Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving

Hi everyone:

After receiving a recent e-mail from Walter pointing out the flaws, typos, and misinformation in my latest mock draft update, I've done a lot of thinking that has led me to my decision to leave this website.

Just because I have a passion for sports writing doesn't make me a good sports writer. I need to do a lot of refining on my skills before I'm ready to be a legitimate writer for a site like this.

I'll be doing a lot of work on fixing up the flaws in my writing on various open-forum sites, so if any of you actually enjoyed my writing and want to keep up on it, please e-mail me so I can send you a link. I won't spam different sites on Walter's message board.

Thank you for the opportunity Walt, I appreciate it.

Matt I'll still be reading your stuff constantly, because even though I disagree with you on a lot, you are still one hell of a writer and someone who's writing I really respect and admire.

Everyone else, thanks for all of your input on my articles and drafts, maybe I'll be back some time in the future, but for now, I'm just bringing down the site.

Goodbye,
    -Greg
    Last edited by Greg_Haefner; 07-20-2008, 06:46 PM.
    Originally posted by bills_red
    I'll bet my left nut you insulted 80% of the people here.
    sigpic
    Chad Nkang, #251 overall, 2007 NFL draft, Elon University

Peace out, don't be afraid to remain an active member of the forums.
    "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
    -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

Comment

Sucks dude. I'll keep sending you my stuff and you do the same. Hope you catch on somewhere else.

On another note: Campaign for DKW '08! lol

Comment

lol don't get any ideas Wonder Kid
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
          lol don't get any ideas Wonder Kid
          I can see it now!

Where's my poll? Vote! Vote!!! lol

Comment

oy
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Seriously though Walt said I was too young for the job and I respect that but if you are open to giving me consideration or an interview Walter I'd be more than happy to.

Comment

It doesn't matter how old you are in my eyes. If you are original (I don't think you are), if you can write well (I don't know), and if you have a good style then you can be a man for a job.

All that said, anyone that calls themselves the Wonder Kid of the NFL Draft, shouldn't be writing for a website.

Comment

It doesn't matter how old you are in my eyes. If you are original (I don't think you are), if you can write well (I don't know), and if you have a good style then you can be a man for a job.

All that said, anyone that calls themselves the Wonder Kid of the NFL Draft, shouldn't be writing for a website.
                  Oh you're cool Matt. (sarcasm) I'll defenitly listen to you (sarcasm) and quit writing (sarcasm x 2).

I can't believe you got under Greg's skin lol. Your petty insults mean nothing lol.

Comment

I don't think I got under Greg's skin. And I'm not going to encourage YOU to quit writing. I'm just saying i don't think you are good enough to write for this site.

Comment

I don't think I got under Greg's skin. And I'm not going to encourage YOU to quit writing. I'm just saying i don't think you are good enough to write for this site.
                      Funny... I had that exact same thought about you!!!

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                        Funny... I had that exact same thought about you!!!
                        I hope the Redskins go 0-16

Comment

I think Campbell, Fletcher, Portis, Moss, Cooley, Carter, and Springs would all have to get injured for that to happen lol but hey... i'm a homer maybe it would just take Campbell, Portis, Moss, and Cooley

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_Haefner View Post
                            After receiving a recent e-mail from Walter pointing out the flaws, typos, and misinformation in my latest mock draft...
                            Like when you suggested Fili Moala and Matt Stafford might actually be good? =P

Take care man... Stay active on the forums if u can.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I beg to differ.

Comment

Working...
                              X