Mark Murphy offered Favre 20 Mil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Murphy offered Favre 20 Mil

WTMJ-TV Channel 4 in Milwaukee, citing two sources, reported that Packers president Mark Murphy at least floated the idea of paying Favre a package in the neighborhood of $20 million over 10 years to remain retired.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...stay-home.aspx

That's insane. The only thing I can think of to compare it to is Mariah Carey getting $21 million to never record for Virgin Records ever again. That was just ridiculous.

I wish someone gave me money for not do anything.
    This is my signature.

Comment

Mariah Carey, Virgin Records lol

But anyway yea I read this too. It's funny stuff.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

he is killing the fan base lol
        Brett Favre in 2 years...sigpic

Comment

Oh my. I bet Roger Goodell, the networks that broadcast the NFL, Packer Fans, and anyone else that loves Favre or are involved in making money off the NFL will be piassed.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Wow.

That is all.

Comment

lol, that is insane. I'm loving this Favre soap opera. Major distraction for the Pukers.

Comment

It’s come to this

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1761#comments

On Wednesday morning, we speculated the Green Bay Packers might be at the point where they would consider allowing Brett Favre to end up with the Vikings. Well, that thought appears to have moved past the speculation stage.

A source told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that the Packers “were considering seeking a deal with one of their division rivals, most probably the Minnesota Vikings or Chicago Bears, if backed into a corner by the National Football League and public sentiment.”

The newspaper reports that the Packers still would like to trade Favre to the Buccaneers or Jets but he has shown no interest in those teams. It’s widely believed that Favre’s desire is to play for the Vikings and right now it appears he might be able to force his way to Minnesota. The Bears also could use Favre, but Minnesota is a far better fit.

Packers President Mark Murphy spent Wednesday in Hattiesburg, Miss., meeting with Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, for eight hours. WTMJ, a Milwaukee television station, reported that during the meeting, Murphy proposed paying Favre around $20 million over the next 10 years if he agreed to remain retired. It appears Favre wasn’t interested.

Meanwhile, Commissioner Roger Goodell has yet to reinstate Favre but that is going to happen and at this point it appears the quarterback has every intention of reporting to the Packers. The Vikings, meanwhile, are in a position to simply sit back and allow this all to play out.

It wouldn’t be shocking if the Packers received a day one draft pick from the Vikings for the 38-year-old Favre. Also, the tampering charges the Packers filed against the Vikings for contact with Favre likely would be dismissed by the league if the teams make a deal.

---------------------------------------------

Wow, Norseman your wish may be coming a little bit more likely. Instead of .03% it's 1%
                Last edited by IlliniVikeFan23; 07-31-2008, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                  Wow, Norseman your wish may be coming a little bit more likely. Instead of .03% it's 1%
                  When I started putting it all together several weeks ago, I figured the likelyhood of Favre ending up being a Viking was about 85%. Now, I think it's closer to 98%.

I'd like to tell you that I'm sorry that your boy Jackson is getting the boot, but I'd be flat-out lying if I did. I like the kid, and maybe in a few years he'll make a servicable backup somewhere... but I'm fairly convinced that he just doesn't have what it takes to start in this league.
                  sigpic
                  WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                  PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                  NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                  Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                  Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                  MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                  PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                  Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                  Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                  ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                  Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                  TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                  InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                  Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                  EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                  EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                  Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                  BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                  Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

20 mil to stay retired? He could play two years and make more than that.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

That must suck for Favre.

To be that unwanted must make him feel like s***.

Comment

Are you feeling sorry for Favre Kid Wonder? He's done so much crap for the Packers organization, he deserves to be unwanted. He's really being an a**hole.

Comment

Favre has givin 16 years to the packers, taking them to playoffs every year except one, took them to two superbowls, one of which they won, and they won't release him to explore his options after they said he couldn't start??? Think about that for a minute and you may figure out whats really going on here. Why would they give him 20 mil to retire, for '10' frickin years? Think about that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SuperT View Post
                            Favre has givin 16 years to the packers, taking them to playoffs every year except one, took them to two superbowls, one of which they won, and they won't release him to explore his options after they said he couldn't start??? Think about that for a minute and you may figure out whats really going on here. Why would they give him 20 mil to retire, for '10' frickin years? Think about that.
                            Because they aren't stupid. They don't want the Vikings to win with Favre...the Packers front office can't be the cause of that.

They have to move on. Aaron Rodgers is a #1 talent (shoulda been #1 in 2005, I mean). They want to move on. Favre should have been a man of his word, but I guess he isn't. The Packers took him at his word. You can't blame them for that. Going back to Favre would kill Rodgers' confidence.

The Packers are handling this the best way possible. Brett Favre put them in this spot. Favre should have retired 2 years ago. You can say, "But he had a great year last year" but you can't say Aaron Rodgers' couldn't have. We don't know.

Favre is being very selfish. Do I want him on Tampa Bay? Yeah I do, but I don't blame the Packers at all for how they are handling this.
                            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperT View Post
                              Woah, woah slow down. You are telling me that the Packers have been to the playoffs 15/16 years?

Matt is correct though, the Packers basically found the best solution to the Brett Favre problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X