Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter King:"League will not find Minnesota guilty of tampering."

Standoff in Green Bay: Eventually hell will break loose for Favre, Pack

I think I know the league will not find Minnesota guilty of tampering with Favre. Until visiting Favre here Saturday, I'd thought for sure the Vikes would get docked a fifth- or sixth-rounder in next year's draft because Darrell Bevell and Brad Childress had engaged in phone conversations at a sensitive time of Favre coming back to football while he still was under contract with the Packers. But now I'm convinced the league will do nothing.

Favre often talks with and text-messages Childress, who he got to know when the coach was the Wisconsin offensive coordinator, sitting in on Packer offensive meetings in the mid-nineties. Favre told the league that. And he told them he didn't stop being good friends with Bevell after being coached by him from 2003 to '05 just because Bevell left for the rival Vikings. Favre talks with Andy Reid. He talks with Mike Holmgren. For all I know, he's talked to both of them while this whole affair has been going on.

As he told me Saturday, the Vikings did nothing and said nothing to entice him into coming to play in Minnesota. I believe Roger Goodell, officiating this scrum, will look at the evidence and say to himself: There is no evidence that the Vikings plotted anything with Favre, and the worst thing I could do right now is throw a match into the middle of these fireworks. I'm doing nothing.

This article is a fantastic read BTW. I highly recommened checking it out, it really puts a lot of the whole situation into perspective.
    Last edited by ZN0rseman; 07-28-2008, 01:07 PM.
    sigpic
    WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
    PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
    NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
    Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
    Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
    MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
    PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
    Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
    Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
    ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
    Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
    TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
    InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
    Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
    EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
    EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
    Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
    BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
    Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."
Working...
X