney Rice too.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                            HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I'm pretty confident that DaJaun Morgan can play SS.
                              He might be able to, but you are missing the point. The Vikes (and nearly everyone else that saw him) hated Tyrell Johnson rated higher than Morgan. It was a value pick. Sue a team for making one...but hey that's what happens in today's draft when 90% of people that follow it have no clue how to evaluate it (aka Mario Williams vs. Reggie Bush).

Comment

Working...
                              X