Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockey's a Saint

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8364800?MSNHPHMA

Jeremy Shockey's complaints have finally paid off. He's heading to New Orleans to be canonized a Saint. He is a talented player, but there are certainly some attitude issues. From what I heard, the price is a second and fifth rounder.

How will Shockey help the Saints' offense? Will a change of scenery help calm his attitude problem a la Randy Moss or Terrell Owens? Discuss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3498795
    Last edited by supremeworldemperor; 07-21-2008, 02:12 PM. Reason: I added another link just in case you are one of those assholes who need more than one source to believe anything.
    This is my signature.

I like the trade for both teams. Shockey will be another weapon for Drew Brees who needs more than Colston and Bush to pass to. Plus the Giants get rid of a distraction who they didn't need to win the big game and get solid value for him. Winners all around.

On a side note the Saints don't have many picks in the 09 draft anymore.

Lost a 2nd
    Lost a 5th
    Potentially a 3rd (vilma trade)

Any others I'm missing?
    Last edited by Vbsiena; 07-21-2008, 02:33 PM.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I hope this Jason Taylor/Shockey business starts a wave of trades that sees Roy Williams getting moved somewhere.

Comment

Is this normal for bigger trades like this to happen after the draft/just before camp? First Taylor, now Shockey...wonder if anyone else big will get moved (Favre aside)...

Comment

Alright I'm now confused. Check out my post from the offseason trades thread.

http://walterfootball.com/forum/show...15&postcount=5

I thought then and I think now that the Saints could have potentially given up their 2009 2nd round pick to the Jets if Vilma is resigned and meets whatever playing or statistical requirements. But this trade with the Giants seems to complicate things.

Can anyone prove me wrong?

Comment

Walter

How is this going to effect Shockey's fantasy value? It's gotta shot him up to like top 5 right

Comment

This is a great trade for both teams. Giants get value in Shockey, and the Saints get someone on their team who will light a fire under their ass and provide some leadership.

I really like the direction the Saints have been moving in as of late.

Comment

I would put Shockey in top 4 because look at what Brees did with the more talented Gates... He loves TEs in the end zone and I love Shockeys new fantasy value
                Check out my new site Today!
                Live 4 The Story

Comment

Well SD's offense is set up for Gates to be the No 1 option, it isn't just Brees.

Comment

Shockey realistically helps Colston and Bree's value too.

Comment

So why wouldnt the Giants do this trade on draft day? That was the same picks that were being mentioned, and they would have gotten a top10 pick in both rounds. The saints are going to be much improved this year if healthy in that crap division.
                      Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Maybe there isn't anyone they wanted in the 2nd and 5th round of last years draft.

Comment

Good call by the Giants. They'll do just fine without him

(did I just curse them?)
                          And now for something completely different

Comment

Great I just had to change one pick in my mock and now I have to change another... Lame... And good riddance to Jeremy Shockey from the whole NFC East. I'm a little bummed the Saints were willing to pay so much for him though.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                            HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

No point in playing someone who isn't going to put in 100%, but jesus ****ing christ why **** around and not get it done on draft day?

Comment

Working...
                              X