Tampa Bay Close to Getting Favre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa Bay Close to Getting Favre

According to the Tampa Tribune, "it is believed" that the Packers and Bucs were close to agreeing on compensation in a trade that would've sent Brett Favre to Tampa Bay on Saturday.

The Tribune suggests that renewed talks Sunday may have been why Favre and Green Bay are at a standstill. In addition, beat reporter Roy Cummings says "it is believed" that the Jets are not bidding for Favre's services. The Packers are thought to be holding out for a conditional draft pick that could escalate to a first-rounder if Favre plays a certain amount of games.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sp...talks-back-on/

Escalate to a 1st rounder? Matt's gonna be pissed.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

I'm sure it starts out as a 5th rounder and Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
      No doubt.

Comment

Well obviously Mr.Ironman is going to play all 16 games so it will be a first rounder. Unless the dreaded Madden curse kicks in...

That is a steep price to pay for a 39 year QB that only has 1-2 years left probably.

Comment

ESPN Reported yesterday that the asking price for Favre was a First Round Pick. Don't care how good he is; he is still 38 and that makes him not worth a First.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Please Ted Thompson extort a first round pick out of Tampa!

Comment

Originally posted by St_Conroy View Post
              Please Ted Thompson extort a first round pick out of Tampa!

Why do you still have that sig?

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                Why do you still have that sig?
                Good point.

I just haven't got round to making/getting a new one and just haven't removed it yet.

Plus, although he's being a tool, i still have fond memories of him!

Comment

I think that you guys are crazy to think that Favre will end up anywhere other than Minnesota at this point.
                  sigpic
                  WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                  PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                  NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                  Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                  Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                  MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                  PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                  Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                  Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                  ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                  Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                  TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                  InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                  Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                  EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                  EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                  Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                  BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                  Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

I have papers to prove my insanity.
                    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
                      I think that you guys are crazy to think that Favre will end up anywhere other than Minnesota at this point.
                      You're wrong, it's not "I think you're wrong", you are just wrong. Green Bay will give him up to Tampa for a 7th rounder before they release him.

Comment

lol, Norseman you are a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                          I'm good with that on all but 3 things:

1. I'd want a third.
                          2. As long as it escalates to a first rounder thing 1 can suck it.
                          3. If we get Garcia (which I'm fine with) will that mean Matt Flynn goes bye bye? I wanted to have a Brohm/Flynn backup combo for their whole stent in G.B.

Comment

Bruce Allen gives up anything higher than a 4th rounder and I'm pissed.
                            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Bruce Allen gives up anything higher than a 4th rounder and I'm pissed.
                              It used to be, "Bruce Allen would never pay that high of a price for Brett Favre." Now it's, "If Bruce Allen pays that high of a price for Brett Favre..." Game, set, match.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                              HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Working...
                              X