Pats Sign LaMont Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats Sign LaMont Jordan

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots have signed RB LaMont Jordan, a day after he was released by the Raiders.

Jordan also considered New Orleans, but the Pats swooped in on another cheap, serviceable vet. This may say as much about the club's confidence in Sammy Morris' health as it does about Laurence Maroney. However, it's been clear for some time that Maroney's usage patterns were simply not reliable enough for fantasy leaguers, and Jordan's signing adds further concern. Maroney will remain the starter, but Jordan could play a significant enough role to hamper Maroney's consistency and overall production.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

I could see him making a few plays in a game or two. The Patriots always get use out of other peoples garbage.

Comment

Wow, I wonder how Shaun Alexander feels.

Comment

Great signing by the Pats. This is how you win: cheap, effective veterans.

I thought Jordan was going to be a stud with the Raiders but he never had an OL. He could be a real fantasy sleeper next season especially when Maroney gets injured.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Jordan has proven himself to be a great backup. Good pickup by the Pats.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I was almost positive Cincy would get Jordan. Nonetheless good signing by the Pats

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
            HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I wonder how guys that pick Maroney in their fantasy drafts are gonna handcuff him.I don't see guys carrying Maroney, Morris and Jordan on their rosters, especially with the way the Pats running game has been so inconsistent. Who knows, Kyle Eckel might have a 100 yard game...
              PATS, HABS and YANKS for life!

Comment

Handcuffing is so stupid. Drafting backups just to draft backups expecting similar production to a starter. Draft the player with the best projected stats.

Only time I have ever handcuffed was when I drafted Priest HOlmes and Larry Johnson, but that was because Johnson was an awesome backup.
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I don't usually handcuff, guys I would handcuff would be Peterson (Taylor), McFadden (Fargas), etc. I personnally wouldn't even draft a Pats RB, our running game is terribly unpredictable, like some sort of 15 year old girl with PMS.
                  PATS, HABS and YANKS for life!

Comment

I don't know... Warren Sapp said that he is extremely lazy and doesn't take care of his body (Or something to that degree).

Comment

probably because there is no discipline in oakland. isn't that where the starting quarterback held out for like three months and showed up 300 pounds?

Comment

Yea Star. That's the place. Got 70 Million for being a fat ass too.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Working...
                        X