No announcement yet.

Favre considering money-for-nothing deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zn0rseman, I completely agree with everything you said.

If I'm the Packers, I say, "You know what? You retired, and we spent the entire offseason preparing Aaron Rodgers. So, we'll cut you and let you go to any team you choose." The Packers should have the mentality of "fine, go to the Vikings, and we'll kick your ass on Monday night."
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
      Zn0rseman, I completely agree with everything you said.

If I'm the Packers, I say, "You know what? You retired, and we spent the entire offseason preparing Aaron Rodgers. So, we'll cut you and let you go to any team you choose." The Packers should have the mentality of "fine, go to the Vikings, and we'll kick your ass on Monday night."
      Thanks Walt.

I also think if Favre accepts this sham of a "marketing deal" and doesn't come back to play ball this year, he'll look as bad as the Packers front office has looked. It was never about the money according to everything he's been saying, so if that's the case, so there is no way he can take the 20 million dollars of bribery money from the Packers without without looking like a complete hipocrite.
      sigpic
      WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
      PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
      NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
      Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
      Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
      MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
      PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
      Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
      Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
      ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
      Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
      TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
      InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
      Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
      EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
      EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
      Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
      BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
      Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Man it would be so sweet to be offered millions "not" to do anything... I'm still waiting for someone to offer me $20 million not to go to work anymore
        Check out my new site Today!
        Live 4 The Story

Comment

If Favre accepts the $20 mil (like a severance pay), his number is retired on monday night against the Vikings and everyone is happy. Well, except Vikings fans
          And now for something completely different

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
            It makes them look like scumbags actually... they're so desperate to get rid of their icon that they're willing to pay him off?
            Favre is the scumbag. Yeah I think they are this desperate. No matter what the Packers do here, they lose. It's a ****ty situation caused by Favre.

I don't think the Packers look bad in my eyes for doing this. They are trying to resolve the situation.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

At this point I don't think there's any reason to discuss or predict where Favre will go. It's completely up in the air, you can't guarantee he will go to the Vikings, or the Jets, or the Bucs or stay retired. It's a complete mess.

Comment

He's not coming to Tampa. We are too far into training camp now and he couldn't learn the offense.

I don't see him going to the Jets either for the same reason.

Like you guys said, now it would seem like Minnesota or retirement.

I'm not sure what the Packers were asking for, but I think they were dumb to come out and say a first round pick. No one is that dumb. I hate how all these idiots are asking for first round picks for oldies. Parcells with Taylor and Thompson with Favre.

Comment

how much longer until this whole thing gets resolved?

I think Favre takes the deal and both organizations look bad for all of this. I really don't wanna see him play for a crappy team and end his career on a bad note

Comment

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/r...-mill/

REPORT: FAVRE TO TAKE THE MONEY

Posted by Mike Florio on August 2, 2008, 6:27 p.m.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Packers quarterback Brett Favre currently plans to accept the Packers’ shameless bribe marketing deal and un-unretire from the NFL.

Schefter points out that the decision isn’t final, and that it could change and has changed already. As of right now, however, Favre’s inclination is to take the money and not run. Or throw.

Meanwhile, Chris Mortensen of ESPN recently reported that Commissioner Roger Goodell asked for a resolution of the situation by the end of the day on Saturday, and that the Packers are hoping that Favre doesn’t report in time for a Sunday night scrimmage at Lambeau Field. Mort says that family members are urging Favre to get on a plane for Green Bay on Sunday.

As we see it, it’s possible that Favre is putting out the word that he’s taking the money so that he can call a press conference on Sunday and declare that it’s not about the money, it’s never been about the money, and he wants to play football.

We’re told that, if Favre shows up, the team’s plan is to put him at the bottom of the depth chart, continue to try to trade him, and if they can’t they’ll cut him on the eve of the regular season opener.

Comment

I don't see how the Vikings got tampering charges if Favre was retired. He should be able to talk to any team.

Comment

I'm incredibly surprised at the cowardice of the Packers' front office. What kind of team buys out a player simply because they are too afraid to play against him? And what does that say about their confidence in their own team? If I was a Packer, I would be quite perturbed from that respect. As someone said: their mentality should be to trade him ASAP and then beat his ass back into retirement.

Also, if Favre takes this deal, he loses a lot of respect--at least in my book. This entire charade has been about Favre's passion and desire to once again play professional football, and just like that, he'll take a buy out? Pathetic.

I say let's get this over with and focus on the relevant information regarding training camp progress!

Comment

So are you trying to tell me if someone gave you $20M to do nothing you wouldn't take it? You're a liar. Favre is an old man, and coming back to play football can be very dangerous. It's a dangerous sport.

Anyone that says they wouldn't take the money is a liar.

Comment

I'd take it faster than Jerry Jones would take Darren McFadden.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              So are you trying to tell me if someone gave you $20M to do nothing you wouldn't take it? You're a liar. Favre is an old man, and coming back to play football can be very dangerous. It's a dangerous sport.

Anyone that says they wouldn't take the money is a liar.
                              I'd rather seize the last opportunity I had to do something I loved for the next two years and get compensated more than $20 mil than wonder 'what if' for the next 5 years every time I got a piece of that $20 mil payoff.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                                I'd rather seize the last opportunity I had to do something I loved for the next two years and get compensated more than $20 mil than wonder 'what if' for the next 5 years every time I got a piece of that $20 mil payoff.
                                Favre has done everything a QB can do in this league. He has nothing else to prove. He is old, he will get tired, he could get seriously hurt.

Favre loves to play the game, but at some point every player that has loved to play the game must retire.

Favre might be wondering "what if" but he will be doing it on his yacht in the Caribbean.

If Favre loved to do this so much, then why cry about leaving the game and that whole emotional retirement.

Comment

Working...
                                X