Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to NFL.com Vikings have best depth

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/stor...o&confirm=true

Wow, that's a bit surprising. We edged out Matt's boys the TB Bucs.

lol typical NFL.com article. How do the Vikings have good depth?

RB? Yes
    WR? No
    TE? Hell no
    OL? No
    DL? Ok
    LB? ok
    DB? ok

Average depth. This article is a joke.

No. 2 QB is Luke McCown
    No. 2 RB is Warrick Dunn, Graham is the starter
    Donald Penn is the incumbent at LT. Petitgout has to win the job back.
    Dan Buenning might not make the squad, Zuttah is the G/C
    Eugene Wilson is playing corner right now and hasn't been moved to safety yet. We don't have a #3 S. Sabby Piscitelli is our backup SS and the backup FS is up for grabs.

Joke article, go Pat Kirwan.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

The article is terrible i'm a vikings fan and I disagree we have resonable depth but not the best in the NFL. We have good depth at running back and the secondary thats it though maybe you could argue our TE depth is good but are starter needs work.

At linebacker we have great special teamers such as Farwell and some promising youngsters in Erin Henderson (who was a great pick up imo) and Rufus Alexander.

The d-line is ok Robison is a good player and mitchell is fine in rotation but I am worried about DT with Spencer gone.

WRs well thats slightly more debatable Ferguson was solid and Wade who is a slot reciever did ok as a starter but its hardly good unless Allison really steps up.

As for the o-line I live in fear of Marcus Johnson, Artis Hick or Chase Johnson starting though Johnson is meant to have a lot of potential. Set at C in terms of back-ups though Sullivan was a good pick and he might provide guard depth. Then again according to the article we signed the 49ners kick returner from last year as line depth lol

Comment

Congrats MikeyP, you're the first Vikings fan on this board who isn't huge homer.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
          Congrats MikeyP, you're the first Vikings fan on this board who isn't huge homer.
          Besides his odd affection for Ben Leber and Brooks Bollinger, ZNorseman is fine.

Comment

How did the browns not make it past the Quarterback test with Brady Quinn as back up? This is an awful article.

Comment

Originally posted by Standish View Post
              How did the browns not make it past the Quarterback test with Brady Quinn as back up? This is an awful article.
              True. Brady Quinn I think is the best backup QB in the game. Solid depth on the OL. Not bad at WR if Joe Jurevicius is healthy. I'm not sure about the depth on defense though.

Comment

Thank you

I just can't understand why nfl.com lets Kirwan write for them I have yet to see him write a decent article and his mock drafts are an absolute joke

Comment

MikeyP is the best under 10 post total user in this forum.

Comment

(Sorry for the double post edit isn't working)

Also surely Kurt Warner is the best back up given his experience (assuming leinart wins the starting gig) with Todd Collins and Billy Volek close behind before Brady Quinn who is yet to start a game

Comment

I'll take a top 5 talent in Brady Quinn over Kurt Warner any day of the week. Quinn was my #1 rated QB in the 2007 draft. The fact he is being benched for Derek Anderson is a joke.

Comment

Long term I agree but as a backup to step in and win games now surely a vet is going to be alot more effective

Comment

Brady Quinn is a veteran. He has much better arm strength and mobility than Warner.

Brady Quinn was a QB with an extremely high football IQ and intelligence level so he's not your average 2nd year QB.

Comment

Ahem.
                            sigpic
                            WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                            PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                            NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                            Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                            Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                            MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                            PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                            Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                            Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                            ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                            Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                            TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                            InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                            Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                            EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                            EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                            Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                            BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                            Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Brady Quinn is a veteran. He has much better arm strength and mobility than Warner.

Brady Quinn was a QB with an extremely high football IQ and intelligence level so he's not your average 2nd year QB.

Fair enough, I still think if I was a coach or general manager of a team pushing for the playoffs I would sleep alot sounder if I knew my starter was backed by an experienced vet rather than a second year non-starter no matter how good a prospect he was, thats just my opinon

Comment

Working...
                              X