X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Daniels out, Skins could turn to Taylor

WITH DANIELS OUT, ‘SKINS COULD TURN TO TAYLOR

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Redskins defensive end Phillip Daniels suffered an ACL injury on Sunday. According to John Clayton of ESPN.com, it’s a potentially season-ending injury, and it could result in Jason Taylor being traded to Washington.

Clayton says that talks already are underway between the ‘Skins and the Fins.

The wild card in all of this is whether Taylor would want to play for the Redskins, and whether he’d be willing to re-do his contract to make it more cap-friendly. The fact that Taylor’s agent, Gary Wichard, and Redskins’ personnel guru Vinny Cerrato are close friends can’t hurt.

The Dolphins were shopping Taylor before the 2008 draft, reportedly looking for a first-round or second-round pick. Their current expectations are unknown.

DANIELS OUT WITH KNEE INJURY

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Redskins defensive end Phillip Daniels hyperextended a knee on the first play of 7-on-7 drills. He was carted off the field and an MRI is being conducted.

Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post reports that Daniels, a 35-year-old starter, “looked bad” as he was leaving the practice field.

Previously, the Redskins had expressed no interest in Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor. If Daniels is out for an extended period of time, the ‘Skins might have to re-think their position.

Comment

I doubt that happens but if it does they could bring some heat at DE.

Comment

Dan Snyder is dumb enough to send a 2nd round pick for Jason Taylor. It really wouldn't surprise me.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they trade for Taylor with Daniels out. But I'd be against it. Chris Wilson is an unknown in terms of an every down player but when he was on the field last season he produced and I'd like to see him given the chance to succeed.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
          HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            Dan Snyder is dumb enough to send a 2nd round pick for Jason Taylor. It really wouldn't surprise me.
            Me neither.

If they add him though they'll have a good defense injuries aside. Offense is at a crossroads with young skill position players and an old offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
              Me neither.

If they add him though they'll have a good defense injuries aside. Offense is at a crossroads with young skill position players and an old offensive line.
              The defensive line will be solid with or without him. I have to think Chris Wilson, Demetric Evans, or Erasmus James, who have all shown good potential, will step up in place of Daniels.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Wow DE Alex Buzbee, who probably didn't have a shot at making the team before Daniels got injured, also went down and had to get carted off. I think we should tell the DEs they've done enough for today and get them out of there before Andre Carter gets nuked.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

sign a free agent. Dont give up a high pick for a one year player.
                  If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                  Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Why the Dolphins didn't trade this guy before the 08' draft is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                      Why the Dolphins didn't trade this guy before the 08' draft is beyond me.
                      Well if they didn't get anything better than a 4th round draft pick offer, as John Clayton reported, then you really can't blame them, even though I would have taken the 4th round pick.

Comment

Gg Zorn

Comment

Puppy, I hate to break it to you but this isn't a huge loss. Daniels is a SINO (Starter in name only). He's only on the field for about half of the plays because he is slow and old.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                            Puppy, I hate to break it to you but this isn't a huge loss. Daniels is a SINO (Starter in name only). He's only on the field for about half of the plays because he is slow and old.
                            You could probably say that about every starter on the DL. Jason Taylor is old...when will he lose his speed like Simeon Rice?

Comment

Andre Carter - 29
                              Anthony Montgomery - 24
                              Cornelius Griffin - Old
                              Phillip Daniels - Old

By my count you can only say that about half of the starters (now 1/4)

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Working...
                              X